IGNORED

Break Out Day Yesterday

Tyler92488
Note: This thread is 4674 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yesterday had a great day at the course, shot a 77. It has been awhile since I have gotten into the 70's. It's funny though because I felt like it was a real sloppy 77. Only hit 3 fairways, and 8 GIR. Putting is what really saved me. On the back nine I think I had 11 putts. Front nine was a 40 with a 3 putt double on the 9th, and was -1 under on the back nine till 17 I took another double. Hit short of the green rolled back about 20 yds, front pin location so was a tough chip came up short again. So I feel that there was a bunch of room for improvement, but in all I was pretty happy about it.

I just started keeping track of my rounds so I have 3 complete rounds so far. 82, 83, and 77. I inputed the three in a handicap calculator and for the last two scores I needed for a handicap I just averaged the slope/rating/and scores of the first three rounds. I know that doesn't give me a total accurate number but close enough for the time being. With that said it put me at a 6.7, which also I am pretty happy about. Well I promise I am done bragging just super thrilled.

Thanks,

Tyler

Congratulations man.. That's great! You straighten your driver out and putt like that again and you're shaving 4-5 strokes off that score easily.. Just don't let it get you down if you go out next time and shoot an 88-90.. That's usually how it goes when you think you have it "figured out."

Nevertheless, congrats again on a great round!

Originally Posted by baseballfrk8998

Congratulations man.. That's great! You straighten your driver out and putt like that again and you're shaving 4-5 strokes off that score easily.. Just don't let it get you down if you go out next time and shoot an 88-90.. That's usually how it goes when you think you have it "figured out."

Nevertheless, congrats again on a great round!

Yeah seriously. Way to go! Its so much fun to play good! Rolling in putts is my favorite! So bitter-sweet when you think back to what could have been... I look at it this, even though you didn't score that great, you didn't score bad. And you did it while striking the ball only so-so. Get it all working, like bballfrk says, and you'll be deadly. That's when its super fun!

You say you've been keeping track of your rounds. Have you ever tried keeping track of all things good in a round? Go hole to hole describing in writing all the good shots, chips, putts? I find it helps, keep feeding the mind positivity! Hopefully I'll have at least one good shot for every hole.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Thanks guy for all the kind words! Yeah I am super excited to get out again and see what happens, but honestly like baseballfrk said I am going to try my best to not get upset if I don't shoot anywhere near that the next time. It's just nice to know I am capable. But like Ben said it's funny when you play a good round how you can run through that round every shot in your head. I have learned with golf don't set your expectations to high and just take positives out of it. If I take a 9 on a hole I think hey I gave myself nine shots to get better. Again thanks for the kind words

Thanks

Tyler

Originally Posted by Tyler92488

Yesterday had a great day at the course, shot a 77. It has been awhile since I have gotten into the 70's. It's funny though because I felt like it was a real sloppy 77. Only hit 3 fairways, and 8 GIR. Putting is what really saved me. On the back nine I think I had 11 putts. Front nine was a 40 with a 3 putt double on the 9th, and was -1 under on the back nine till 17 I took another double. Hit short of the green rolled back about 20 yds, front pin location so was a tough chip came up short again. So I feel that there was a bunch of room for improvement, but in all I was pretty happy about it.

I just started keeping track of my rounds so I have 3 complete rounds so far. 82, 83, and 77. I inputed the three in a handicap calculator and for the last two scores I needed for a handicap I just averaged the slope/rating/and scores of the first three rounds. I know that doesn't give me a total accurate number but close enough for the time being. With that said it put me at a 6.7, which also I am pretty happy about. Well I promise I am done bragging just super thrilled.

Thanks,

Tyler

Walt Whitman said: "If you done it, it ain't bragging."  Congrats and I hope you shoot another 77 (or lower) soon.

:titleist: :scotty_cameron:
915D3 / 712 AP2 / SC Mont 1.5

Note: This thread is 4674 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!