IGNORED

Super bowl head coaches

neudi
Note: This thread is 6285 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am not racist at all, but if America is trying to move on from racial segrity, then why do everytime I turn the tv on I hear, "these to head coaches have broken the football color barrier" and stuff like that. I don't know...maybe im just crazy, but it's annoying to me.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

I am not racist at all...

Best racist leadin of all time. I'm just messing with you, but it is funny how many people "cover" their racism by leading in with that phrase. (I don't think your comment was racist.) That said- it is a big deal. Anytime something has never happened- it's a big deal. Sure it "seems" like ignoring race issues is an attempt to show equality, because it's "no big deal," but in the end- it is. By not mentioning it would be an insult to all of the black coaches who were deserving of a head coaching role and discriminated against because of the color of their skin.
In The Bag
Driver: Nike NDS
Hybrid: Ben Hogan CFTi 3 Hybrid (love it)
Irons: Nike NDS
Putter: Odyssey Ball: Titlist DT Solo Stat Tracker:www.oobgolf.com

• Administrator
The Steelers just hired a new head coach, and every time you hear about it, they have to mention that he's black. It's sad, but racism takes several forms.

A number of years ago I mentioned on my blog that some black people were fishing and I was accused of being racist when I was actually simply trying to be descriptive. Had the people all been old, or white, or female, I'd have mentioned it too.

Sadly, had the Steelers hired a white head coach, the news outlets would NOT have mentioned the color of his skin nearly so frequently as they have with Tomlin.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I see where you guys are coming from, it just seems like they take it to extremes to mention the color of their skin rather than how good of coaches they actually are, because they are both excellent coaches
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

High tension Topic...got to love it.

It was mentioned earlier about the "I am not a racist" statement and how comical it was. Unfortunately, it is not comical at all. Our society and it's overwhelming ignorance has people scared to make comments on race and religion and any other differences we may have. If someone believes that it is not special to mention 2 black coaches, then they are highly entitled to their opinion. If they believe their is a historical signifigance because it is a new thing, then they too have that right. The problem with racism in the world is not the opinions of the people, yet how they try to force their opinions unto others.
That is where our ignorance comes in. People, as advanced as we are, still find it to be offensive to hear the opinions of others or are still afraid of voicing their opinions. Because of this, people feel it neccessary to make statements such as "I am not a racist."

John

IN THE BAG

Driver - 905T / 8.5 / Speeder Stiff3 Wood - G5 / 13 degree / Stock X-StiffIrons - G5 / 4-PW / Stock Stiff Wedges - Vokey / 252.08, 256.14, 260.08Putter - Old School B60Ball - Pro-V1

I thought I woke up from a nightmare, but what really happened is I went to sleep watching the Stupor Bowl . . . ahhhhhh!

They should have paid us to watch that.

It was kind of upsetting, they kept interrupting the commercials to show us a rugby match, that is when the picture wasn't freezing or going blank.

The Colts did enough to win and Dungy and staff are decent, but Lovie Smith and staff didn't inspire. Who cares what their race is, results are what count and Smith didn't produce results, what a lousy game, this is the best the NFL can come up with . . . see ya, no more stupor bowls for me. Next year it's golf for sure on super sunday.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

I am actually happy... very happy for Coach Dungy....

Many of you know that he had a personal tragedy in his family few years ago with his son's death.

He really deserved to win and I am happy that he did elsewhere than NY Jets.

He showed that he is Top Class Coach and whatever happened with the Jets was not his fault.
In My Bag:
Driver:
Nike SasQuatch 460 9.5 deg - Fujikura Prototype X
3 Wood:
Orlimar Trimetal Plus 14 deg - Fujikura Prototype XIrons: Titleist 735CM (3-PW) - TT DG 300SWedges: Titleist Vokey 50 & 54 & 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Laguna Oil Can - Custom Shop Restored to Pro...

The media always need an angle (label) to try and make every story attractive. I suspect most of us could care less whether the head coaches were caucasion or not. In a way it is lazy journalism since they didn't bother to take the time to find out enough about the coaches to present an interesting lead based on them as the successful individuals they are.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

I'll be glad when we finally have a president that is black, then I think we won't have to hear someone described as black when they write or talk about something a black person has done. I never unserstood how anyone could think that a person was different because of the color of their skin. It is by far the dumbest concept the human mind has ever created.
It is the single most stupid form of idiocy ever. I'm happy for coach Dungy because he is a great man. Lovie Smith will win a superbowl someday I'm sure. If he could get a team to the bowl with grossman at QB then he most be good.
T-Bone Marshall
Home Course: www.waldenponds.com (74.1/134) 7001 yds
in my bag
Driver: Big Ben cs3 10.5 Stiff/Draw set up
Fairway: Hogan Edge 3,5 metal:Irons: Hogan Radial-Apex shaftWedge: Hogan "Tom Kite" 56* Radial "E" wedgePutter: Affinity vr7 "V-Rod" pro-v1x ball2 markers, Disney divot tool,...

It's just the way it is. Until pro sports even out more on the minority side in power positions such as Owners, GMs, coaches you're going to continue to hear about it. I'm glad we're getting a shot at these great things, but like most of you it gets old having to hear every second that a lot of the recognition is because we are minority.

Note: This thread is 6285 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!