IGNORED

Which fairwaywoods do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 5752 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to fairwaywoods? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

My three wood is a taylormade r7 TP and my 7 wood is a callaway big bertha, that i will be replacing here in the next year or so. On ebay i "thought" i won a r7 st 3 wood for 60 dollars, and it turns out its a TP!!!!! wow a TM r7 tp for 60 bucks! in great condition!! now thats luck..

driver - TM r7 425 10.5* Purple Ice Stiff
3 wood - TM r7 TP 15* reg. flex fij. vista pro
7 wood - Cally Big Bertha 21* proforce stiff
4 hybrid - TM Mid 22* reg. ultralight fij.5 hybrid - Nickent 3dx Ironwood 26* fij. banzia stiff irons - Ping eye 2+ 4, 6-pw kt-m stiff wedges - Ping tour 54*...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now i only have 1 fairway wood in my bag. It is an origional Titleist PT 5wood. It is 20* with a true temper x100 shaft. This is my favorite club, i can hit it a mile (about 240) and it always straight as an arrow. So i dont really see the need for a 3-wood. I am contemplating getting a 7wood... do you think that is a good idea? And if so, what ones would everyone recomend?

Hi-bore - 8.5* w/ 77g UST ProForce v2 stiff

PT- 21* x100 shaft

Ta3- Form Forged s300 shaftsVokey 52* 56*- Red X2 center shafted 33" ProV1x- High Numbers only (5's)

• 4 weeks later...
Has anoyone got any experience with the TM R7 steel fairway wood with steel shaft? It's on sale for just 100$ now and I wonder if it's any good.

G10 driver 9° TFC / stiff
V-Steel 3 wood 15° /stiff
Carbon CB 3 - PW / stiff
Vokey Spin Milled 56°
Karsten B60 Hoofer Stand Bag 2008

king cobra baffler 5H works well for me when i am looking to hit the ball perfectly straight.

when going for distance, i use a nike sasquatch 3 wood. Always goes far, but i am not as consistent with this club, and hit it with a slight fade.

a bad day on the golf course is always better than a good day at work."

http://www.golfenthusiastic.com

The hottest fairway wood on the market today is the Callaway X ---Its not even close how far that 3 wood goes--and if you add an accra shaft--watch out--it will catch up to your driver-and i aint kidding

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

The hottest fairway wood on the market today is the Callaway X ---Its not even close how far that 3 wood goes--and if you add an accra shaft--watch out--it will catch up to your driver-and i aint kidding

Agree 100%! I have the X (not Hot) 3 wood and never hit a fairway as straight or as far. Barely a need to hit driver now. Carry 245-255yd with 3 wood and 260-265 with driver. Great great club. Not as easy for me to hit off the carpet though.

I just got my Cobra Carbon CB's (they're awsome) and now I'm looking for a new #3 fairway wood...
I'm having doubts choosing between the TM Burner 15° (TP or not, don't know) and the Cobra X Speed Pro 15° ... Any advice? Cause didnt find the X speed in the golf digest hot list and I wonder if anyone has any experience with it

Thanks!

G10 driver 9° TFC / stiff
V-Steel 3 wood 15° /stiff
Carbon CB 3 - PW / stiff
Vokey Spin Milled 56°
Karsten B60 Hoofer Stand Bag 2008

• 2 weeks later...
I have a Nike Sasquatch 3 wood (Factory Diamana) that stays in the bag.

I also alternate a Sasquatch 5 wood (V2 shaft) and a Callaway Big Bertha (steel shaft). I've been more consistant with the Callaway, so it's in there now.

In My Bag: 10.5 Staff (cart) - (stand)

Driver - FT-i - (11 degree Speeder)

3 wood - Sasquatch - (Diamana)5 wood - Big Bertha - (Steel)4 hybrid - Rescue Mid clone - (Irod)Irons - DCI 822OS - (Graphite)Wedges - CG10 and CG11 Black PearlPutter - Heavy...

louisville niblick, love the crack of wood

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Need info...

I have been playing the Callaway Steelhead System III 15* 3W for years. For this season I found a new TaylorMade V Steel 15* on EBay for $40 and installed a Proforce V2 shaft in it. The times I have been able to hit in indoors have felt good. My driver is tipped at 252 cpm which is the low range of stiff so I had my 3 wood tipped at 260 cpm which is a little stiffer for control. I am keeping my Callway Steelhead as a backup and will be test driving the V Steel very soon and will report back.

Ping hoofer bag Ping G15 10.5* Driver, stock reg shaft Ping G15 3 metal, Aldila 75g Stiff shaft Ping G15 5 metal, Aldila 75g Stiff shaft Mizuno MP 69 3-PW irons, DG S300 shafts Mizuno MP R12 black nickel 52* and 56* gap and sand wedges, DG spinner W+ shafts Mizuno 20* FLiHi Clk hybrids, Project X 5.5 shaft 25 year old Bulls Eye putter, 33" or Ping Anser 2 Scottsdale 34" First round of golf was in 1963 at age 10. Best round -1. 2 Holes-In-One.

I'm not currently carrying one. I've got a 2-iron hybrid but I'm looking into adding a 3-wood.

I've looked at the Nike T-60, Cleveland launcher, TM R7, and Callaway X. I'm also interested in suggestions.

Nikes. I've had everything. Titleist, Callaway, Taylor Made, you name it. For some odd reason I can hit these longer, straighter and more consistent than anything else I've ever tried.

To each his own.

Driver:  S3 White Limited Edition 10.5* w/Aldila RIP Beta 65

3 Wood:  Burner 15*

Irons:  Forged Blades 3-9

Wedges:  SV 48, 52, 56, and 60

Putter:  Studio Newport

Ball: Pro V1

Bag: 

• 2 weeks later...

As of yesterday I increased the Tour Edge population by two. A Bazooka Geomax 3 & 5 wood joined the party and hit both of them during my 18 yesterday better than I ever hit my Mactec NVG 3+

Anyone want to buy a macgregor strong 3?

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

Taylor made.

They seem to work for me.
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

Note: This thread is 5752 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!