IGNORED

Which putter do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 4075 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to putters? Pros and Cons.

• Odyssey
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Never Compromise
    • Nike
    • Heavy Putter
    • Yes!
    • Ping
    • Wilson
    • Others (Please specify)

Which putters do you use? Length? Pros and cons.

1. Odyssey
2. Taylormade
3. Titleist
4. Ping
5. Heavy Putter
6. Mizuno
7. Never Compromise
8. Nike
9. Wilson
10. Yes!
11. Others (Please specify)
Driver
909D2 9.5º w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Guerin Rife 2 Bar Blade...and love it. I really like the feel, the sound, the roll, and its resistance to twisting and miss hits. It's also really easy to line up. Can't think of any cons...can usually roll to within 2 ft, so no complaints.

Odyssey putters, to me have a soft feel. On fast bent grass greens I like a soft feel.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

I was fortunate enough to speak to Bobby Grace, a couple of years ago, about the fact that I'm 5'6" and would like a smaller, heavier putter. He built me a 6.4k mallet that is 32", 3 degrees upright with his heaviest weights inserted ( apparently this model allows one to adjust weights in the bottom of the putter ). I loved the putter from the moment I received it in the mail. I have three Cameron putters and one Bettinardi putter. I've owned three Oddessy putters. This MacGregor Bobby Grace 6.4 is the best putter I've ever used. I have tried others since I got the Grace and I just can't seem to find one I like better or trust more. Of course, putters are such a personal thing. I really like the retro look of the Bullseye, as well as the Anser style, but I just seem to do better with mallets. I have taken a lot of ribbing for the look of the putter I use; for example, " Been branding any cattle with that thing?" But, ultimately, I can take any kind of kidding about which putter I use as long as I get the ball into the hole.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

Odyssey 2-ball mallet is magic....

WBL

What's In the Bag
Callaway FTiq Tour i-mix 9.5º with stiff Mitsubishi Rayon Javlnfx 6
Cobra F-Speed LD 3-wood 15.5º with 43" YS Tour AD regCobra Baffler DWS 20º & 23º with Aldila VS Proto HL regPing S59 3-PW with Nippon PRO 950GH stiffTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 56º wedgeInazone B...

I bought a Ping Anser 2 BeCu on ebay 2 years ago and would never use another putter. It is a good roller on fast or slow greens. I think I would like to be buried with it so I can use it on the hallowed greens in the sky.

R580XD 10.5*
Orlimar Trimetal 13* 3 wood Adila NV
Fli Hi 18* Dynalite S300
MP-30 3-PW S300
MP Raw 53* Vokey Oilcan 256-06 Anser 2 BeCu One Black

The majority of rounds I play are with my SC studio design 3.5. But I like to switch between my SC 3.5, SC Newport Beach, and an Odyssey 2 ball white steel blade. All of my putters have SC Baby T grips and are 33 inches in length with standard lofts and lies not sure of the exact weights though. You can't beat the feel of a SC putter. My Odyssey also has great feel just not quite the same level as the SC's but helps me the most when I'm having alignment issues

907D2 9.5 Proforce V2 75 S
906F2 15* Proforce V2 95 S
MD 19* Proforce V2 100 S
735 CM 3-PW DG s400 Vokey 200 53.11*/SM 58.08* DG s300 Scotty C. Studio Design 3.5Balls -

I currently use Odyssey White Steel 2-ball CS 34". Though I had dilemma between White Steel and White Hot XG. Too bad White Hot XG doesn't have 2-ball CS, so White Steel won.

One thing I really love about XG is the face insert. It's so soft as if you're hitting with your pillow.

What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

I bought a (ugh!) ugly long Ping putter this last week. (OK, its the same model Nick O'Hern used to kick Tigers butt in Arizona with) Only reason for this was the dreaded yips afflicted me last year and so I tried the long putter for the last 3 months of '06 and those damn ****** were no longer present. Now the big question is: to suspend it from the chin with the toe down and putt with a vertical shaft, or to cut the shaft a little and fix it to the sternum with the lie lying correctly on the ground.......anyone got a good idea about this? I went to the puttlab system two weeks ago and out of the 5 members from our club team who underwent the test, my chin-suspended putter had the least flaws.....but I feel I am maybe not hitting the sweet spot by having the toe of the putter down during the swing.....thanks if anyone has an idea about this....maybe (cos I am a n00b here) I will post this in another forum as well.....I dont seem to be able to activate my membership here properly.....oh wellll.......

Michael Stiebel

In ze bag:

Titleist 983 KTitleist 3WPing 5WCobra 23deg hybridPing Irons 5-PW Eidolon 52,56 & 60deg wedgesPing G2 long putter(wishing for: Titleist 755 irons!!)Left-hander!!!!!

I have the Yes! Sophia 34" blade. Had a White Steel 2-ball, tried the Sophia @ a golf shop, and bought it. I wasn't even looking for a new putter. I had the 2-ball in the trunk last year, just in case, never took it out, so i gave it to my son. Nice weight, great feel.

The Bag...
TaylorMade RBZ HL Matrix Ozik Flex M
TaylorMade RBZ 3 HL 
Cobra Baffler DWS 2/R 18° Aldila NV-HL65 S
Cleveland Halo 3i 22°

Ping G2 steel 5HL,6,7,8,9 & PW 

Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl 54,56 & 60° or Nike SV Tour 50°

Yes! Sophia blade

I've got the 35" YES! Callie putter with the C-Groove technology. It feels pretty sweet!
ogio.gif Vision SS Bag:
cleveland.gif Launcher DST 10.5*  taylormade.gif R9 16.5* 4W
taylormade.gif Rescue Dual 19*  taylormade.gif Burner 2.0 4-PW
vokey.gif 250.08, Spin Milled 54.10, and 58.08
yesgolf.gif Callie  bridgestone.gif B330

I stumbled on the Ping Ug-le. I was sure I was going for some other putter, but I kept hitting it and comparing it to several others. I found at the end of about an hour of putting... the Ugle kept sinking the puts.

A bonus for me is lining up. I've always been very natural at judging weight, but lining up was an issue sometimes. The Ug-le is probably one of the easiest I've ever lined up.

Colin

WITB:
Driver: SUMO 10.5* w/Stock Shaft R
Wood: X-3 15*Hybrids: Slingshot 3 @20* Graphite RIrons: Slingshot OSS 4-AW Graphite RWedge: CG11 52* and 56* Putter: G5i UG-LEBall: One Black -or- Juice. Still experimenting.

Cameron.. I also use my TM Rossa when Im having direction problems..

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5° TP Stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made V-Steel #3 w/Fujikura Rombax Stiff
Irons: Taylor Made rac LT 4-PW shaft; Rifle Flighted 6.0
Wedges: Tayor Made rac 52° 56° 60°Utility: Taylor Made Rescue TP #3 (Aldila NV Hybid 85g Stiff)Putter: Scotty...

Just bought the Odessey XG9 and it is knocking the Red X to the Basement.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Note: This thread is 4075 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!