IGNORED

painted my driver...

Note: This thread is 4455 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by se7en

you should patent it before cleveland steals your idea and give it to boo weekley

Haha I stole the idea from the guys that paint their airsoft and paintball guns digital.  I should try to get them to do Boo's woods in digital though.  That would be sweet!

• 5 months later...

I just painted my Nike SQ sumo white, I'll post pics when it's done drying and cleaned up. I used matte white lacquer and a matte clear coat for protection. I got the driver for free so thought i'd mess around with it to see how i could make it look..yours looks good man, lots of time put into it.

Originally Posted by clappier

I just painted my Nike SQ sumo white, I'll post pics when it's done drying and cleaned up. I used matte white lacquer and a matte clear coat for protection. I got the driver for free so thought i'd mess around with it to see how i could make it look..yours looks good man, lots of time put into it.

Just when you thought the Nike SQ Sumo couldn't get any more square.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I like the original. But if it got scratched up in a car with something on it, you might want to rethink the final coat. You could probably use what ever paint you wanted for the color (an acrylic in a spray can), but I'd have to go for a 2 part enamel to finish it using an air brush. I have done a lot of car painting over the years and 2k enamel although tricky to use is by far the most durable finish (obviously). Just put it under a heat lamp or in the sun (dust free area is vital) and let it harden for a few days. You could probably get some from a crash repair place. You wouldn't need much, but the results would be longer lasting.

Note: This thread is 4455 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!