IGNORED

REAL OR FAKE CALLAWAYS RAZR X

Note: This thread is 4620 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

on a found a guy kijiji who is offering a set of Callaway Razr X irons. He told me he bought the at GolfGalaxy in Beverton OR.  He gave my the 8 iron to checked out.  They came in individually wrapped plastic bags with a sku # and a bar code. If I called GolfGalaxy does anyone know if they could verify them.  I have read alot lately on counter fit clubs, but looking for some more things to look for to detect if there real of fake.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Originally Posted by welling10

on a found a guy kijiji who is offering a set of Callaway Razr X irons. He told me he bought the at GolfGalaxy in Beverton OR.  He gave my the 8 iron to checked out.  They came in individually wrapped plastic bags with a sku # and a bar code. If I called GolfGalaxy does anyone know if they could verify them.  I have read alot lately on counter fit clubs, but looking for some more things to look for to detect if there real of fake.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Get the serial number from them ( usually on the 6 iron ) and get in contact with callaway to verify them

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Price is not a great determination when dealing with used. He could price them at what the real ones should be priced at used and someone may never know the difference.

Originally Posted by glock35ipsc

How much is he asking for them?  That will be a big clue. The serial numbers can be faked off of a real set, so even that isn't a sure thing.

True, I'm just saying serial numbers isn't the be-all end-all of finding fakes either.  Serial numbers can be duplicated, prices can be right there with new/used or rediculously cheap, incorrect ferrules, improperly aligned shafts, slightly larger or smaller fonts on the heads, paint fill colors slightly off, lighter overall weight, SW way off, etc......

To the OP - does he have the receipt or other proof of purchase from Golf Galaxy from when he bought them?

• Upvote 1

He has nothing.  Told me he left the reciept on the plane.  Nothing from the original purchase.  I got into contact wirh callaway today and they cant find the serial number in their database. They said it doesn't mean there fake.  May have been built at in a fitting van or at a demo day.  Also took them into Golftown today and had the guys in there hit em and inspect them.  There opinion is there real or the best knockoffs they have ever seen.  The golftown employee said he wouldn't buy unless I could get the serial number to check out.

Thing Im gonna stay away.  I would be crushed if I got them and found out later they were fake.

Unless he paid cash he should have a credit card receipt or Golf Galaxy should be able to look it up.  I don't know how they are in OR, but in NY Dicks Sporting, Golf Galaxy and Golfsmith have frequent buyer programs where every purchase is recorded and tracked for rewards, promotions, etc.  If he can't provide any form of proof and Callaway can't validate the serial number I'd stay away.

Originally Posted by welling10

He has nothing.  Told me he left the reciept on the plane.  Nothing from the original purchase.  I got into contact wirh callaway today and they cant find the serial number in their database. They said it doesn't mean there fake.  May have been built at in a fitting van or at a demo day.  Also took them into Golftown today and had the guys in there hit em and inspect them.  There opinion is there real or the best knockoffs they have ever seen.  The golftown employee said he wouldn't buy unless I could get the serial number to check out.

Thing Im gonna stay away.  I would be crushed if I got them and found out later they were fake.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So, he bought a set of Razr's, took them for a plane ride, got out his sales receipt to look at it on the plane and then "forgot" it, didn't take the clubs out of there packaging and he wants to sell the clubs to you?

With that little amount of information I'm just a little bit suspicious.

That's hilarious! I just walked away from that same guy about 1/2 an hour ago, at the Sheraton Cavalier. Very suspicious character. When I said I was calling Callaway, he just left me with the 8 iron in my hand. He called back 10min later, and I told him to come and take it back. How many sketched out kids buy their Dad's a $700 set of irons on a whim? This kid couldn't even afford clothes, and looked like a crackhead.

I'm just kidding - seems like a good guy in a bad circumstance. Having the complicated story doesn't help his cause. They felt good to me, just didn't want to get stuck with fakes like previous poster mentioned.

• 1 month later...

Vinny

Thats too funny.  Did you find them on Kijiji for sale.  He was very shady looking probably into the drugs.  Im guessing you didnt buy them?  Also from Calgary?

Sounds more stolen then fake to me... either way, its a no go.

nickent.gif4DX Evolver Driver, ping.gif Rapture 3 Wood, taylormade.gif Burner 08 5 Wood, nickent.gif 3DX RC 3-4 & 5DX 5 Hybrid,
nickent.gif 6-PW 3DX Hybrid Irons, cleveland.gif High Bore 09 GW-SW, touredge.gif 60* Wedge, maxfli.gif Revolution Blade Insert Putter

Yes I'm Aware That's 16 Clubs!

Note: This thread is 4620 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!