IGNORED

What make of grips do you use?

Note: This thread is 5350 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What kind of grips do you use?

• Lamkin
    • Winn
    • Golf Pride
    • Others

I just recently changed my woods & a hybrid to Golf Pride New Decade MultiCompounds. They are a cord/rubber hybrid. Very, very nice. I also re-gripped my Yes Sophia putter to the new Winn Excel AVS oversize paddle. I didn't like the yellow/black grip that came with the putter (grip was good) so that's why i went looking. The Winn is very nice as well. Same texture as the old one, but a square & flat front, and much larger. I definately like the large flat front better.

The Bag...
TaylorMade RBZ HL Matrix Ozik Flex M
TaylorMade RBZ 3 HL 
Cobra Baffler DWS 2/R 18° Aldila NV-HL65 S
Cleveland Halo 3i 22°

Ping G2 steel 5HL,6,7,8,9 & PW 

Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl 54,56 & 60° or Nike SV Tour 50°

Yes! Sophia blade

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never heard of these, or ever seen them in any golf shop before? Where do u see anything about golf grips on their site?

The Bag...
TaylorMade RBZ HL Matrix Ozik Flex M
TaylorMade RBZ 3 HL 
Cobra Baffler DWS 2/R 18° Aldila NV-HL65 S
Cleveland Halo 3i 22°

Ping G2 steel 5HL,6,7,8,9 & PW 

Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl 54,56 & 60° or Nike SV Tour 50°

Yes! Sophia blade

I just recently changed my woods & a hybrid to Golf Pride New Decade MultiCompounds. They are a cord/rubber hybrid. Very, very nice.

I regripped mine with the same thing (blue) over the winter. Played with them a few times and countless buckets at the range and so far I'm thrilled with them. Went to Florida and played over Christmas so I've experienced them in warm weather, played in pouring rain the first time I put them on, so I've had several different elements to test them in. Love them. As a matter of fact, when we were in Florida my buddy played out of my bag (he owns a condo in Naples and keeps his old set down there) and he liked them so much, he went and regripped his main set with them. Except he got the orange one's; he said he picked out the ugliest one's he saw.

But he was absolutely thrilled and immediately called me when he saw Charles Howell III playing with them on tv! Hey, whatever floats his boat...he's about a 3 handicap so I guess whatever makes him happy (my buddy, not Chucky Triple Sticks)

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

I have never heard of these, or ever seen them in any golf shop before? Where do u see anything about golf grips on their site?

I think he gave us the wrong URL. That looks like a spam site to me....

Here's some info about the grip making process at Star. http://www.iseekgolf.com/fitting_rep...s.php?fr_id=13 Not sure if they have a website?

I had my fairway woods and my hybrid club regripped this past December with the Golf Pride MultiCompound grips. My irons came with the Golf Pride Tour Velvet. While I'm fairly happy with those grips, I may experiment with the Winn 3DSi-BRD grips. My putter still has the grip that came with it, a Winn OEM Excell Wrap. I would like to change it out as it is getting a bit worn. Any suggestions?

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

• 5 months later...
I use Golf Pride grips, they are comfortable and they came with the clubs so I don't need to change them.
In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

Golf Pride all the way.

I do like the crossline grips, but my Multicompound Green ones look awesome

Ping Si3 8* Stiff
Titleist 906 F2 15* Steel Stiff
Titleist 906 F2 18* Steel Stiff
Taylormade RAC LT Rifle 6.0
Callaway X Tour 54, 60Yes! Tracy

Most of my sticks are new this year - so I have the default grips that came with my clubs - mostly Clevelands (Golf Pride?) and a TaylorMade (also GP???).

I had my old clubs regripped with Lamkin Torsion Controls at the beginning of the season, which I liked. But, I just got one of my wedges regripped with a Lamkin Crossline corded grip, and I really like that. I think that's going to be my new grip.

Edit - I have a Winn grip on my putter, and I don't know how much I really like it. I don't think I really like the soft, tacky feel of the Winn's.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

Golf Pride: Full velvet Tour cords
HiBore XL Tour 10.5* Fujikura Speeder 652 Tour Spec X-Flex
HiBore 15* FW Aldila 70-S "Proto By You"
Hibore 2i Aldila 80-S "Proto By you"
MP-67 3-pw *Project X 6.0
MP-R Black Nickel wedges 52*-7 56*-10 60*-5 *Project X 6.0 GM2 Exchange #6 Staff Bag

I like the mid size grips as I have large hands and some arthritis. I have been regripping with lamkin mid-size but now with the "new rage" of Hybrid Grips I bought some Knock off Tacki-Mack grips mde by Avon Grips from GOlf Smith. Real nice! I bought a cheap set of Titlelist 690.mb's from Ebay for my vacation home. All told I have $250 into the set. The Tacke-Mack's were only $2.69/grip.

The nike grips that came with my ignites.

In the bag:

Driver: F-Speed 12*
3 Wood: r7 draw
5 Wood: F-SpeedHybrid: a3 boxerIrons: Ignite 4-PWWedges: 53 Phil Rogers, vokey 56, 588 60Putter: Victoria or Puku belly

first i started of with the Lamkin Standard Grips (the whits ones), that I got the Golfpride V-55 and now I changed to the Golfpride New Decade Multi Compoung an I like these ones very much. You have exellent feel all the time, even if you're sweating or it's raining.

I general stick to the grips that come on the clubs for the first season or two, but I really dislike the "Sasquatch" grips that came on the original Sasquatch driver and 3-wood. I put the Golf Pride DD2 on the Driver, and my Vokey wedge, and love it. I liked my putter grip, but had my putter cut down about 8 inches and thus needed a new grip. I now have the Golf Pride Dual Durometer grip, and I like it a lot.

What's In My Slingshot OSS Bag.

Driver: Sasquatch 460
Fairway: Sasquatch 3-wood
Irons: Idea A2 OS 3-PWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Sand WedgePutter: Melbourne II

• 4 weeks later...
I have used Golf Pride Tour Wraps exclusively since 1993.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Golf Pride Tour Velvet Cord...

with the sign facing downward

Driver: Taylormade R7 Superquad TP 8.5 (Fujikura Motore F1 75 X-Stiff)
3-Wood: Cleveland Tour Head 13 (Matrix Ozik Code-8 X-Stiff)
Irons: Titleist 690 MB 3 and 4 iron (Dynamic X-100) 5 - PW (Dynamic Tour X7)
Wedges: Titleist Spin Milled 55 and 59 Degree
Putter: Titleist Studio Stainless 1st Gen.

Note: This thread is 5350 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!