IGNORED

Gigagolf Golf Clubs

Note: This thread is 942 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Gotta chime in here. I'm on a limited budget but have an insatiable appetite for golf. Bad combination. Anyway, I found Gigagolf two years ago and I ordered my irons from them. I loved them so much I went for a hybrid, driver, and 3-wood. I've easily put over 10,000 swings on each club and I just played them again today. There are imperfections with them, and the face on the driver and hybrid are shot, but I have nothing but praise for these guys who carried me through 2 years of golf on around $500.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 months later...

I considered buying Gigagolf. I know it sounds terrible but I can't stand their name. Sound so........lame. I give them creidt, their reviews are spectacular but I couldn't pull myself to buy a set from them. I chose Pinemeadow instead...

:oakley: Oakley Fairway Golf Carry Bag 

:gigagolf: GXz Driver 10.5

:gigagolf: GXz 3 Wood 15

:gigagolf: GXz 3 Hybrid 20

Pinemeadow Command Q Irons 

:gigagolf: SGS Wedges 52, 56, 60

:odyssey:White Ice # 9 Putter

• 2 weeks later...

I am 65 years old and play pursuit irons from Giga golf--they out perform my titleist 735cm's and yes I've shot sub-par rounds with them. Most golfers will never break 80 regardless of the club they are swinging--get real and enjoy the game.

• 1 month later...

Tour Pros use expensive name brands for 2 reasons:  1. They have endorsement deals 2.) They want to get endorsement deals.  Why would any pro use clubs that will make them no money.   The big name companies pay exuberant amounts of money to trick people into thinking that their golf clubs constantly need to be replaced by next years model that add 15 yds (If that were true every year like they say, we would be hitting the ball 500 yards off the tee).  If they did not do this their business would not be so lucrative, because people wouldnt buy new clubs every year or two, but every decade, and they could not foot their bill for ads.   Mecanically (I know an awful lot about mechanics), to make the golf ball fly you are developing potential energy then releasing that potential energy in a controlled way to violently strike a polyurethane sphere with a dense piece of metal, thats it.  You really think that there is some special pixie dust that Ping sprinkles in their clubs to make them better?  The only possible downfall is if GG uses a cheaply made metal alloy, but then they would be falsely advertising and how would their business last so long?  I also know that a club custom fit to your swing is the best thing you can have for your golf game. If the Golden Bear can become the greatest golfer of all time with the sort of primitive technology that Ping would scoff at, then I think the "technology" is less important then you think.  I bought a single used club to my specs for under $15, I will let you know how it compares side by side with its name brand competitor, hopefully it will save you some money too.

Tour Pros use expensive name brands for 2 reasons:  1. They have endorsement deals 2.) They want to get endorsement deals.  Why would any pro use clubs that will make them no money.   The big name companies pay exuberant amounts of money to trick people into thinking that their golf clubs constantly need to be replaced by next years model that add 15 yds (If that were true every year like they say, we would be hitting the ball 500 yards off the tee).  If they did not do this their business would not be so lucrative, because people wouldnt buy new clubs every year or two, but every decade, and they could not foot their bill for ads.   Mecanically (I know an awful lot about mechanics), to make the golf ball fly you are developing potential energy then releasing that potential energy in a controlled way to violently strike a polyurethane sphere with a dense piece of metal, thats it.  You really think that there is some special pixie dust that Ping sprinkles in their clubs to make them better?  The only possible downfall is if GG uses a cheaply made metal alloy, but then they would be falsely advertising and how would their business last so long?  I also know that a club custom fit to your swing is the best thing you can have for your golf game. If the Golden Bear can become the greatest golfer of all time with the sort of primitive technology that Ping would scoff at, then I think the "technology" is less important then you think.  I bought a single used club to my specs for under $15, I will let you know how it compares side by side with its name brand competitor, hopefully it will save you some money too.

1) True

2) semi-true

3) they play them because it can be psychological. I am sure a lot of pros get some calm knowing they are getting the best treatment from companies that have the CAPITAL to spoil them.

4) Not every club fits the player, so finding a brand or a model that fits really does make a difference. If you think grabbing some random club is going to work you are wrong. Weighting, CG, shaft, grip, all of that can equal to a more confident golfer and consistent ball striking.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

While I can't speak from experience because I've never owned a set of irons or wedges from a major manufacturer (I've only played Gigagolf), I think the majority of people who play golf, unless they have gobs of money to spend on a top-notch club fitter, would do just as well to spend $300 on irons and $700 on serious lessons rather than spend $1000 on the latest set of Studpuppy 2.4 X-Hot irons on the market. If you are a sub-5 handicap needing every edge you can get, or if you have $5000 to spend on a full-day, outdoor club fitting with top-of-the-line equipment to track your ball flight, spin rate, smash factor, etc. I can see spending a lot of time researching clubs. For the most part, though, I just get the feeling that watching these guys in Golfsmith or PGA Superstore whacking balls in the cage with some salesman telling them why club X, Y, Z fits their game is a waste of time.

• 3 weeks later...
I started pkaying about 10 years ago with a $25 set of graphite shaft irons and some ither cheap clubs to mame up a set. After playing for a year and becoming hooked on the game despite shooting 120s I decided to buy a nice set. Having the long ohio winter to research, I figured my game wpasnt good enough to spend a huge amount of money on. I checked reviews and saw veey negative reviews of akl the top of the line so to speak clone companies with the exception of Gigagolf and Hireko. Gigagolf won me over with their efit system. Ordered an entire set driver irons wedges and putter over the course of the wintee for a total of under $500. Absolutely loved them I did howevr have my drver head on the GX2 begi to sound as if it were cracked during my second season of use Having bought it during the winter, and living in ohio, I contacted Giga and explained what happened and how I felt that due to where I live id got in far less golf than one would expect to star havig clubs fall a part. They replaced it free of charge even though I was well beyond the return policy. Been a faithful customer ever since and have trued the occasional club for comparison sake. Git a calloway FTI mix on a ludicrous black friday sake and it couldn't replace my Giga driver until it was worn out. Eventually wet to the Trx driver I broke itafter 3yrs and and finished last year with a bkack friday deal Taylormade burner. Buying the Giga pursuit for this year. Shooting mid 80s now and looking forward to breaking 80 with my giga clubs

• 2 weeks later...

Long story short Giga Golf makes nice semi-custom clubs at a great price. No doubt the name is lame and it's almost embarrassing to tell people the name of the brand club in your bag. But in reality nobody really cares whats in my bag and nobody really ever asks or looks that close and I've only told one person, my playing partner, who doesn't care. People are too into their own stuff to care about mine or yours.

One person one time who I got paired up with in a tournament thought I had Ping Raptures and never looked close enough to know. He wasn't interested in my clubs, he just spotted my clubs and then had to tell me why he bought custom fit $1200 Titleist AP2 irons in the Pro Shop instead of Ping Raptures and what a great decision that was. Then I proceeded to kick his a$$ with my $250 Gigagolf C9 TI's.

I'm one to spend the extra money usually after I learn the lesson the hard way of buying something on the cheap. But after deciding to upgrade from my Taylormade RAC irons a few years ago I looked at Ping Raptures and the price,  which is what led me to finding Giga Golf C9 TI which are clearly a knock-off of the Ping Rapture irons.

I have played the Gigagolf C9 TI irons now for 3 full seasons with great results. I hit them as pure as I have ever hit any iron including the Taylormades. Unless you look close you have no idea they are a knock off, and a high quality knock off. I would much rather buy a Gigagolf product with my choice of grips, shaft length and shafts than a cheap set off the shelf at walmart for the same price or an overpriced used set with worn out grips.

Like Gigagolf claims, they make thier clubs with club heads made out of the same factories as higher priced clubs. You get much more than you pay for with Gigagolf when comparing to the price of other clubs.

It isn't always the arrows- most times it's the Indian. You can buy the same bat as a major leaguer if you pay for it. But you aren't going to be popping them out over the short porch in right field just because you spent the $200. A "good" golfer can play with just about any price set and play his game (for the most part- a bit of range work and he'll dial in pretty quick). A bad golfer can't expect to pay $900 for a set of irons and play like a pro. That's the marketing talking. I played original Hogan Edges, then GS Edges after the originals were stolen. Then THOSE were stolen. I couldn't afford to replace to that caliber, so I went with GG for my irons and RBG for Drivers- R7 at first, then a Callaway Diablo Octane, and currently, an R11s that was on sale from Golf Galaxy). Perfectly happy with them. Play once a week, 18 holes, or 9 if I can. While I'm not the 4 I was as a younger man and now probably play to a 12, I can still put a round together if the stars align and I can find a fairway 12-14 times. I don't care what you're bagging anyway- 95% of the time I will beat whoever I get paired up with when I'm alone, and 100% of the time if I'm paying with my friends. I'm out to have some fun, get some fresh air and exercise (when I walk) and beat the snot out of my buddies to get my free beer at the clubhouse.

• 2 months later...
I considered buying Gigagolf. I know it sounds terrible but I can't stand their name. Sound so........lame. I give them creidt, their reviews are spectacular but I couldn't pull myself to buy a set from them. I chose Pinemeadow instead...

Lol, you prefer Pine Meadow? Sounds like an assisted living facility.

Agree, Giga Golf is cheeky and, I'll bet, meant to be. It's for guys who don't care about brand, just performance.  I have their pursuit irons and a pursuit 3 wood. When someone asks me about my clubs (rarely) I say "custom" and that is the end of the conversation.  I found out about Giga from a buddy that loves to talk about their stuff.  He kicks the crap out of 95% our club members with a big blue bag that says Giga on it, and a bag full of their clubs. It's a good small brand that works on the course.  If you need a big brand to compensate for something there are plenty around to choose from.

Sou[quote name="LowRound" url="/t/51627/gigagolf-is-cheap/60#post_993646"] Lol, you prefer Pine Meadow? Sounds like an assisted living facility. Agree, Giga Golf is cheeky and, I'll bet, meant to be. It's for guys who don't care about brand, just performance.  I have their pursuit irons and a pursuit 3 wood. When someone asks me about my clubs (rarely) I say "custom" and that is the end of the conversation.  I found out about Giga from a buddy that loves to talk about their stuff.  He kicks the crap out of 95% our club members with a big blue bag that says Giga on it, and a bag full of their clubs. It's a good small brand that works on the course.  If you need a big brand to compensate for something there are plenty around to choose from. [/quote] Pinemeadow sounded more "golfish" to me. In a meadow with pine trees... kinda seems like a more appropriate name for a golf company lol. I must say I was looking at the TRX ion control irons and the white TRX bag and was thinking they'd probablly look pretty sweet regardless of the name. I almost wish I bought those instead.

:oakley: Oakley Fairway Golf Carry Bag 

:gigagolf: GXz Driver 10.5

:gigagolf: GXz 3 Wood 15

:gigagolf: GXz 3 Hybrid 20

Pinemeadow Command Q Irons 

:gigagolf: SGS Wedges 52, 56, 60

:odyssey:White Ice # 9 Putter

Saw this post and I really feel I should comment...I fell in love with golf about 18 months when some co-worker friends introduced me to the game. Because I wasn't  very good (at all) at first, I didn't want to spend a lot of money on new clubs or but I knew I didn't want to keep renting raggedy ones, either. I did a lot of research and found GigaGolf and ending up buying a whole custom set for under $300 including the putter: They tossed in a nice bag for free. Even though I made good progress, when my friends that inroduced me to the game saw my set, they ridiculed my "clone" clubs to no end--Embarrassed, I finally broke down and spent about $400 on a whole set of used  Callaway Clubs: . For about 10 months, my play was erratic to say the least. I got so frustrated I considered giving up the game. About six months ago, I resolved to go back to the GigaGolfs no matter what  my friends said, and believe it or not, my play has gotten way better . I am now consistently in the mid 90's and a couple weeks ago, I shot an honest 90 on a fairly tough 6800 yard course. I will not say that Gigagolf makes the greatest clubs, but I believe that custom fit clubs really do benefit a lot of people over generic off-the shelf sizes.

I play the c510 irons from GG. I am typically 83-86. Broke 80 for the first time a couple weeks ago with my GG irons. I had the trx driver and 3w. The first driver I had to send back because the center weight port fell in. I was hitting 300-325 at the range when that happened. The replacement I got back looked the same. Unfortunately, I was hitting maybe 280. So, I switched to the R1 tour. Back to 300-325. I switched my 3w to the RBZ S2 tour. This club just feels better to me. Maybe a +10yd difference. My previous driver to the trx was the Ti17 ion from GG. I ordered that with an x-stiff shaft based on their efitter. I paid for shipping to them and they changed the shaft to a stiff for free. I would and have recommended them multiple times

Driver - TRX Ti Pearl 9.5° Grafalloy ProLaunch Red S-Flex
3W - TRX Pearl
5W - Ping Rapture Clone
3-PW - c510 Forged Cavity True Temper Feather Flight S - Flex
Putter - Callaway Tuttle

My brother bought a Gigagolf Verve 17 driver from them. I've played around with it, and I despise the club. It looks nice, but the thing feels like it wants to snap out of my hands if I hit it the slightest bit off the toe. I can't speak to the quality of the club it was cloning, but on its own, this driver is a heap of junk. I wish he'd talked to me before buying; he paid about $100 for it two years ago. I'd have told him to get a year old model or something really good used for the same price. Maybe their other clubs are fine, but based on this item, I would never want anything from them.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if Taylormade or Callaway will replace your $400 driver when it breaks after 2 years.

I've played Gigagolf irons since 2010 with great results. I played Taylormade irons prior and play the Gigagolf C9Ti irons better than I ever played the taylormade. I've never had one fail. I liked them so much I recently purchased a second set (2014) to have at my work location in a different city.

They may be considered clones but after I spent less than $300 on a full set and examined them closely I could see the quality. I then went to the Ping dealer to look at the raptures that the C9Ti's are similar to and discovered several flaws on the Pings, gaps in the titanium face insert stood out the most where absolutely no such flaw was found in either set.

Also for everybody ragging on Gigagolf tell me where else you can go purchase a custom set of clubs with your choice of shafts, grips, custom lie and custom length for $130 to $300 for a full set then play them for 30 days with no risk return guarantee? You can't. Try taking a set back anywhere else on earth after you played for 30 days and see how happy they are and how fast they gladly give your money back.

I just recently purchased the Gigagolf C9 hybrid, brand new for $48 to go along with my Taylormade hybrid, and guess what, I strike it as pure and as nice I I ever struck a ball with my Taylormade.

people are brainwashed that if they buy $400 OEM drivers and $1200 set of OEM irons that the Pros play with it will somehow make thier game better. The reason OEM's cost that much is to pay for the multi million dollar advertising budgets and the multi million dollars of endorsements.

As Gigagolf states on their website all the big OEM's follow the Pros around to every tournament with custom club makers and thier club making super-vans customizing the clubs to exact specifications for each pro.

The poor sap willing to dish out his $2000 for an OEM set from his pro gets what he gets, he's not going to get a new shaft after every other bucket of balls on the range or the lie tweaked when he's fading the ball like the Pro can have at will. The amateur sap buys a friend at the pro shop for a few days, that's about it.

Gigagolf relies on word of mouth, internet searches, low cost quality custom clubs and great customer service to sell clubs, they don't advertise during the Super-Bowl or the Masters to get you to buy the clubs.

I've played Gigagolf clubs since 2010 and love them. I can strike the ball pure, straight, long and high. When I hook, slice, duff or thin a shot it's not the Gigagolf club, I did that just as well with my previous set of Taylormade RAC's.

I'm currently a 14 handicap and love the C9Ti irons i play. Just the other day I was looking at all the new clubs down at Golfsmith and what I see is nothing more than tons of gimmicks to try and sell the latest and greatest. After looking at the new OEM's I didn't see one that I thought looked better or was better built than my Gigagolf C9Ti's.

No thanks, I don't need a new OEM to help my game, I hit fantastic shots with the Gigagolf irons and have no reason to change.

I'm not sure if this is the case or not, but in tennis the pros play whatever equipment they want which is then painted to look like a particular racket.  For example Sampras allegedly used the Wilson Pro Staff (a really hot item during his career because Sampras "used it") but it was actually a prince model painted like a pro staff with custom weights.  I wouldn't be surprised to learn there are alot of pros playing gear that is other gear with "titlest" painted on it.  Might not be the same though.  In tennis you use whatever you want and they paint it to match your endorsement deal, generally.

Quote:
people are brainwashed that if they buy $400 OEM drivers and $1200 set of OEM irons that the Pros play with it will somehow make thier game better. The reason OEM's cost that much is to pay for the multi million dollar advertising budgets and the multi million dollars of endorsements.

Its just as silly to not play "OEM" stuff because they sponsor tour pros as it is to play it because they sponsor tour pros.

Quote:
No thanks, I don't need a new OEM to help my game, I hit fantastic shots with the Gigagolf irons and have no reason to change.

It might work for you now, but "Play Gigagolf and not OEM" is just bad advice generally.  Hit a bunch of them and pick the one you like (unless you can get fitted).  And if your telling me you're better off buying Gigagolf stuff over the internet with a fitting wizard than doing a Ping or Titlest fitting with a good fitter then, sorry, your dead wrong.

If Gigagolf made a deal with every tour player around the world to pay more than their existing contracts by 10% and plastered the golf channel and espn with high dollar commercials then all of a sudden they'd be a great club to all those ragging on them now. The new Taylormade and Callaway iron commercials are an example of using high tech graphics to try and make a club look like it is something it's not. Who cares if you can hit irons longer? I just change club choice when I need to hit a longer shot, that's why I have 14 clubs in my bag.

My golf partner plays with ping S55 irons and I hit my gigagolf C9 Ti clubs every bit as good as he hits his Pings all day long. If you diidn't know what I was playing with you wouldn't have a clue they were not a high dollar set of Taylormade, Pings or Callaway.

Hand a set of Gigagolf clubs to Tiger or Phil and their game wouldn't change one bit, and if someone didn't tell you they were playing with a different club you would never know. All your paying for in the high dollar name brands are Tiger and Phils paycheck and the high dollar advertising budgets to try and push the latest and greatest same ole irons, and the "run with crowd" mentality.

Note: This thread is 942 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!