IGNORED

How's the heat wave treating you?

nevets88
Note: This thread is 4655 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone refraining from playing or teaching or trudging onwards?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I love the heat. Played 18 holes carrying my bag last Sunday in 90 degree weather.Then after taking a break to watch the conclusion of the British Open, I did yard work for 4 hours.

Originally Posted by nevets88

Anyone refraining from playing or teaching or trudging onwards?

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

I don't particularly love the heat...but I've been playing and walking. My biggest issues are a hat dripping sweat and keeping my hands dry...other than that...game on.

There's a heatwave now?

- Alberta golfer

• Upvote 1

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

There's a heatwave now?

- Alberta golfer

LOL

Not as bad as last years 'Summer'

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I love it especially when its 110 heat index.  I get really sweaty and my hands get wet but there is NOONE playing but me.  Love it hahah

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

47C (~116F) with the humidity here today.  I brought my clubs to work hoping I can hit the range on the way home, but I'm not too hopeful!

Brad

Yeah going out in 43*C heat isn't too much fun. I usually lounge around in air con all day.....

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Heats not bad, its the fricken humidity thats killer. 95 with a dew point in the low 70's, thats just unfair. 100+ heat index. I went through 3 bottles of water in 9 holes, and i still needed about 4 more cups of water to get to normal hydration..

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

it's nearly intolerable here.  actual temp is supposed to get up to 102 today, heat index is about 110.  the humidity is the real killer, the air is so thick you could cut it with a knife.  all i have to do is look outside and i break a sweat.

I won't say I love playing in this kind of heat, but it doesn't bother me either. I just wish I could actually get out and play. Time, money, and family stuff have prevented me from going out recently. Around here the fairways are hard and fast and anything will roll forever. Combine that with the higher temps and the ball will travel forever. Plus, fewer people play so the course is less crowded. It isn't too bad if you can stay moving. It's when you are sitting still when if feels really bad.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

i'm spending next week in Palm Desert... I love the cheap rates!!

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

Dry heat isn't so bad! I'm in the midwest, and it's just humid beyond belief.  That being said, I plan to head out tomorrow morning for a round before it gets too bad!

Originally Posted by shank-a-roo

Playing in Arizona, it feels like you live in a heat wave all year long! I don't mind playing in it at all! It's a dry heat

Originally Posted by sean_miller

There's a heatwave now?

- Alberta golfer

Im with you.  The only way i knew there was a heatwave was from the news.  66 and overcast in Portland right now.

SQ Dymo 10.5°

Idea Pro A12 3H 20°

710 AP2 5-GW SM4 56/11 60/07

White Hot Sabertooth

Pansies. We've had 19 straight days of 100+ in the DFW area. I've walked 18 holes at least 4 times and walked 9 a couple since then. Just go out a little earlier, drink plenty of water, and go on about your business. Having a damp towel to put on your head and neck helps. Check out a product they sell in alot of places called the Frog Togg Chilly Pad. It uses evaporative cooling to keep the towel (and eventually you) cool.

Your desire to change has to be greater than your desire to stay the same.

Note: This thread is 4655 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!