IGNORED

Mizuno Irons?

Note: This thread is 6174 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i ended last season around a 10 and the 60s suit me perfectly. i did swap out the 3 and 4 for the MX25's.

I have the MP67's and Titleist 695cb's. Since you play MP-60's, I'm sure you can hit the 67's. Its not like going from a huge game improvement iron that you can hit 3 inches behind the ball and still get it up in the air, and then going out and buying some blades. Don't underestimate your abilities. You CAN play blades, if you don't hit them well at first but you are dedicated to improving your swing, they will exploit your faults and you will adapt and improve. I think game improvement irons are for people who just want to go out and have a good time, don't really have any deep desire to improve, and don't make very good contact on a regular basis. There is nothing wrong with that at all. That being said, your playing an MP-60, thats a solid players iron, you can hit a blade. Don't let it intimidate you.

905R 9.5˚ - UST Proforce V2
904F 15˚ - YS-6
695cb 3-PW Dynamic Gold S300
Vokey SM54.14 and SM60.08
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Pro V1x / Pro V1Cyberbilt

I actually went to a Mizuno demo days here a few weekends ago, and had the opportunity to try out a few of their irons. I personally liked the MP-60's, as they have almost the same look and feel as my Hogan Apex Plus irons...but I also tried out the MP-33's and MP-67's. The 67's and the 33's had very little forgiveness, and any mis-hits were definately noticeable. The MP-60's feel like butter when you hit it or miss it a smidge left or right. I am actually considering buying a set of MP-60's based on my tests. Lastly, Mizuno provides free fitting if you buy a new set of irons, so if you know your specs, you can get a custom set at no extra charge.

I actually went to a Mizuno demo days here a few weekends ago, and had the opportunity to try out a few of their irons. I personally liked the MP-60's, as they have almost the same look and feel as my Hogan Apex Plus irons...but I also tried out the MP-33's and MP-67's. The 67's and the 33's had very little forgiveness, and any mis-hits were definately noticeable. The MP-60's feel like butter when you hit it or miss it a smidge left or right. I am actually considering buying a set of MP-60's based on my tests. Lastly, Mizuno provides free fitting if you buy a new set of irons, so if you know your specs, you can get a custom set at no extra charge.

Where do you get custom fit by mizuno? Or are you referrirng to a pro shop who carries the mizuno line?

Where do you get custom fit by mizuno? Or are you referrirng to a pro shop who carries the mizuno line?

The club here has a Mizuno rep who fits us and sends the specs in to Mizuno if anyone was to order a set.

I currently hit MP-32s but would also consider the newer MP-67. That being said, my 32s are much easier and sweeter than my old 33s!

What shafts do you guys have in your Mizuno irons? And what is your swingspeed?

I got my Mp60's in January, custon fit via a large golf retailer here in the U of K. There are loads of cost options on shafts (Rifle etc) while Dynamic Gold + Dynamic Gold Lite are non-cost items. You can also get the fancy red Golf Pride grips (Decade) or even the blue cord that Luke Donald uses, for no extra cost!!

I hit 78mph on a 6 iron on the launch monitor and was fitted with DG lite regualr shafts. I hit these far higher than my old Pings which takes a bit of getting used to but will give me a whole new game when the course drys out come summer.

I know for a fact that those MP60's are great. I had a set for a while and went to the MP32's. The 32's are a lit'l more difficult to hit for me ( 12-handi), but I have a set of Taylor Made R7 TP's that will hlep me get into the 32's.

You may be set on the Mizuno's and you can't go wrong, but you might want to try out those R7 TP's. They're really easy to hit for a players club and you can barely tell they're a cast set.

They WILL NOT be as soft as the Mizzy's, but they're pretty awsome.
In The Bag

Driver: FT3 -or- TMTB
Woods: Cobra F-Speed
Hybrids: Cally FT, 3 & 4Irons: T/M R7TP's, W/PX 5.5 Wedge: Cally X-Forged, 52 & 58Putter: S/C Studio II Ballz: T/M Black -or- Prov1X

• 5 weeks later...
A little update:

I have been struggling trying to decide what irons to buy...My situation is the same...I am shooting high 80's, but just joined a club with an amazing practice facility. So, I should really be able to improve my game going forward. I am hitting some older MP-33's, and I am getting better with them...my main issue is my DRIVING.

I am not wanting to buy a improvement iron (like the G5) and wish I had another set in a few months...

I think I can handle the MP-60's, seeing I am decent with the 33's right now...

Feedack on those thoughts?

Also, I will be ordering these irons through a freind who is a baseball rep with Mizuno, so I will need to give him all my measurables.

What shafts should I go with? I swing the 6 iron 90-95mph and the driver
105-115mph. I am hearing good things about the Rifle flighted or project x's. would I be a 6.0 or a 6.5?

Thanks for any insight...

A little update:

Two things. I think you should try the MP32's when you demo the 60's and make sure you test out those shafts. I tried them both, the flighted and the PX (non flighted) and I didn't like either one. I like the Dynamic Gold S-300. Very dampening shafts.

In The Bag

Driver: FT3 -or- TMTB
Woods: Cobra F-Speed
Hybrids: Cally FT, 3 & 4Irons: T/M R7TP's, W/PX 5.5 Wedge: Cally X-Forged, 52 & 58Putter: S/C Studio II Ballz: T/M Black -or- Prov1X

Have you tried the MX-23's? You can still get them from Edwin Watts for $499. I'm not sure I'd venture into MP's yet unless you feel your swing is very consistent.

Driver: Ping Rapture V2 9° TFS Stiff | 3 wood: Exotics CB 15° Fujikura HL Stiff | Hybrids: Adams Idea Tech V3 16° Stiff, TM Burner Rescue 19° & 22° REAX Stiff | Irons: Titleist 735.CM DG S300 5-PW | Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 254.10, 258.08 | Putter: Rossa Imola 34"

If you are serious about getting better, then I would go with the blades (MP-67's) I have a set of MP-37's in my bag, and yeah, they aren't as forgiving as cavity backs, but it will make you focus more and in the long run will help your golf game. There was a comment that Nick Faldo made and that was that you should learn to play golf with a set of blades, and then when you are a good golfer, then change to cavity backs if you want.

There is nothing wrong with a 14 handicap getting a set of blades. One of the best feelings in golf is when you pure a blade. If you don't feel comfortable with the MP-67's then go with the MP-60's, but don't go for the MX series. Whatever decision you make, trust your instinct. Whichever one you feel the most condfident with when you set up to the ball is the clubs that you should choose.

You can go to

How accurate is putting in my own measurements and ordering clubs online versus having a local clubfitter do it? I went into a local brick and mortar and basically got the run around. First it was that I should get a more forgiving iron, then the attitude was the normal set was fine for me and I wouldn't get much benefit from being fit. It was frustrating, to say the least, and I'm contemplating just ordering from golfsmith and crossing my fingers.

I'm currently playing with a set of Adams Tight Lies irons that I bought 4 years ago. I've worked my game to where I shoot in the 80s and feel that I hit my irons fairly consistently. I'm thinking of upgrading my irons as I work towards breaking 80 and I am looking at the Mizuno MP-60s. According to the fitting wizard on Golfsmith.com, I should get 1 degree upright. It gives a whole bunch of shaft options and I'm not sure how one goes about narrowing down the choices there...

I would have a local professional fit you while you hit at an outdoor range so that you can see your ball flight. If he suggests 1 degree up, they should bend your clubs right there and you should see the difference to your ball flight real time. You should also have each iron fitted. Don't just have one iron fitted and use that result for the rest of your set.

Driver: Ping Rapture V2 9° TFS Stiff | 3 wood: Exotics CB 15° Fujikura HL Stiff | Hybrids: Adams Idea Tech V3 16° Stiff, TM Burner Rescue 19° & 22° REAX Stiff | Irons: Titleist 735.CM DG S300 5-PW | Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 254.10, 258.08 | Putter: Rossa Imola 34"

My MP-67s /w ProjectX 5.5 arrived yesterday.

I have hit them on the range yesterday and wow they feel good and I know when I slightly mishit one, unlike my TM LTs. I took a bit of a chance on going with the 5.5 instead of the 6.0s ( I had just the rifle 6.0s on my LTs) I thought the rifle 6.0s were a bit too hard feeling at times and I hear the ProjectX play a bit stiffer then advertised but I guess I will find out.

I bought mine new online from an ebay store as they were much cheaper then if I would have special ordered them from my local retailer (Golftown). I went and hit alot of clubs at the stores and at the range so when I decided on which ones I wasn't taking that big of a chance by ordering them on-line in terms on which to order.

I picked a less forgiving club so I could improve more, my ball striking isn't too bad but I wanted to get a bit more feedback from my mishits.

Does it cost more than say a full set of MP60s or MP67s? Do other companies do this? I have never heard of this before.

mizuno (and possibly others) price their clubs on a "per club basis", so you can mix and match any combination you desire, then order them and 10 days later, you will have a custom set made. I just did this about a month ago and bought a 5-6 in mx-25 and 7-P in the MP60, Nippon-Lite Stiff shaft ($8/each club upgrade) with standard grip, std length and lie. go to any pro-shop or golf store that sells mizuno (try the mizuno website for a dealer http://www.mizunousa.com/Dealers.nsf..._Fit?OpenForm) . the dealer should have the mizuno book, with all of the shaft options and grip options for you to see (and hopefully try out). the most important thing with whatever you buy is to get fit properly, hit as many clubs as you can, by different companies and choose the right one. I think I hit every club in the market over a 1 month time-frame and settled on the mizzies. couldn't be happier. good luck

Note: This thread is 6174 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!