IGNORED

Warrior Custom Golf

Note: This thread is 1718 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just received an e-mail. "You're invited to test new Warrior Custom Wedges absolutely free for the cost of shipping and handling." Nope.

Doesn't sound "free" to me...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Im obviously not an employee of warrior, but when i was in north farolina the course i use to play( reems creek) warrior was the clubs they had they. I dont know if its called sponsoring or whatever. They must be reputable to some point. Cant say much about their clubs but i dont see how they could be completely scam artist if clubs are selling their stuff strictly. Not saying anyone should buy their stuff or sign up for anything. Edit but i do remember there being advertisement for free balls and clubs on the gps and scorecard so what do i know.

They don't leave you alone. Places sell mailing lists. They buy mailing lists. And once you get on their list, even if you check "Unsubscribe" you keep receiving mail from them. It never stops. They get you on that you're "testing a new product" and you have to report back whether you like it or not. Then they try to get you to buy a full set from them regularly blah blah blah, and they'll make it seem like a deal.

But you can get name brand clubs for less... new.... in the stores. And they're better.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Im obviously not an employee of warrior, but when i was in north farolina the course i use to play( reems creek) warrior was the clubs they had they. I dont know if its called sponsoring or whatever. They must be reputable to some point. Cant say much about their clubs but i dont see how they could be completely scam artist if clubs are selling their stuff strictly. Not saying anyone should buy their stuff or sign up for anything. Edit but i do remember there being advertisement for free balls and clubs on the gps and scorecard so what do i know.

They must have forgotten to stop them from billing their credit card.

Man I sure hate to burst y'all's bubbles but I got the wedges and irons in this weekend and am very impressed... I read this thread for at least two hours after I made my order and y'all scared me to death... But who cares.. I like the clubs period

Man I sure hate to burst y'all's bubbles but I got the wedges and irons in this weekend and am very impressed... I read this thread for at least two hours after I made my order and y'all scared me to death... But who cares.. I like the clubs period

That's cool, I know warrior adds a solid nickel to your check every time you make one of these posts.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

That's cool, I know warrior adds a solid nickel to your check every time you make one of these posts.

Probably a "wooden" nickel....

Well I guess that puts me at 10 cents since this is my second post

So are you enjoying the site so far? Or were you only here for the warrior club post?

For the record tho.. I have had the 3 hybrid and a different 60 degree by them for about 4 years now, the 60 has been my go to club, I just replaced it with the 52,56,&60... I like me, I can hit the 3 hybrid pretty well but it barely goes any farther than my Taylor made raylor 22 degree 5 hybrid so therefore I don't think it's up to par with the competition. And as I said earlier I'm impressed with the irons. I'm gonna have to try out some by other companies to compare.. I'm 6'4" and these are the only irons I have hit that are fit to me. And yes I have been fit tested at Edwin watts golf in Jackson ms. So I knew what corrections they needed to make. Also for the record as I said earlier I am from ms and from what I've seen warrior is from Cali so I doubt I could even become a rep for them as if I even would want to. And yes they do try to talk you into playing there game.. I called them knowing I wanted the wedges and wanting to try the irons so I say they played my game. Yes they send tons of emails.. I called them after seeing an email I just got last week and I had not contacted them in 4 yrs. I can't remember if they ever used to call me back then but if so I must have told them to stop because they haven't called since I can remember. But to ur point I think the business model sucks, I wouldn't even give a thought to trying their driver due to the lack of pop on the hybrid. But so far with the wedges and irons I don't really know what else to ask out of the clubs.. If I see better results from some others down the road you better believe that I'll let you know about it. And on a side note, what is the your opinion on drivers that are out there right now. I have an r11 and I really can crush it when I'm on but I think all the adjustments that are built in distract me more than they actually help.. What you think?

I came to check out the warrior posts but since joining I believe I'll stick around, What's a good thread you would recommend to get me started?

Start here: http://thesandtrap.com/f/2/welcome-everyone and please contribute generously. Welcome to the forum.

I came to check out the warrior posts but since joining I believe I'll stick around, What's a good thread you would recommend to get me started?

Literally any other. Making a My Swing thread in the member swings sub-forum is a particularly great use of your time on this site. Welcome.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Did y'all see my big comment? And while we are still on the subject here, and the irons made crappy the where they will lose performance earlier than big brands? If this is the case then I'll definitely be sending them back at the end of the trial period, and also, what irons on the market give you the most bang for your buck? I am not very brand loyal, really just looking for good clubs without having to pay TOP dollar.. And also, is it a lot harder to hit blades? Or should I give them a shot? I'm lefty so I never get to really test my friends clubs on my own...

Did y'all see my big comment? And while we are still on the subject here, and the irons made crappy the where they will lose performance earlier than big brands? If this is the case then I'll definitely be sending them back at the end of the trial period, and also, what irons on the market give you the most bang for your buck? I am not very brand loyal, really just looking for good clubs without having to pay TOP dollar.. And also, is it a lot harder to hit blades? Or should I give them a shot? I'm lefty so I never get to really test my friends clubs on my own...

Buying new, you can get last year's flagship irons for well under $400 now. These are the Speedblades, X2 Hots, etc. Those are solid. You can also buy used for under $300. As a lefty, you might also be well served by just going to a bunch of golf stores and seeing what's in stock. I know I've seen random clubs and sets for lefties that are massively discounted because all the righty sets have sold and they just have lefty stock that they don't know what to do with. That's very much catch as catch can, but it's a big upside play if you're willing to put in the leg work.

Blades are, very generally, harder to play with than corresponding irons of a game improvement variety, but it's very much subject to how you strike the ball and what your issue / miss is. If you tend to hit out of the center of the face consistently, you won't have much of an issue. Similarly, if you don't have trouble launching irons, you won't have much of an issue. If your strike is more erratic, blades might not be the best way to go. In either case, you should try them extensively before buying blades. Lots of people buy on looks alone and, if you don't know blades are what you want, it's not a good bet to make for the money.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

• 1 year later...

I have not read this entire thread but so far it seems there is a consensus to stay away.  I did respond to an on-line offer of 2 dozen  "free"balls for $19.95 shipping handling which is ok to try out the balls as that is what I would be paying for something like Laddie Precepts. When I phoned the order in, the operator did try to get me to agree to test a set of woods with the proviso that I would be getting a free putter. I declined. Hopefully that will be the end of it and no credit card suprizes. Should a set of clubs arrive on my doorstep, I will refuse delivery. Keeping fingers crossed! 

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Note: This thread is 1718 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!