IGNORED

My new VRs :)

Note: This thread is 4643 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just wanted to throw up a pic of my new clubs since I have finally found irons, wedges, and a putter I love.

Thanks to a member here I got the Pro Combos a couple weeks ago and just finished doing the swoosh in all different colors. Yes there is some pink, it actually looks pretty good.

The wedges were on sale at globalgolf, as was the burner rescue in the top of the pic.

I would like to add a 3+ wood to tee off with (love the control), but then I will be done tinkering for once....well for now haha.

a01b624d_2011-07-25_16-41-52_200.jpg

Anyone else play the Pro Combos? How do you like them?

Anyone play a 3+ wood? Recommendations?

Those sure are pretty looking irons. I like how you did the paintfill. I play Bridgestone J36 combos and they are eerily similar to the VR combos.

As for a 3+ wood, the only one I've used is a Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 13* with a PX 6.5 shaft in it, and it is a little cannon...I prefer a bit more loft in my 3 wood, though.

Irons look awesome with the different paint fills in the swoosh. You should post some closer pics!!!

10.5* Adams Super Fast 10
17*, 21* Adams Black Super Hybrid
X-24 irons
Jaws 52*,56*,60* Wedges
White Ice #9 Putter

Top Flite Gamer v2

really nice looking. good job. I had to do a double take to make sure they weren't the Bridgestone irons.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I'll get some close ups later, but to be honest they look a little better from 5 feet haha.  I plan to redo a couple due to poor paint quality (old).  I actually used my girlfriends fingernail polishes, some of the metalic colors look really cool. You can buy them for a $1 a piece at wal-mart too.  I suggest you go with a  lady friend though or you may get a few looks haha.

Thanks for the compliments though, I love them.  They feel very nice and are the most consistent clubs I have hit.

Good looking clubs and they have good feel to back that up. I considered the the VR blades when I got new clubs, but went with the Cobra S3 Pro Forged blades.

I will be going to a 3+ wood very soon (as in this week). I can get an amazing deal on a new 13.5 909D2 right now, so I am jumping on it. I'm going to one for use off the tee box on short and/or narrow par 4's where a 260-270 yard ball would be ideal.

Titleist 905T 9.5* (Mitsubishi Rayon JAVLN FX V7)

Titleist 909F2 13.5* (Oban Devotion 7)

Titleist 906F4 15.5* (Aldila VS Proto 80-S)

Cobra S3 Pro Forged-M 3-PW (DG SL300's hard stepped)

Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54* & 60*

Scotty Cameron Circa 62

Titleist 9.5 S83 Staff Bag

FJ Icon, Sport, and DryJoy's

Originally Posted by JeffreyD

Good looking clubs and they have good feel to back that up. I considered the the VR blades when I got new clubs, but went with the Cobra S3 Pro Forged blades.

I will be going to a 3+ wood very soon (as in this week). I can get an amazing deal on a new 13.5 909D2 right now, so I am jumping on it. I'm going to one for use off the tee box on short and/or narrow par 4's where a 260-270 yard ball would be ideal.

Is that a private deal, or is there more than one of said 3+ woods available? If so I am thinking you need to pm me about it

I am, however, leaning toward an R11 or superfast 2.0 T3 wood.  My 3w is stupid easy to hit any way you want to, but both are a bit pricey.

Anyone have experience with the R9 woods?, this might be a better option for me.

Originally Posted by tws1098

Is that a private deal, or is there more than one of said 3+ woods available? If so I am thinking you need to pm me about it

I am, however, leaning toward an R11 or superfast 2.0 T3 wood.  My 3w is stupid easy to hit any way you want to, but both are a bit pricey.

Anyone have experience with the R9 woods?, this might be a better option for me.

It's actually the only one available at this location. There are a few 15.5's and 18.5's in the batch, but there is only one 13.5....and it's mine lol!

I really like the look of the Superfast 2.0 woods by the way. I hit one and really like the feel of it. I also like the 910 fairway woods, and I will probably end up with a 17 degree 910 hybrid. I just can't justify the cost of the 13.5 910F2 when I can get the deal I can on the 909F2 at the moment.

Scotty Cameron Circa 62

yeah i hear ya, buying the latest and greatest is cool but painful.  I wish they made a 13 or 13.5 in the original superfast.  Can many pro shops bend a wood?

I am not sure. Hopefully someone with more knowledge of club bending will chime in.

Scotty Cameron Circa 62

i removed the old paint with acetone and my pocket knife, it removes easy with something pointed. I did a set of the old vrs as well and they came out even better. The blades are easiest. Good luck.

i just bought these clubs, it was a choice between these and the 710 MB blades and i went with the vr pro combos, not regretting that decision one bit.

only problem is ive only played 9 holes and i keep hitting the wedge fat, i think its just a mental block right now..

Nice set!

Taylormade Burner Superfast 2.0 Driver Taylormade Burner Superfast 2.0 3 Wood Taylormade R11 Hybrid 19* Taylormade MC Forged Irons 4-PW Taylormade XFT 52, 56 60 Wedges Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Putter Taylormade Penta Balls

Thanks again guys, I will see about pics after I play this afternoon (they are quite dirty right now).

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by tws1098

Anyone else play the Pro Combos? How do you like them?

Anyone play a 3+ wood? Recommendations?

Nice looking set! My dad just picked up a set of these combos and he loves them. They feel a lot like the older Nike Blades I have.

As for the 3+. I have been hitting an old Nike SQ 3+ 13* for several years now and love it. It still surprises me sometimes at how HOT the face is on that club. I kept the original S Flex shaft in it and it suits my swing well. If you can find one, I'd highly recommend it!

Cheers!

Originally Posted by ggolokin

i just bought these clubs, it was a choice between these and the 710 MB blades and i went with the vr pro combos, not regretting that decision one bit.

only problem is ive only played 9 holes and i keep hitting the wedge fat, i think its just a mental block right now..

Just for the heck of it, double check your lengths. I had the same issue with my wedge back when I picked up my blades. I thought I was losing it for about 5 rounds until I found out my wedge was .5" short. Threw on an extender and new grip and voilà.

Irons - nike.gif Forged Blades / Project X 7.0

Driver - nike.gif VR Pro Ltd. Edition 8.5° / FUBUKI Alpha 70x

Wood - nike.gif SQ 3+ 13° / Stock Diamana S-Flex
Wedges - cleveland.gif Tour Action Gunmetal Reg 588 54° & 60° / DG S400
Putter - White Hot XG 2-Ball F7

Bag - nike.gif SQ Tour Carry

Note: This thread is 4643 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!