IGNORED

My Swing (Jteague44)

jteague44
Note: This thread is 4636 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey everyone, so I have been struggling like crazy with my driver. I hit the crap out of it (300-350 yards) but lately I have been either blocking it out way right or hitting a crazy top spinning duck hook. I included one video of my iron swing, which I dont have any problems with. So to all, what am I doing different between the two swings? any insight as to what would be causing me blocking or hooking the ball? thanks a lot

I recently walked into my local golf store and found a used version of my current driver head (but different loft) with a stiff flex for $35. If money is tight buy used and a generation or two back.

The shaft looks like it flexes like it does because of the way that the camera assembles the picture as it takes it. The video of tiger's swing was probably taken with a better camera and therefore doesn't look like it is flexing to the max. If you look in the most recent issue of golf digest, there are swing sequences of robert garrigus and brittany lincicome (both considered long hitters in their respective tours) and their shaft at impact looks exactly like yours.

• Administrator

It's just a camera illusion. Your shaft is not bending that much.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

hmm okay then the shaft isnt the problem. (Dang I thought that would be an easy fix, but then again, nothing in golf ever is.) so with that in mind, any ideas as to why i would block out right or hit a duck hook only with the driver and not irons?

Originally Posted by iacas

It's just a camera illusion. Your shaft is not bending that much.

I agree. One of the recent issues of Golf Digest had that exact same illusion in two pros swings in the frame by frame breakdown.

Driver -  909D2 9.5*
3 Wood -  975F 14.5*
5 Wood -  909F 18.5*
3I-PW -  Apex circa 2000
SW -   SM 54.08

LW -   SM 60.04

Putter -   Newport 2

Ball -  Pro V1

Originally Posted by chaptowngolfteam

The shaft looks like it flexes like it does because of the way that the camera assembles the picture as it takes it. The video of tiger's swing was probably taken with a better camera and therefore doesn't look like it is flexing to the max. If you look in the most recent issue of golf digest, there are swing sequences of robert garrigus and brittany lincicome (both considered long hitters in their respective tours) and their shaft at impact looks exactly like yours.

Hmmm, didn't know that. Intereseting.

try swinging your driver easier to see if you hit it straight or better. Having a shaft that is not stiff enough will cause a top spinning ball that just goes straight down

I'm definitely not a swing expert, nor someone who should be giving out advice on swinging a club but look at Grumpter's post with the still of Tiger and the still of you. His left hand looks much more open. It may be a simple hands issue. The shaft flex may be nothing more than a ruse.

Note: This thread is 4636 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!