IGNORED

SCAM - BEWARE - BE VERY AFRAID!

cantbreak90
Note: This thread is 4360 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I had purchased the Medicus driver from a retail outlet several years ago and found it helped my swing a lot.  I recently ordered the Medicus iron on line.  What happened after that is the SCAM part.

A couple of months after I ordered the iron I started receiving notices from my bank that something called "TOUR PARTNERS REWARDS" was tapping into my debit card to the tune of 9.95 a month.  I caught it after two months and called them.  They agreed to discontinue the withdrawals but that they wouldn't refund what they had taken because they considered it a "non-refundable charge."

All in all, I would say that I got a better deal from the retail outlet for my purchase there.  Apparently the "Offer" for the 'Tour Partners Rewards" is so deeply buried in the details (that's where the Devil lives, you know) that you will be ordering something you didn't want or ask for.

My recommendation - buy at a retail outlet or better yet, see if someone makes a knock off.

Good luck!

Did you purchase the Medicus directly from their website, or was it a third-party site?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That sux...they do the same w/ most if not all.... free trial offers..it's buried in fine print & if you do not return product within 30 days they start sending you that stuff you thought was free at a premium price until you bow out.....they usually have ripped you good by then. I got trapped once and cried to sales and customer service but was so polite that they actually refunded my money....that's rare.

Caveat Emptor................!

• 2 months later...

I too, was caught in this online deception. Thanks to your post I called and cancelled out of the Tour Partners Reward.  I also called Medicus to ask if I was going to be charged for the "FREE" merchandise and they assured me I would not be charged.  Time will tell. I am very careful about buying online and I do read the small print but these online Medicus offers are so misleading.  My advice, if you want to try a Medicus product, do NOT order it online.  Find a store that carries it and does not hide deep in the details.

Scams are illegal. This is a scheme. Odds are you signed something that you should have read.

The moral of the story? Pay attention. :) ;)

Driver: :adams: Speedline F11 9.5* loft 3 Wood: :adams: Speedline F12 15* Hybrid: :adams: Idea Super Hybrid 17* - Used in place of my 5 wood Hybrid: :adams: Idea A1 i-wood 21* Irons: :adams: Idea A1 5-PW Wedges: :adams: Watson 52*, 56*, 60* Wedges Putter: :tmade: Rossa Lambeau, Black

Originally Posted by Stewie007

Scams are illegal. This is a scheme. Odds are you signed something that you should have read.

The moral of the story? Pay attention. :) ;)

Splitting hairs is foolish on this one.  The intention is to take advantage of the fact that people systematically neither read the fine print nor track their balances to $10 accuracy.  A business practice that intends to trick "customers" is quite properly called a scam.

In some places, this sort of practice might well be illegal, so I'd carefully check any copies you have of what you signed.  While a few times $10 might not be worth much of your time, taking action to shut down or at least inconvenience sleazy businesses has a lot of payoff in karma.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

It doesn't matter what it's called. The moral of the story remains the same. Pay attention! :)

Driver: :adams: Speedline F11 9.5* loft 3 Wood: :adams: Speedline F12 15* Hybrid: :adams: Idea Super Hybrid 17* - Used in place of my 5 wood Hybrid: :adams: Idea A1 i-wood 21* Irons: :adams: Idea A1 5-PW Wedges: :adams: Watson 52*, 56*, 60* Wedges Putter: :tmade: Rossa Lambeau, Black

• 5 months later...

I purchased direct from the Medicus website and had the exact same problem.  Called today and Md tour partners said they would reverse the charge, but what kind of company does this?  I also sent a complaint direct to Medicus.  Sad, because I think the club is a great training tool.

I think the Gold Industry needs to shun Medicus until they change their practice.

I almost asked for one of those for Christmas too. Hell yeah, my dad would've bought from the website. Instead I chose the TourStriker and watch my ball striking improve!

"It's better to burn out than to fade away." -Kurt Cobain

I thought you were going to say something about the Medicus grooving a bad swing plane.  Phew!  Only a money scam.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

• 1 month later...

You can use the scam in your favor as well.  Just call them back and tell them that you didn't think it helps within the 30 days. (I waited a week).  They will then offer to take 20% off the order.  Again tell them no, and ask for the information to return the club and to credit your account.  They will come back and offer you 33% credit to keep the club.  Club will only cost $69 at this point.  Make sure to cancel the subscription to the Medicus Video database, and then you will need to call 866-231-6996 to cancel the membership to the Tour Partner Rewards subscription as well.  I did all this and verified that I did indeed receive a credit to my account.

This works with just about everything that has a "try it for free policy" - escpecially cable TV packages !!!

Originally Posted by cst7386

You can use the scam in your favor as well.  Just call them back and tell them that you didn't think it helps within the 30 days. (I waited a week).  They will then offer to take 20% off the order.  Again tell them no, and ask for the information to return the club and to credit your account.  They will come back and offer you 33% credit to keep the club.  Club will only cost $69 at this point.  Make sure to cancel the subscription to the Medicus Video database, and then you will need to call 866-231-6996 to cancel the membership to the Tour Partner Rewards subscription as well.  I did all this and verified that I did indeed receive a credit to my account.

This works with just about everything that has a "try it for free policy" - escpecially cable TV packages !!!

Works with my newspaper subscriptions and credit monitoring services (I'm paranoid).

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

Originally Posted by zeg

Splitting hairs is foolish on this one.  The intention is to take advantage of the fact that people systematically neither read the fine print nor track their balances to $10 accuracy.  A business practice that intends to trick "customers" is quite properly called a scam.

In some places, this sort of practice might well be illegal, so I'd carefully check any copies you have of what you signed.  While a few times $10 might not be worth much of your time, taking action to shut down or at least inconvenience sleazy businesses has a lot of payoff in karma.

I agree it is a scam that takes advantage of all those that don't read carefully what they are signing or only deal with reputable vendors.  Maybe I'm a different generation than most on this forum but I reconcile all my credit and bank accounts every month and I certainly recommend doing that.  Most of the time there are not issues but upon occasion it help avoid problems for me.

Butch

Note: This thread is 4360 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!