IGNORED

The story behind everything...what's in your bag?

lamebums
Note:Β This thread is 5730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Driver: Wilson Deep Red II distance 10.5-degree. After frustrating rounds with a cleveland 460 launcher, which was long but inaccurate, and a hogan cs-3, i demo'd a bunch of used drivers for under $100 and settled on this. Don't get as much yardage out of it, but i'm in the fairway a lot more often. And I couldn't beat the bargain price of $30. regular graphite prolite shaft.

3 wood--hogan c455. Great club. my go-to stick. can do anything. off the deck, off the tee, out of the rough, whatever. Was looking for a three wood last year and this one was cheap. bought it and never really looked at anything else since.

hybrids--19, 21,24-degree hogan cft. nice clubs. no real complaints. the 19-degree is a bit fussy, but of the hybrids i tried, it seemed to hit the ball the most pure.

irons: Okay. i grew up playing blades from the age of 7. inherited my dad's old clubs when i was a teenager, and just went looking for new clubs last year, when i decided to get a bit more serious about golf. I'm 36, not new to the game, but i'm not really a low handicapper either. I tried the clubs i figured would help my game--a set of callaways--but after hating those for a while (they looked, felt, and sounded really clunky) and going through a couple different sets, i settled on hogan apex 50 blades. They're every bit as accurate as i can be, they let me know what i did wrong. And they look and feel fantastic. Irons have never been the problem part of my game, anyway.

wedges: Yep. Hogan again. 52-degree colonial with 8 degrees of bounde and a hogan 5610 sand wedge. had a 60-degree lob wedge, but traded it. didn't use it enough to take up space in the bag. i could never figure it out, anyway. the 52-degree is my go-to club around the greens.

putter: John Byron x-11 in stainless steel. Great anser-style putter. found it in a used bin at Roger Dunn's. before that, i used an acushnet bulls-eye for 20 years or so. still have it.

bag: Sporttek or something like that. nice light stand bag. bought it at a tent sale for around 60 bucks.

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I go through golf equipment like poo through a goose. 99% of everything comes from Ebay and winds up right back on their with in a few months or sometimes days.

The bag itself is the best story. Black Sun Mountain Front Nine. Lots of pockets and all easily accessible. Bought it on Ebay for $50. When it arrived the seller had not cleaned it out. There were tees, balls, scorecards a couple of golf towels, etc. As I examined the contents further I found a divot tool and matching ball marker. Looking even closer the divot tool was inscribed Tiffany& Co. Both were sterling silver. The ball marker alone lists for $50 on the Tiffany website. Carry the usual stuff, Sharpies, tees, balls, tape, bottle opener, insect spray (summer) etc.

Driver: Taylormade R7 9.5* w/two 14 gram weights, Graphite Design YS6+ shaft.
Fairway: Taylormade 3w, 5w, 7w (all stock)
Hybrid: Callaway FT 4H, 5H (all stock)
Irons: Callaway Fusion Wide Sole 6 - P + A + S (all stock)
Putter: Bobby Gace (Cobra) Lo Pro (w/a ton of lead tape)
Ball: Pro V1*'s when I can afford them, Bridgestone B330 S.

All but the putter are subject to being placed on Ebay should they misbehave. Oh ya I think I'll hold onto the divot tool/marker too.

Ping G2 Driver... funny story. I never used graphite shafts due to an incurable slice, but I aquired a Callaway Hawkeye Driver with a stiff shaft in the same manner as the irons listed below. Theis was the first grpahite shaft club that I could hit. When the new 460 drivers came out, I went and tried a lot of drivers, but settled on the G2. will soon be upgrading to a Big Bertha 460, or a Taylor Made Burner.

Callaway Steelhead X-14 Irons... I worked for Nortel Networks until Feb of 2003. In 2001 I received an award in which I could choose to receive cash or points to redeem for stuff. It worked out that the points were tax free, so I took them. I got my X-14's, which were graphite shafts, along with a Hawkeye driver, gas grill, camcorder, DVD player, 36" TV, and a bike for my kid. A local golf shop gave me full retail value for a trade in, so I swapped the graphite clubs for steel, and got like $250 store credit. With that, I got a matching sand wedge, shag bag, couple hats, and some other swag. The irons have turned out to be the best thing for me since sliced bread. I do take the old Eye 2's out every once and a while, though.

Nickent Hybrids... Just decided to try a 4 hybrid and liked it, so I bought the 3 as well.

Ping Doc 15 putter... Basically bought this because it is unique....and it is the best putter ever. I was driven to this decision by my son who was begging for my Craz-E

Steelhead Fairway Woods...bought them cause they matched the Steelhead irons.

Founder,
The Sand Trap Tour
Central NC's affordable amateur tour

But in the end it's still a game of golf, and if at the end of the day you can't shake hands with your opponents and still be friends, then you've missed the point. ~Payne Stewart

• 1 month later...
Driver - Nike Ignite. Got fitted for the driver at local course's driving range and pro shop. Even got to play 18 with a used one in before I bought it new.

Fairways - 3 and 5. No-name brand given to me by my father's coworker. My uncle is going to give me his wilsons though.

Irons - Taylormade Rac OS2. Also got fitted for them at my local course.

Wedges - I have Cleveland GG10 wedges, but am saving up to get some Titleist Vokey Spin Milled OC, 54.10, 60.04.

Putter- SC SS Newport. My favorite club I have ever owned. Distance control is amazing. I want to send it in to get my initials stamped on it. Can't stand those polymer inserts. Only Insert I have ever liked is this one(the GSS insert, found in Studio style and Red X), and the terrylium insert on the SC terrylium putters.the white hot xg is like putting with a glove wrapped over the face. IMHO.

In the process of changing all my grips to GP ND MC. My personal favorite grip. Also do not play with a glove, but keep a Titleist Players-tech in case I feel like using one(for the occasional drive at the end of my round, If my hands are blistering, I use it).

Balls - NXT Tour. I also have a dozen Pro v1 that I use in tournaments.

Driver-I had heard so many good things about Titleist drivers and decided to purchase one. I knew that I would need to change the shaft as it was too light and felt like I was losing it as I was coming through the ball. Got fitted for my current shaft and it's been great.

Irons-Same as my driver. Just did not feel comfortable playing the R7 Draw Irons. I wanted to upgrade my set so I purchased the MP32s, used. Got a great deal. Went to a fitter to upgrade the shafts and the results were the Project X. I had zero clue as to what they were but received a ton of information through my fitter. My fitter tweaked the lofts and lies on the short irons and I could not be happier.

Wedges-Purchased my lob wedge in Arizona. I had broken one the previous day. Went to Van's and got a great deal. Had it extended at my fitting.

Putter-The only other item I did not purchase on ebay. Had the loft adjusted and additional weight, added.

Hybrids-I purchased three and need to replace the shaft on two. I wanted to get Accra Hybrid shafts on both but decided against it. Instead, I'll use steel shafts.

Balls-I am constantly experimenting. Right now, I have the DT Carry/Solo/Roll. The Roll is my least favorite. I'm also using the NXT Tour. It's a toss-up between the Carry and Tour. I can't complain. Both perform really well.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Β 

Ball-White and Round

Β 

I can freely admit that I remember always making fun of golf as a kid, my friends and I never knew a single person who played and it was regarded as a rich sport. My first year of college my roommate took me out for a round and using his clubs I broke 100 the first time I ever picked up a golf club. I had no idea if that was good or not but whatever it was out there I absolutely fell in love with golf the first time I picked up a club.

I own a lot of clubs because I progressed pretty quickly in this great game, I've been playing about 5 years now and have owned 3 sets of irons, 3 drivers, etc etc

Driver - TM r7 425TP, real, real cheap on ebay... (150bucks). Whoever was selling the club/ bidders as well must not realize you can reshaft clubs because his other auctions for the same club with a stiff shaft were going 300+ but this had a senior flex and I never intended on using the stock shaft to begin with. Picked up my striper shaft from a good friend who owns and operates a repair shop. I switch between this club and my 905R but find the TM to just be a longer club. I initially enjoyed the low torque v2 on my titleist but found that I just had to be on my A game every swing to get the results I wanted. The TM is bar far a lot more forgiving on off center shots. Also I have confirmed the authenticity of the club, which made me nervous for a while considering the price level.
Past Drivers - TM r7 Quad, Titleist 905 R

Irons - Titleist 735CM, great great irons. I was fit well for these sticks and have no complaints. I traded/ sold everything I could find in my house (golf and non golf related) to get the cash for the sticks. I went to numerous demo days and fittings to find the right shaft... settled on 6.0 project x's which my store gave me a deal on for some reason.
Past Iron sets - Hogan (forget the model now), TM combo OS/LT

Wedges - These were honestly a impulse buy, fell in love with the oil can and the hype along with them. I actually love these clubs the most because I love the work I find myself doing to just keep them looking good. I constantly find myself sharpening their grooves, washing them and here and there blueing them. I also enjoy switching up my custom paintfills, gun blue and lime green look real sharp.

Putter - Cameron, can't really go wrong with this short stick. Also an impulse buy, esp trhe hype. I recently converted a callaway i trax into a belly putter, it performs well but since it wasnt originally a belly the lie is kind of weird on it. I enjoy the belly on slower greens as it gives me some weight behind long putts. I lag pretty well with the belly but on faster green enjoy the performance of my scotty blade.
Past putters - Macgregor, Yonex forged ADX blade

Bag - I have this mini sunmountain bag that I picked up pretty cheap at The Country Club in Brookline, MA. I worked there one summer as a caddy and while at times the whole private, wealthly club atmosphere pissed me off I fell in love with the fact that I was walking the same fairways of some of golfs greats. I prob dropped 50 bucks on this bag...
I used to have an all white limited edition ping bag which I paid 180 for and for some reason I got rid of it. Kind of stupid but I sold it for 175 so at least I made my money back on it.

Hybrid - sonartech, pretty damn awesome. I have the 2iron model and pull this out on par 5's. I can hit nice low, draws with this beast. Paid full price for this damn thing.

Balls - I pretty much will play any 3 piece ball and I find myself collecting balls that I find on courses and from some private courses around me where rich old white guys never look for their balls, even though they are 3 inches off the rough in the light brush. Dedham Country and Polo pretty much supplies me with my prov's and hx tours.

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

"Whats in the Bag" is one of my favorite sections of Golf Digest, so here it goes....

Driver Tayolormade 360 10.5 44 1/2" ProLaunch 65. Havent gotten in the big boys yet, got 100cc to go. Treated myself to a reshaft on vacation at Myrtle Beach. Morons at Martins put the shaft in with the logo up. He said "Well, thats how we do it here" What?? Find me one on the rack thats like that. Has a pile of lead tape on the heal..I've always done my one shafting, now I know why..

3 Wood TM 300 Tour 15 deg. Buddy had one and let me hit it, after a few shots, I just had to have it.

7 Wood Caved in a Rescue, so I switched to this. What a hunk of junk. Just takes up space now..

Irons Cleveland TA-7 Tour. No where close to being a tour player, but I bought these off the Cleveland Van as a treat to myself. Hit every club they had and got fitted for these. I was ticked that I took a day off work to get fit for clubs only to find out I was standard all the way...Love these irons though.

Wedges Cleveland 588's. 60 deg and 56. 56 has "Bad Mother F-----" stamped in the hosel. If I have to have a buddy bring me a wedge, and he says "which one?" I say "its the one that says bad mother f----- on it" Usually gets a laugh, "Pulp Fiction" reference there. Remember Sam Jacksons wallet?

Putter Ping Anser 2 with black fill pingman logo grip, like Tiger's. Bottom is polished like a mirror, rest has a satin sand blast finish. What can I say, I like to tinker...

Bag Izzo, gift from co-worker. Used to have Fred Funks old Founders Club bag, name and all. I used to set it out on the driving range the sit at a bench and watch people gather around looking for him. Pretty funny when they saw a hack hitting balls. Damn thing weighed a ton..

Ball Old school precept Laddie. Played with them a couple of times, then found a closeout at Wally for 7 dollars a box. Bought 10 boxes, down to one now. Not a bad ball, gotten used to it, so now I have to keep playing them I guess.

As for the rest, usually a can of Skoal (birdie juice) 2000 Texas quarter for the year my daugher was born. Leatherman micro tool. Chapstick, BC powders, Suntan lotion, gold bond powder, tape, couple of extra spikes, Possum Trot ballmark tool (my favorite course in Myrtle) 2 beer coozies, head weight for warm up, TPC towel from back in the day, couple of Jim Beam minis just in case....

In my bag:

360 10.5 44.5 Prolaunch
300 Tour 15 EI-70
V-Steel 21 (POS!, bye bye) TA-7 Tour 4-PW 56 & 60 588's Anser 2 Laddie (Why??)Mini bottles of Jim Beam...Oops.

Driver: Affinity Pro 10.5* Don't know much about the company, but I bought it for $6 at the Kaneohe Bay BX a couple of year ago....I hit it quite well.
Irons: TaylorMade R7 TP 3-PW....I have always hit Taylor's very well. I just recently purchased them and my one time at the driving range afforded me 10+ yards extra carry, more controlability and soon a better game.
Wdeges: Macgregor Sand Iron, a 1980's Sand Wedge that has a dented shaft and original worn out grip. I have holed out with it several times, I got it from my now Ex-Brother-In-Law's dad for free. Harmony Lob Wedge found at SportMart for $4.99 all the others were $30 so I bought it. I have holed out with it a few times.
Putter: I call it a Scotty Cameron but honestly I have no idea who made it. It has lead weights on the bottom and back of the clubhead. I won it by betting my friend Zach in high school golf. He was a much better player than I was and I wen't for broke. He had regripped it with a ping putter grip, and I love the feel and roll of that putter.
Bag: Taylormade, can't remember the model at the moment, but it is brand new and a carry bag. It was only $60 at Golfsmith.
Ball: I use various balls, I have some Strata Professional Balatas, and some Wilson Tour's.....I used to buy Slazinger balatas back in the 90's and they were $60-$80 a 12 pack. Yikes!!! But I have never played any better ball, I can't find them now, of course.
Shoes: Footjoy all black Terrains
Glove Footjoy, no other compares.

Driver: Β Ping G15 9* with Talamonti 70x shaft
3 Wood/Hybrid: Β Taylormade Rescue TP 17*
3-PW Irons: Β Ping G15 Green Dot KBS 90 shafts
Gap Wedge: Β Cleveland 588 RTG
Sand Wedge: Β Cleveland 588 RTGLob Wedge: Β Cleveland 588 RTGPutter: Β OdysseyBall: Β Bridgestone 330-RXS or 330-SBag: Β Generic

• 2 weeks later...

Got all my clubs from my future father and brother in law. Their garage is my golf store , except my 735's which I just bought off ebay.
Driver:Titleist 983k 9.5Β°
3 wood: Titleist 980 15Β°
Irons:Titleist 735 2-pw Just bought off ebay, 5 rounds used for $250. Standard length and lie, Lamkin crossline cord grips, S300 shaft.
Wdeges:Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60
Putter:Zevo, some cheap thing that is way too light.
Bag:Belding tour bag, TOYOTA down the side. Free from the owner of a Toyota dealership near me, so why not.
Ball:Pro V1
Shoes: Footjoy all black ecomfort, or white/brown saddle greenjoys
No glove, just tape on my middle finger right hand, and first finger left hand so I dont get blisters.
Extras: Sunscreen, yardage books, towels, drinks (gatorade tiger-red drive and water), power bars, athletic tape, tees, rain gear, divot tools and ball markers, and some kind of long sleeve something to wear if it gets chilly.

Driver 983k 9.5Β°
3 Wood 906f2 15Β°
5 wood 906f2 18Β°
Irons 735 3-pw S300, Golf Pride Tour Velvet cord
Wedges Spin Milled 53Β°, Spin Milled 59Β°Putter Studio Select Newport 2Goals for '10:1. Get down to scratch or better

New Updates in red .....

Driver:
Affinity Pro 10* Don't know much about the company, but I bought it for $6 at the Kaneohe Bay BX a couple of year ago....I hit it quite well.

3-Wood:
Zevo...$29 job

Irons:
TaylorMade R7 TP 3-PW....I have always hit Taylor's very well. I just recently purchased them and my one time at the driving range afforded me 10+ yards extra carry, more controlability and soon a better game.

Wedges:
Cleveland 588 Sand Wedge (56*)
Harmony Lob Wedge found at SportMart for $4.99 all the others were $30 so I bought it. I have holed out with it a few times.

Putter:
Odyssey Dual Force #5

Bag:
Taylormade, can't remember the model at the moment, but it is brand new and a carry bag. It was only $60 at Golfsmith.

Ball:
I use various balls, I have some Strata Professional Balatas, and some Wilson Tour's.....I used to buy Slazinger balatas back in the 90's and they were $60-$80 a 12 pack. Yikes!!! But I have never played any better ball, I can't find them now, of course.

Shoes:
Footjoy all black Terrains

Glove:
Footjoy, no other compares.

Driver: Β Ping G15 9* with Talamonti 70x shaft
3 Wood/Hybrid: Β Taylormade Rescue TP 17*
3-PW Irons: Β Ping G15 Green Dot KBS 90 shafts
Gap Wedge: Β Cleveland 588 RTG
Sand Wedge: Β Cleveland 588 RTGLob Wedge: Β Cleveland 588 RTGPutter: Β OdysseyBall: Β Bridgestone 330-RXS or 330-SBag: Β Generic

In the bag....

Let me start off by saying that when I first bought a set a clubs I figured I would buy a cheap set to beat up on while I tried to learn how to play. So I bought a set of Spaldings that came with everything putter/irons/woods/bag. I used those for a year or so until I went out and played with a coworker of mine that had a set of Adams Ideas that he let me try. I loved them and got a set of my own shortly thereafter. So I am slowly phasing out all the Spaldings.

DRIVER: Spalding Pro (need to replace with a decient driver)
WOODS: 3 and 5 wood are also Spalding Pro's (I was going to replace these but don't really use them anymore as I use my hybrids)
HYBRIDS: Adams Idea 3i/4i, Love these, basicly took the place of my 3/5 woods.
IRONS: Adams Idea 5/PW. These replaced the Spalding Pro's, I love them and have thought about trading them in for the new version but see no reason to.
WEDGE: Currently only have a 58deg Titlest. I used to just open up the face on my PW depending on how much I wanted to change the angle. I will pick up probably a 54deg soon but couldn't pass this up as it was $25 at Golf Galaxy.
PUTTER: Just picked up a No Comprimise Voodoo putter. Tried several including a couple of two ball putters and found I liked this one best. Couldn't believe how much a good putter helps your game out. As with all the other clubs this replaced the Spalding. The ball just comes off the face of this putter so much nicer.
BALLS: I used to just pick up whatever was on sale since I would lose most of them anyways to whatever water there was on the course until reciently when I took some cheap balls I had(cougar I believe) and hit/putted a few against some Wilson Staffs/MC Lady/Nike Ones. I couldn't believe the difference between them. So while I will still look for the good sales I will not go for some of the really cheap ones anymore.
BAG: NIKE Stand Bag. My wife picked this up for me one christmas. Actually love it as it has the dual straps and is extreamly light.

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

In my bag:

Driver: Taylormade BurnerIrons: Fusion 5-AwHybrids: Idea 3i/17 deg-4i/21 degPutter: Never Compromise VoodooBall: Whatever I find, currently TP Black

• 4 months later...
'Here's What I Play' in Golf magazine is my favorite read each month.

Driver I play the Cobra F-Speed in 10.5 degree loft with a stock, stiff shaft. I have a firefighter helmet headcover on the 1 stick.

16 degree Hybrid I use a 2007 Cobra Baffler 1/R hybrid with 16 degrees of loft with the stock, stiff shaft. This club is protected by a plush fire hydrant headcover.

20 degree Hybrid I put a 2008 Cobra Baffler 3/R hybrid with 20 degrees of loft with the stock, stiff shaft.

Irons I play the 2008 Cobra S9 II irons (4-GW). These irons are 1" longer and 2 degrees upright. All have S300 shafts.

Wedges I love my Cleveland RTG DSG wedges with the rust finish. I have a 54 degree and a 58 degree.

Putter I love my Rife Two Bar Hybrid putter with a center shaft.

Balls I play either the Titleist Pro V1 or the Titleist NXT Tour.

Other Also, in my bag I carry the following: Nags Head Golf Links bag tag (my favorite course). International Association of Fire Fighters ball markers on my divot tool. Sky Caddie SG4.... Can't leave home without it. I have a big towel that was borrowed from Kingsmill Resort in Williamsburg, VA. I carry lots of navy blue tees. The most important 'other' in my bag are the numerous beer koozies. The beers must stay cold on the course!

"You have to birdie the first hole to birdie em all" &
"You have to drink in the morning to drink all day"

okay where to start. When i was 11 I went to a store called Sport Mart. and had a nice set of Ram clubs that i fell in love with. From there on i knew i wanted those. Christmas morning i got them. I still have those ever since

Wow I'm long overdue for an update. I sure have changed, I have a job now and spend it all on golf, and I enjoy it. My bag is almost totally revamped.

Driver- Still have the sasquatch, my first ever big golf purchase. Amazing driver Irons- This year was sadly the last for my old Ram Laser's. After breaking the 6 iron on the range, and then snapping the 5 iron on the course the other day (not out of anger & not with my knee) I started looking for some new irons. I found a sweet deal and have some nice new Ping S58's. Putter- Have a Yes! Tiffany now, had it for about a month so far. So that new putter thing on my last post must have been a lie. Much needed, was bought after my 5 wood. Woods- Still got the old Ram 3 wood, but now have had a TM R7 5 wood for about 3 months now. Bought it for the hell of it.. really just wanted to buy some golf stuff. Bag: is still wayyy to heavy (my next purchase after I pay off these irons) Shoes: Upgraded, got some Adidas Tour 360 II's. Love em! Clothes: 40+ shirts and counting.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5Β°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15Β°
5 Wood: r7 19Β° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60Β°Wedge: Z TP 54Β°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

hmm... well lets see, 20 years of playing golf.

started with my dad's set, plastic cheap driver, 3 wood, and can't even remember the irons.

first real set:
Ram's.. got used for $150 at a course i used to play at.

first new set:
custom built golfsmith ping eye 2 knockoffs. some new graphite head / shaft driver combination ..

next set that i played through most of high school and college.
used 1984 titleist tour model blades, 2 - pw. custom fitted and reshafted with dynamic gold s 100's. had a variety of drivers through that time: taylor burner 7 degree, callaway big bertha steel, callaway great big bertha, founders club, titleist howitzer titanium.

end of college golf experimented with some new irons:
ping ISI, titleist DCI, and finally ended up with tommy armour 845's.. played those tommy armours for 10 years until i just got the set i have below.

Sean

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11S 9 degree.Β  Set to upright 8 degree.Β  Aldila RIP Alpha 60s X flex shaft.

3 wood: TaylorMade 13 degree RocketBallz (coming shortly).. X Flex Matrix X Conn.

Hybrids: 2iron / 4iron Taylor Burner Rescue.

Irons: 5 - PW 2008 Model Year Titleist AP2

Wedges: 49*, 54* 60* Cleveland 588 Rusties.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi Long.

Balls: Titleist Pro VX

Bag: Titleist Black / Red Staff

Obviously, I am avid fans of Tiger (nike) and Curtis (Titleist). I've gotten lucky, as every club I've looked at has suited me well, and has let me support a hero in a way.

Titleist Driver - forgiveness to the max
Nike CPR hybrids - not sure what it is, but I can't miss with those suckers.
Yes! Putter - would love a SC, but Yes! technology of C-Grooves was too great to pass up - man that thing is so easy to control.
Nike bag - just love it top to bottom
Titleist DT Carry - fantastic golf ball, great for high iron shots and even work well off the tee. Gets the ball in the air and keeps it there.

I'm looking into getting some Titleist 775 irons and Nike SV tour wedges if I can find a good deal.

In my bag:
Driver: 907D1 10.5*, Aldila Spec-Grid S67 reg
Woods: Looking for a wood. Titleist 906F4 or Nike CPR.
Utility: CPR 2-3 hybrids, 22*-26*Irons: 755 Forged 4-PW, Tri-Spec Steel RegWedges: Vokey 200 series 56.10 SW, 60.04 LWPutter: Tracy 33"Ball: DT CarryI mark my Titleist by...

Driver - Nike Sumo2 5300 9.5 stiff - First had an R7 Draw 10.5 regular, but I sliced it more than a regular driver and hit it too high, so I got a reg. driver (square tho lol) in 9.5 and got stiff to help accuracy. It worked. :)

3W - Had a Nike Sasquatch 2, sold it. Can't hit fwy woods off...um...the fairway.

16* - Just bought a Cleveland HiBore 16* STEEL SHAFT, Regular flex from golfsmith to take place of my 3W. I like steel shafts in hybrids.

Irons - Just got my Ci6's the other day. I LOVE THEM.

Wedges - I like my Vokey's, but I'd rather have either 54*, 60*, or 54* and 58* with lower bounce. I can't hit my 58. (selling it in the marketplace). Got a Cleveland 588 64* because I like high lofted wedges, and I found it cheap in good condition.

Putter - Tried a Bionik putter, than an Odyssey DFX 3300...didn't like either one of them. Got a White Steel 1 and love it.

Ball - Can't play w/o a Pro v1x.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMOΒ² 9.5ΒΊ Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16ΒΊ (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

old irons were top flite starter set, oversized cavity back with 2 hybrid clubs. sold them for a pro standard set which is listed in my signature.

just sold the adams driver in my sig, looking to buy a square driver on ebay, will update sig in a few days. leaning towards a clone square driver. i got hooked on high moi square design by using my brothers NIKE Sumo2 and his best friends iDRIVE. i am making a choice between Nickent, SV, iDRIVE, or Tour Sonic.

i had a scotty cameron futura putter, sold it for money issues. now using a nice adjustable weight putter which plays well.

wedges were a steal sale and play awesome.

Well I just started playing in May, but here's my equipment so far.

Driver:
Driver is the only club in the bag that I haven't changed or added a back up too. It's and R7 460 9.5*. Bought it almost two years ago when my baseball teamates and I were bored during a tournament and there was a driving range at the Hotel we were staying at. Love it when I hit it straight. Doing more of that now since I replaced the stock shaft with a Grafalloy ProLaunch Red S. A Nickent 3dx Tour Square is on the way to experiment with.

Fairway Woods:
My first was a hand me down from my dad, I'm not even sure what it was so I decided to pick up an Taylor Made R5 3 wood. One of the best stock shafts I've ever swung. Can swing as hard as I can and I know where the head is going to end up, right behind the ball.

Hybrids:
Well the first set of irons I bought were Adams A2's. So I have a A2 3 and 4 hybrid which I take out to the course if I'm not feeling my swing. I've added both a Adams Idea Pro 3 and 4 and love them. They really let me swing out of my you know what.

Irons:
The hand me downs my dad gave me were some Tommy Armour 700 series. He also let me take a incomplete set of 5-9 Nike Blades. I quickly bought the Adams's A2's so I could learn on them. After a few range sessions though I started hitting the Nike Blades just as well as the A2's. Probably because when I was around 9 my dad had me hit some of his cut down blades for a winter. I'm just about to get some Cobra Carbon CB's to replace the A2's as my off day set.

Wedges:
I ended up getting Vokey 200 series wedges in 48*, 52 bent to 51*, 54* and a 58* spin milled. All oil can and all coked, not because I think rust will help spin but to get rid of the rust because I like a more uniformed look than sporadic oil can or rust on the clubs.(hello run on sentence)

Putters:
My dad gave me his original anser. Love the thing, been using it for my whole life which was only when I rode along with my dad when I was a kid to putt around after my dad reached the green. I refused to actually swing a golf club until 3 months ago because I didn't want to mess my baseball stroke up, except for that one winter of course. I did spring for a Scotty Studio Design 3.5 that I got for a great price. Beautiful gun blue finish and the feel is just what you would expect from a milled putter.

Bag:
The ogio that my dad gave me as a hand me down.

Ball: I have hit Pro V1's and still have some but just switched to Nike One Blacks and love them. They stop on a dime and go as straight as my swing will let them.

Note:Β This thread is 5730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!