IGNORED

Who do you like in the PGA Champ this week ?

MGNJ88
Note: This thread is 4632 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I hope Dustin Johnson is in the last group on Sunday......because that means a European is guaranteed to win (Gmac, Kaymer and Clarke)

For a serious answer, I'm going with Luke Donald again. He led the field in GIR at Firestone and also had the fewest dropped shots all week (3)

This is going to be a tough course.. over 7400 yr par 70.. OUCH..  A lot of carry over water on many long holes..  I wish Richie well,, BUT..  I think my favs are going to be Dustin, Ryo, Adam and Rori..  All have shown me to hit it long and straight..

Only three players have finished in the top 20 in each of the last three majors -- Stricker, Schwartzel, Yang. I'll have a $20 on each please.
  • Upvote 1

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

These classic type courses seem to suit Rory well, so I like him.  Also, I like AK's chances.  And as a darkhorse candidate, I'll take the hometown favorite Mr. Toms.

I'm not expecting a lot of surprises this week. Players who will be in contention on the weekend will be those who have been in contention at other recent majors. Players who played well at Congressional in June, and at Firestone last week, should also play well at Atlanta Athletic Club. Take your pick of the usual suspects this year to show up on the leaderboard again:

Rory McIlroy

Luke Donald

Lee Westwood

Charl Schwartzel

Jason Day

Adam Scott

Dustin Johnson

Rickie Fowler

KJ Choi

Sergio Garcia

Davis Love III

Phil Mickelson

Matt Kuchar

...and anyone else I might have missed.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Originally Posted by Stretch

Only three players have finished in the top 20 in each of the last three majors -- Stricker, Schwartzel, Yang. I'll have a $20 on each please.

I'd like to see Stricker pull one out. Seems like a pretty classy guy...

"You're not good enough to get mad. Enjoy the round." Arnold Palmer to Jim Leyland.

Driver: Taylormade r5 80 10.5
Irons: Taylormade RAC OS 3-PW True temper reg flex
Hybrid: Nike Rescue 18* graphite stiff flexWedge: Taylormade RAC 56* satinWedge: Cleveland Tour Action 60*Putter: Odyssey White...

Nick Watney or or Adam Scott.

Hopefully Woods does something exciting - ain't holding my breath though

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I will go with either Sergio or Jason Day. Woods will make the cut and finish T-48th. Wish he would get this new swing down and start dominating again (of course he would have to make some putts as well!)

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper

I'm not expecting a lot of surprises this week. Players who will be in contention on the weekend will be those who have been in contention at other recent majors. Players who played well at Congressional in June, and at Firestone last week, should also play well at Atlanta Athletic Club. Take your pick of the usual suspects this year to show up on the leaderboard again:

Rory McIlroy

Luke Donald

Lee Westwood

Charl Schwartzel

Jason Day

Adam Scott

Dustin Johnson

Rickie Fowler

KJ Choi

Sergio Garcia

Davis Love III

Phil Mickelson

Matt Kuchar

...and anyone else I might have missed.

I'd have to respectfully disagree with Sergio and DLIII.  Nick Watney and Striker are notable too.  and Martin Kaymer.  Although he hasn't played well lately he seems to do ok at this tournament. :-)

It's going to be hot and humid, so my pick would have to be someone who has the fitness and stamina to go along with excellent ball striking and short game skills.    With his recent focus on fitness and working with the rugby trainer, I'm going with Luke Donald.

Dustin Johnson, Steve Stricker, Phil, Luke Donald or Ishikawa are my picks.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

my boy AK, back in form and back in contention hopefully!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Note: This thread is 4632 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!