IGNORED

I am missing all of my putts right

JohnnyB
Note: This thread is 4632 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

About a month ago I started just not making anything over like 10 feet.  Literally can go out and hit 14 greens and make one birdie.   I have always been a straight back and straight through putter.   I was using a Scotty Cameron 2.6.   I recently even bought a center shafted two ball Odyssey and put an oversized, ok jumbo, Winn group on it.   I actually lag putter even better with this putter, but still can't help but miss putts right.

I probably need to give more information on this, but any tips that may be something I need to look for or check would be great.  And please, no one tell me to aim further left, this somehow hasn't helped either.

I am striking the ball as good as I ever have, and can't get a putt to fall.   Any help ( maybe center shafted putters aren't for me? ) would be appreciated.   Thanks

Check to make sure that you arent bringing the club to the inside on your backswing and make sure you have your eyes over the ball on your setup.

If you dont have your eyes over the ball its going to totally screw up your aim.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

As simple as chipotle's advice sounds. I'd recommend equally as simple advice.

Keep your head still.

A lot of people like to watch their ball fall into the hole, more often then not they peek even before the ball has been struck. Your head comes up, your shoulders open to the target, you push your putt. Gary Player says to listen for the ball to fall into the hole. This is extra important on the downhill sliders. Keep yourself as still as possible.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I was pushing the ball right too until my golf pro noticed I was bringing my core up while I putted. Keep your head down yes but you need to keep your core down too.

Bag: SunMountain KG:3 Cart Bag
Driver: Titleist 913 D3

Fairway: Nike VR_S Covert Tour 3

Hybrid: Nike VR_S Covert 3
Wedges: 51° ,55°, 59° Trusty Rusty

Irons: Adams CMB
Putter: TM Ghost Spider

Glove: LeviTee Golf Glove

Shoe: True LinksWear Sensei, Proto

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

Are you swinging the putter with your arms or rocking your shoulders? Putting with the arms can lead to pushes.

titleistprov1x |nikeneo |●| callawayx-forged 54/60 |● |mizunoMP68

adamsproblack 3H |●| mizunoMPtitanium5w/3w |●| mizunoMP630FT

I've just recently experienced the same issue after 20 years of pulling putts left.  I noticed Friday that the ball had crept back in my stance to the center instead of below my LEFT eye (slightly forward).  To fix this, I took an old CD (one I got in junk mail) to the practice putting green and placed the ball in the hole.  I set-up over the ball and make sure I can see my reflection of my right eye in the CD behind the ball.  Putt the ball from the CD with your chest or sternum, the same turn around your central core or spine as in full shots.  This seemed to cure my pushes.

The most difficult distance in golf is the six inches between your ears.

Couple of things.

Ball could be to far back in your stance (not slightly left of center)?

Secondly, if all things are equal with your setup and aim, then I noticed the putter equipment you're playing is all setup to prevent the hooking of putts. Your Newport 2.6 doesn't have much Toe Hang.  Also, I'm not to sure but the center shafted two ball Odyssey, I'm sure, is also fully face balanced or has a slight Toe Hang and coupled with the oversized grip, you are doing everything possible to eliminate putts from going left...lol.

Maybe play around with a normal gripped Toe Hang putter that will close easier and who knows, that may just get your putts moving down your line.  If a putter with extreme Toe Hang gets you hooking putts, then you know somewhere inbetween is where you need to be.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Note: This thread is 4632 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!