IGNORED

Lack of Masters coverage??

Clubswinger21
Note: This thread is 6215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was hoping there would be 6 hour coverage like it used to be, I like tuning in for the 1st couple groups and seeing who can post a low round early. Not so, 3 hour coverage is all we'll get untill the final day.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

Go to the masters official site and they are having a live broadcast before TV for Amen Corner starting at 10:30am.
Bag:  ping.gif Voyage Orange/Black/White
Driver:  ping.gif G10 w/ Aldila Proto X-stiff
3 Wood: titleist.gif  975f
Irons:  ping.gif i10 w/ AWT X-stiff
Wedges: titleist.gifVokey Spin Milled 56* & 60*Putter: ping.gif Zing I-SeriesBall: titleist.gif ProV1x

I am very disappointed. If there is one tournament that could easily have 5+hours of coverage for the first two rounds, The Masters is it. I know Amen Corner is streamed online, but come on...put it on TV. At least our CBS affiliate is showing the HD feed on their HD channel even though it is on USA. I'm not sure if that is the case for everyone.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

At least our CBS affiliate is showing the HD feed on their HD channel even though it is on USA. I'm not sure if that is the case for everyone.

Our CBS affiliate did the same thing which was a nice bonus. Augusta National in HD is quite spectacular.

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

At least I've got Amen Corner live going here at work. Feherty made me laugh out loud though...Cink tried punching out of the trees on 13 and hit a branch (rather loudly.) Feherty immediately chimed in, "Ooooh. I'll name that tune in one note."

Classic.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

They also are having an hour of bonus online feed along with amen corner going before TV coverage starts, but I wish it were on regular TV.
Bag:  ping.gif Voyage Orange/Black/White
Driver:  ping.gif G10 w/ Aldila Proto X-stiff
3 Wood: titleist.gif  975f
Irons:  ping.gif i10 w/ AWT X-stiff
Wedges: titleist.gifVokey Spin Milled 56* & 60*Putter: ping.gif Zing I-SeriesBall: titleist.gif ProV1x

During the past decade they have greatly expanded coverage at the Masters. It used to be that there was only 2 hours broadcast on the first 3 days, and no TV coverage at all of the front 9. Now we get 3 hours (and I liked that USA stayed on until the entire field finished), and we get the chance to see all 18 holes.

I think that some tournaments go overboard with the amount of coverage. It becomes too much, and I usually don't even turn it on until the leaders are at least halfway through the front 9. For me, the Masters coverage is just about right.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

It just kills me that they are so high and mighty. They do what they want, when they want to. The golf public would kill for more coverage and it seems like that is the exact reason they don't give it to us. The strangest thing is the internet coverage. They are all about tradition, yet they do streaming video of Amen Corner. Not too traditional if you ask me. Don't get me wrong. I am happy that I can watch what they are giving me, it's just not enough.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

it it very poor, i just looked on the masters site and there is no coverage in my area very poo indead, just have to wait till 9....

r7 quad ht
r7 ti 5 wood
duel stiff rescue
ht irons
49 deg 56 deg anser putter pro v1 ball

Yeah, this ****ing SUCKS. We are having a huge party for the masters tomorrow, better have some good coverage then.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Whats even worse is here we are 10 years later and no Gary McCord. Tom Watson is not the voice of the Masters and Hootie is no longer running the "Toooonament."

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

I must admit I was a little surprised when I couldn't find it Friday afternoon. I worked a half day and went home to tune in to find it didn't start until 4:00. I thought perhaps USA would have it days 1 and 2 at 4:00 but another station (ESPN?) would have the earlier groups. I'm sure TV contracts, etc played a big part and that's too bad. However, I love the limited commercials tradition and the fact that USA stayed on until the very last group. So we ended up getting a little more than 3 hours on Thursday and Friday and I was satisfied with that.

I thought for sure that they would have full coverage on the weekend. 3:30 today? That to me was a bit more disappointing. Quite a few groups had already finished by then, including Goosen who as it ended up made quite a move. Oh well... I guess if it had started sooner I would have spent that much more time on the couch watching TV. Should be fun tomorrow but you have to admit this is setting up perfect for Tiger unless someone can emerge, ala Michael Campbell in the US Open a couple years back (similar scores too).

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

i am a bit surprised by the amount of coverage of the masters this year. it has been no secret that the masters tournament committee kept tight restrictions on the number of hours that are broadcast each year. it used to be no more than 12 hours. this year, they have had at least 7 hours on usa, usually no more that 4 hours, and the coverage today went till close to 8:00pm. already close to 12 hours and the final round is tomorrow. i am ecstatic with the amount of coverage this year. and tiger is in the final group. the weather is going to suck. this could be a great final round.

in the bag:
driver-titleist D2 10.5* w/aldila nv shaft
3-adams speedline fast 10 w/aldila shaft
hybrid-titleist 585 17* w/aldila shaft
irons-titleist 735cm w/ttdg s-300 shafts

wedges-cleveland 588, 53* and 60* w/ttdg shafts

putter-scotty circa 62 #1, gun metal finish

ball-pro v1

shoe-dryjoys

personally I disagree with that, this is by far the most popular tournament all year long and we're getting just as much coverage on the 1st 2 days as a normal PGA tour event. Further more, I felt the coverage was slightly sloppy, on Sat. (I think, possibly friday my sound was muffled) for the whole round and I kept getting a loss of signal message on my HDTV, could be just because of my location but, several shots were skipped and missed due to shotty camera work, trying to cram what players they could into a 3 hour schedule seemed like they were focusing on big name players only. And though the last day was flawless, the 1st 3 werent as good as they could've been. Also, consider we're getting 6 hours of US open, British and PGA coverage(last year).

Majors are an inside look at what we dont normally get to see, the internet... my PC is fast but even my high speed cable internet isnt enough to get a satisfying picture online so that for me wasnt even an option. Overall I was happy with what I saw but like i said it could've been alot better.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

I'm extremely disappointed, I mean this weeks tourney starts on the Golf Channel from 12:30-6pm Thursday/Friday? Seriously AT&T; must have shelled out some big bucks for this.

But it's weird that they couldn't just show more players, I hate when a tourney's on and 75% of the coverage is of the last group on each day. At the Shell Houston open it felt like that they showed a bit of everyone even thought it was basically match play on Sunday, but the Masters was a throwup of who was to win until the middle of the back nine on Sunday.
In the bag:

Driver: 905R 9.5* NV-Stiff
Woods: (Tour Issue) 906f2 15* Speeder-Stiff
Irons: 695CBWedges: Vokey 252.08, Vokey Spin Milled 256.14Putter: Studio Stainless 2.5 (35 1/2" 350g)Ball: Pro V1x (Low #'s)

I know this is an old thread but I thought I'd pipe in.

Coverage (or lack of) really surprised me. The Masters is special yet it got the same coverage as a normal PGA tour event. I think they will reconsider it for next year...

Note: This thread is 6215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!