IGNORED

CG14 pr Scratch Wedges???

Note: This thread is 4628 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm trying to decide between either a set of Cleveland Black Pearl CG14s or Scratch 8620 Milled Chrome wedges in 56* and 60* to replace my current (old) Cleveland CG10 set of wedges.  Anyone have any input on either of these wedges?  I've been pretty happy with my CG10s.  I'm particularly interested in any info on the Scratch wedges.

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

I play CG14 wedges, but have never hit any Scratch wedges.

In the Cleveland line, I have test-hit the CG 12, 14, 15 and 16 models. I like the CG14 because of the gold (or sometimes black) gel insert behind the clubface. This feels softer during shots, without costing me feel. I'm 60 years old, so I'm looking for ways to lessen stress on tendons.

On the standard CG14 heads, I have found I can open up the face a couple of degrees, or close it down, without the leading edge "rising up." Not as dramatic heel and toe relief as the DSG (dynamic sole grind) heads, but quite enough for the shots I try.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4628 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!