IGNORED

Advice on new set of irons.

Note: This thread is 4599 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been going to the golf range for a month now, pretty much 3x a week. I also sneak on to the golf course near where I live and practice every night chipping, putting, long and short irons. My swing is by no means perfect but I can hit the ball a good distance and have a consistant ball flight. I play a set of old irons called Wilson Aggressors http://valueguide.pga.com/detail-exec/brand/2775/product_type/205/model/43444/b/Wilson/p/Iron%20set/m/Aggressor

I know they're old but just don't know how old. They're described as game improvement clubs but when I compare them to modern day game improvement irons they look nothing alike.

Does anyone know anything more about these Wilson Agressor irons?

When at the range I go with my dad who plays with Mizuno MP52's, he lets me use them sometimes and I hit the MP52 irons ( which I think are for better players) even better than my so called game improvement irons.

So the questions I have are:

When it comes time to buying new irons should I stick to game improvement clubs, something like the Titleist AP1 or should I be looking at something that I can use as my handicap goes down like the Titleist AP2's?

Sorry for the long story, hope someone can help. Thanks guys! :)

It's all a matter of preference.  Personally, I like the SGI (Super Game Improvement) irons like Big Berthas, Pings, or Adams.  If you like the feel of yours and hit them consistently, like you mentioned, no real reason to change.  I'd recommend getting some rounds under your belt and go from there.

I have bought and sold a couple (used) sets on ebay until I found a set I liked.

Good luck.

Driver:  :callaway: Diablo Octane
Fairway Wood:   :adams: Speedline 3W
Hybrid:   adams.gif A7OS 3 Hybrid 
Irons:   :callaway:  2004 Big Bertha 4-LW

They make clubs todsy that combinate those 2! Looking at my own Irons they are like the first ones the taylormade tourprefferd ironns '09 Muscle back for game improfement but shape and feel of a forged blade! So i should go for an iron like mine, not for the blade irons they are just not Forgiving at all, i can know because i used blades before!

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

Just go to your local golf store (one that has a launch monitor) and pick out a few clubs that you like and hit them on the monitor and see witch (<~~ lol witch! Gotta love auto correct) one works best for you.

Note: This thread is 4599 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!