IGNORED

Dayton, OH

blcox
Note: This thread is 1729 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Any idea on what day we may be getting together to play. My woman already balked at the idea of me driving "so far" to golf but I never let that stop me :-p. I still want to get back up to Erie to sometime this year too. Depending on how many of us there are I may have a coworker willing to come if he can get away from his pregnant fiance! Told him about the site too so hopefully he joins.

The earliest for me is June 7th or 8th. After that it's June 22nd or the last two weekends in June. My weekends are pretty booked for the next 4 weeks.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The earliest for me is June 7th or 8th. After that it's June 22nd or the last two weekends in June. My weekends are pretty booked for the next 4 weeks.

That actually gives me a bit more time to try to tame my game. I'm still having a few blow up holes per round, but I think that's more due to not really doing any warm ups prior to tee off. I'm starting to feel the club "fall into the slot" more recently and am making solid contact again. I just have to get myself to warm up first to see if that helps me score a bit better.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

That actually gives me a bit more time to try to tame my game. I'm still having a few blow up holes per round, but I think that's more due to not really doing any warm ups prior to tee off. I'm starting to feel the club "fall into the slot" more recently and am making solid contact again. I just have to get myself to warm up first to see if that helps me score a bit better.

Yeah. I'm all over the board myself. I'm having blow up rounds with a few OK holes, so you're in good company. ;-) I'm heading to Oakland Hills in about a month and we're supposed to play a TPC course the day before. If I don't clean this up, I'll be shooting about 200 there.

I certainly don't mind traveling further too. I keep a Google Map with pins on all the courses I've played and love to drop new pins. I want to play Findlay CC some time since it's in the network of reciprocal private clubs I can play. I'll have to check on the guest policy. I'm good for anything though. I'll check with "She Who Must Be Obeyed" to see if June 7th or 8th work.

- Shane

Yeah. I'm all over the board myself. I'm having blow up rounds with a few OK holes, so you're in good company.  I'm heading to Oakland Hills in about a month and we're supposed to play a TPC course the day before. If I don't clean this up, I'll be shooting about 200 there.

I certainly don't mind traveling further too. I keep a Google Map with pins on all the courses I've played and love to drop new pins. I want to play Findlay CC some time since it's in the network of reciprocal private clubs I can play. I'll have to check on the guest policy. I'm good for anything though. I'll check with "She Who Must Be Obeyed" to see if June 7th or 8th work.

I haven't played up in Findlay in a long time, and the last time I played there I was probably shooting 110+ all the time. If it's a private club I'm not sure how I'd be able to play it though.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I haven't played up in Findlay in a long time, and the last time I played there I was probably shooting 110+ all the time. If it's a private club I'm not sure how I'd be able to play it though.

Just because it's a private club doesn't mean it's uber difficult. It simply means that you have to be a member or guest to play. At any rate, it looks like there are quite a few options up that way. Ever play Hickory Sticks in Van Wert?

- Shane

Just because it's a private club doesn't mean it's uber difficult. It simply means that you have to be a member or guest to play. At any rate, it looks like there are quite a few options up that way. Ever play Hickory Sticks in Van Wert?

Oh, I didn't mean to say it would be a crazy hard course, just that since it's private wasn't sure how'd I'd be allowed to play there unless it's as a guest with you? Nope, never played in Van Wert, though I've looked at it several times online and thought about it. I'm open to playing basically anywhere.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Ditto, just let me know. If we could bounce around from down here to up there to even out the travel differences I think that would work out great!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Oh, I didn't mean to say it would be a crazy hard course, just that since it's private wasn't sure how'd I'd be allowed to play there unless it's as a guest with you? Nope, never played in Van Wert, though I've looked at it several times online and thought about it. I'm open to playing basically anywhere.

I have access through a reciprocal agreement, but need to check if I'm allowed to bring guests. I guess some clubs allow it and others don't. Wyndemere is on the list too, so I'm ready for a serious road trip. :-D

- Shane

Ditto, just let me know. If we could bounce around from down here to up there to even out the travel differences I think that would work out great!!

Yep. I was looking at courses in between. I know a guy who works at Stillwater in Versailles (assuming he still works there). I wrote a handicap tracking system for him at another course years ago.

- Shane

Should have had an awesome 9 tonight, but totally shot myself in the foot on 2 holes. +9 45 which normally sounds right for me, but I had 2 quads in there. 1 for a lost tee shot and then the provisional was still in some trouble, 2 to get out next to green, chip on and 2 putt. And another one was a horrible drive in left rough then I topped my 2 hybrid, hit 2nd 2 hybrid semi decent to 60 yd out then proceed to fly the green with my sw, 2 more chips to get on the green and 2 putt.... Even with those 2 holes I still managed 56% GIR and 1.8 putts per green. I just need to make a better 2nd swing to advance the ball to a clear spot on bad tee shots and I'll be better. There was no roll on the course today, was so wet, I was hitting mostly 240ish carry drives which isn't great for me but except most of them left me with at least a decent 2nd shot. The real stand out thing was my putting.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Nice shooting there. Golf always seems to be a game of "those holes". Even on my lowest rounds, I tend to think about those few holes that could have made it better.

- Shane

Thanks, I downloaded the golf shot app and started tracking all my yardages *at least on good strikes* so that I can have a good solid idea of what I hit for distance for each club. It really seemed to keep me calm and focused to take the time to tag each start and finish for my shots as long as having the yardages front/center/back on the greens. Mostly right now the yardages for the clubs I hit were pretty much exactly what I expected because they are clubs I hit all the time. Right around 190 for 6i, 168 for 8i, 130 for AW, and right about 250 carry for my driver. But just having the reaffirmation that those are the actual distances made me much more relaxed over my shots.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Thanks, I downloaded the golf shot app and started tracking all my yardages *at least on good strikes* so that I can have a good solid idea of what I hit for distance for each club. It really seemed to keep me calm and focused to take the time to tag each start and finish for my shots as long as having the yardages front/center/back on the greens. Mostly right now the yardages for the clubs I hit were pretty much exactly what I expected because they are clubs I hit all the time. Right around 190 for 6i, 168 for 8i, 130 for AW, and right about 250 carry for my driver. But just having the reaffirmation that those are the actual distances made me much more relaxed over my shots.

Must be nice to have those yardages. My 8i goes about 140.

- Shane

The distances probably mean less than if I were more accurate ha. My irons have strong lofts though so the are actually basically 1 off what traditional lofted clubs.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Hey guys.  I'm new to the board but have lived in and around Dayton since '92.  Played quite of the few courses here in town and in the area.  I'm not a great golfer, but I do like to get out and play.  I live off of 35 in Walnut Hills so I can pretty much get to anywhere in 30 minutes or less in town. :whistle:

Welp, I'm at least feeling more consistent. Shot 44 in league tonight which is +9 on that course. I was steady 2 pars 2 doubles and 5 bogeys. My putting was dead on tonight, 1.6 putts per green. Would have been lower but I left a couple short because the greens were a lot slower than I was used to. I could have easily had a 41 or 42 if I had given those putts a little more and not duffed 2 of my chips. I felt good over all about the round, but I didn't tee off well and had 0 GIR due to the poor tee shots. For some reason I just never do all that well at this course, it's not a hard course just something about it.... Regardless I'm at least back to bogey golf where I left off last year and it's still fairly early in the season which gives me a lot more time to improve. [quote name="Whatnobeer" url="/t/53045/dayton/36#post_993356"]Hey guys.  I'm new to the board but have lived in and around Dayton since '92.  Played quite of the few courses here in town and in the area.  I'm not a great golfer, but I do like to get out and play.  I live off of 35 in Walnut Hills so I can pretty much get to anywhere in 30 minutes or less in town.:whistle: [/quote] Nice, now we have a foursome set up. Hopefully we'll all be able to get together sometime soon.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Awesome Jeremy! I had a good session on the range tonight. I like what I'm seeing on film. Sorry for the outdated term. Got it on film to upload to Evolvr to get that going. Welcome aboard. Per earlier discussion, I might be able to do the 8th of June for a trip up north. I'm running sound for two different bands on the 6th and 7th.

- Shane

Note: This thread is 1729 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!