IGNORED

Transporting clubs on a scooter

Golfz
Note: This thread is 3803 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I will receive my Yamaha Jog RR scooter tomorrow. I can't wait as it's the first vehicle I buy! Anyways, now that I will have a scooter, I can go to the course more often as I don't have to convince my parents to go golfing. But I am wondering how I will take my clubs with me. Does anybody have an idea on how I will be able to do this? Here is how the scooter looks: [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/170789/width/640/height/700][IMG]http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/170789/width/640/height/700[/IMG][/URL]

Do you always go to the same course?  You could see if they offer club storage to non-members.

I have no idea if the straps on a decent carry bag would be sufficient for trips like that but maybe others have direct experience.

Brad

The only thing I can think of is a pencil bag with rucksack straps sewn onto it so that it can be strapped to your back and rest on the pinion seat while you're riding. You'd probably also have to travel with a rain cover or somesuch on the bag to prevent anything from falling/flying out travelling against a headwind.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

How about some sort of mini-trailer you can tow behind that is big enough to hold your clubs?  I've seen these in the U.S. for bikes but would guess they could work on scooters as well.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Do you always go to the same course?  You could see if they offer club storage to non-members.

I will check wil my club, didn't know courses did that. [quote name="MiniBlueDragon" url="/t/53078/transporting-clubs-on-a-scooter#post_645968"]

The only thing I can think of is a pencil bag with rucksack straps sewn onto it so that it can be strapped to your back and rest on the pinion seat while you're riding. You'd probably also have to travel with a rain cover or somesuch on the bag to prevent anything from falling/flying out travelling against a headwind.

[/quote] I was too thinking about that but I thought it might be too high especially when I am traveling at 60kmph.I do remember seeing somewhere a hand carry bag which holds 5 clubs. It is an option. [quote name="newtogolf" url="/t/53078/transporting-clubs-on-a-scooter#post_645970"]

How about some sort of mini-trailer you can tow behind that is big enough to hold your clubs?  I've seen these in the U.S. for bikes but would guess they could work on scooters as well.

[/quote] Haha, I've seen that too for bikes, but they were not going faster than 20kmph :-P don't think that would work.

Check out this website one of their cargo trailers might work for you: http://www.motorcycletrailer.com/

Originally Posted by Golfz

Haha, I've seen that too for bikes, but they were not going faster than 20kmph don't think that would work.

Joe Paradiso

Ok,so they do exist. Not many things which don't exist, well yes, not a scooter golf club holder. But back to the trailer...I am not willing to spend more than 3 times the price of my clubs for a trailer :-P but they are pretty cool. What about holding the clubs between my legs?

Originally Posted by Golfz

Ok,so they do exist. Not many things which don't exist, well yes, not a scooter golf club holder. But back to the trailer...I am not willing to spend more than 3 times the price of my clubs for a trailer but they are pretty cool.

What about holding the clubs between my legs?

There's an argument there to say that you may not be in control of the vehicle as the clubs would restrict turning of the steering column. :(

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

ahhh i finally got my scooter today, sitting on it and holding the clubs, i figured the best way is by holding a few clubs at a time :P i cant transport my whole bag. At least i can carry a few clubs to begin with :P

I have some velcro straps and tie 4 clubs around my mountain bike frame. Works great. I'm sure you can come up with some kind of homemade hack to attach 4-5 clubs along the side of the scooter.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I don't have a scooter, but I've biked to my local range before.  I've done it with my full two strap bag, but that seems it would be dangerous at motorized scooter speeds.

One thing you might try that's worked great for me is to bring a few clubs in a yoga mat bag.  It's a perfect pencil bag.  You can carry it diagonally across your back, messenger bag style, and I've gotten driver, 4 irons, putter, 4-5 balls, and a water bottle in there and biked a few miles with it.  Obviously not optimal, and I'd look into the motorcycle luggage trailers for carrying your whole bag, but if you just want to go the range and chipping and putting greens, the yoga bag's a lighter, easy way to go.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Look into the smaller "Sunday" bags. some have dual straps so they can be carried easier. Most have built in rain/travel covers to keep your clubs secure and the size is much smaller than traditional bags so it shouldn't be TOO hard to carry while riding.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

I wish I took a picture of it, but once in my neighborhood, I saw a guy in an expensive suit riding a scooter carrying dry cleaning and on his cell phone at the same time. I forget how he managed it, but it was quite the head turner. And he was on Lexington Ave, which is pretty busy.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

All three of the options below are made for motorcyles, but might be able to be adapted to a scooter.

You could check this out.... Go Go Caddy

Go Go Cady

or this ( 2x2 cycles )...

MotorcycleGolfBagCarrier

or this ( ironhorse caddy ), a bag that splits in two and mounts on each side...

Ironhorse Caddy

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

Originally Posted by bradsul

I have no idea if the straps on a decent carry bag would be sufficient for trips like that but maybe others have direct experience.

I have seen people riding motorbikes with carry bags, and I do not see that as a problem. Especially when driving 50cc scooter.

You just have to remember higher center of gravity and also the width of the load. No passing between cars with the bag.

I ride my motorcycle with my bag on my back occasionally.  The bag I use is a normal stand bag with double straps.  I've ridden with a sunday bag once before and it didn't work all that well.  With the double strap I tighten the straps almost as tight as they go. The club side should be a little higher.  I also put a bag on the top of the bag that I bungie to the point where I can turn my bag upside down and the clubs stay in the bag.  The clubs just barely rest on the passenger seat and it works fine.

I've ridden about 50 min on the highway with my clubs on my back before.  I won't do that again as 70 mph for 30 min and my shoulders were killing me from the wind pushing the bag back.  I told my wife I want the 2x2 settup for christmas.

Note: This thread is 3803 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!