IGNORED

good driver on a budget

5ironkid
Note: This thread is 4558 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

hey guys. as you guys can guess by my username, im a kid. so i dont have alot of money. therefore i want to buy a good driver gut on a budget preferably under 50 dollars. so what are some good few year old drivers that work great for a middle of the line to begginer golfer

My clubs-

Driver- Cleveland XL270 

3 wood- Cleveland XL270 HL 3 wood

hybrid and irons-Cleveland Mashie 3 hybrid 

Adams a4r 4 hybrid-gw

wedges- a4r pw, gw, snakeyes 

Callaway x-series jaws 56 Degree, 60 Degree

putter- Oddessey metal-x 

If you have a Play it Again Sports near you then you should hit them up for a used one that is in good shape. I've seen quite a few name brand (Callaway/Titleist/Taylormade) drivers there for $40-100.

I got a Callaway Hyper X recently for $65 at a golf shop and it would have been around the same price if not a little cheaper at Play it Again Sports.

Hyper X 10º driver Diablo Edge 9.5º backup driver

Burner Rescue 3 hybrid 4-A irons 56º wedge 60º wedge CRAZ-E putter

You can also find good used Callaway Big Bertha Warbird/Steelhead drivers on Ebay.

Also check 3balls golf too.

I recently bought a well used Big Bertha Steelhead 5W for 8 bucks at 3balls.

Craigslist has good deals too but you just have to sort through the crap and look every day.

Sun Mountain Four 5

Driver: Ping G5 10.5* regular

3 Wood: Callaway Big Bertha Warbird 15* regular

5 Wood: Callaway Steelhead 17.5* regular

Irons: Ping Eye 2 3-W and Eye 2 SW

Putter: Ping Anser 4

Balls: Titleist HP2 Tour

Shoes: Footjoy Contour and Adidas Adicomfort 2

well i found a ft-5 on ebay for 50. is this a good deal

My clubs-

Driver- Cleveland XL270 

3 wood- Cleveland XL270 HL 3 wood

hybrid and irons-Cleveland Mashie 3 hybrid 

Adams a4r 4 hybrid-gw

wedges- a4r pw, gw, snakeyes 

Callaway x-series jaws 56 Degree, 60 Degree

putter- Oddessey metal-x 

Wishon  715 CLC-AXE5 A shaft -hard steppedt -44.5"
4 wood-Infiniti 17*-UST IROD A shaft-Hard stepped(2009 model)
Hybrids 19* & 24*-Trident DSW-UST IROD Hybrid A shaft-hard stepped (2009 model)
Irons-5-PW- Wilson Staff Progressive Forged-TT Release  sensicore( 5&6-Soft stepped R-7,8&9-R-wedge hard stepped R
Wedges-52*-Wilson JP BeCE(54* bent to 52*)-TT-Release sensicore-hard stepped R

56*Wilson R-61 BECU Sandy Andy- Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

60* Wilson Harmonized BECU-Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

Woods- Star Grips  Irons Energy Grips

:Putter-Rife IBF with Ping Blackout Grip-35"

Ball-Wilson Staff Zip Golf. or C-25

check out rockbottomgolf.com I've purchased several clubs from them and been happy with delivery time and quality of the purchase. They currently have the Nickent 4DX Evolver Driver for $59.99 (great driver for the price). Be sure to select the shaft flex and loft you prefer. [URL]http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/nickent-golf-evolver-driver.html[/URL] Reviews/discussions of 4DX Evolver Driver here: [URL]http://thesandtrap.com/t/32726/nickent-golf-4dx-evolver-driver[/URL]

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I recently picked up a 2nd generation Cleveland Launcher 460CC driver that is the same model as my current driver for $35 at Golf Galaxy. They tend to go for a little more on EvilBay though you can occassionly find them for under $50 there.

Originally Posted by uttexas

check out rockbottomgolf.com

I've purchased several clubs from them and been happy with delivery time and quality of the purchase.

They currently have the Nickent 4DX Evolver Driver for $59.99 (great driver for the price). Be sure to select the shaft flex and loft you prefer.

http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/nickent-golf-evolver-driver.html

Reviews/discussions of 4DX Evolver Driver here:

http://thesandtrap.com/t/32726/nickent-golf-4dx-evolver-driver

I couldn't agree more.  I was out yesterday and was hitting the Evolver long and straight.  I hit 12 of 14 fairways and just felt like I could let loose any time that I needed to.  RBG is a great place to buy as well.

Originally Posted by uttexas

check out rockbottomgolf.com

I've purchased several clubs from them and been happy with delivery time and quality of the purchase.

They currently have the Nickent 4DX Evolver Driver for $59.99 (great driver for the price). Be sure to select the shaft flex and loft you prefer.

http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/nickent-golf-evolver-driver.html

Reviews/discussions of 4DX Evolver Driver here:

http://thesandtrap.com/t/32726/nickent-golf-4dx-evolver-driver

I'll go with this one too.  I've never played a Nickent, but have heard nothing but great things about them.  And you certainly can't beat that price for a new driver!  Rock Bottom is a stand-up company too.

I was actually considering the Nickent 4DX Evolver a while back as well. Now I'm wondering if I should still give it a try or get either the Taylormade Burner Superfast or Taylormade Burner Superfast 2.0 at GolfGalaxy. The Superfast is $149.99 and the 2.0 is $299.99 with a $75 instant rebate. For the cost of these though, I can get a Nickent 4DX and a nice Callaway Jaws wedge or a few dozen balls from lostgolfballs.com. I'm not sure what I'm going to do myself here as I never hit the Evolver but love the sound/feel of the Taylormade drivers.

You can often pick up some older Mizuno drivers for less than $50 on Ebay.  This past summer I bought a MX-500 for $20 and its not at all uncommon to see MP-001s go for much less than $50.  Even to this day theres quite a few people who are still gaming the MP-001 and have absolutely no plans to upgrade until they snap the shaft or crack the face.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

• 3 weeks later...

+1 on the Nickent 4DX Evolver or regular 4DX (non-evolver). While I continue to experiment with drivers, I always keep one of these because I know they will find the fairway.

E-Bay, Craig"s list & Yard Sales.

2 weeks ago I purchased a Taylor Made R7 in R flex for $25.00. I had purchased several Mitsubishi shafts at Dick's on clearance for $10.00 each.

I re shafted the driver and can honestly say I hit it better than any driver I have every picked up before.

I have $40.00 invested in the club including the shaft and grip.

RockBottomGolf or Globalgolf.com would be my suggestion for quality second hand gear.  I just picked up a mint Dymo2 driver for $60.

Driver:Adams 9064LS 9.5 *stiff

3 Wood: Nike VRs

Hybrid: Adams A7 19*

Irons: Nike VRs Pro Cavity 4-AW

Wedges: Nike VR Pro 56'

Putter: Nike Method mc3i1

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

Bag: Ogio Assassin

How big are you? Still growing or are you done? Do you know what shaft you want? Regular flex? Stiff?

Rock Bottom has discontinued and closeout deals. That means it may have been the best thing going a few years ago but never sold. A new, but discontinued, driver from RBG could be a great deal. Keep checking back because selection and prices change.

But any club that does not fit your swing will cause problems. Find your swing speed (Golfsmith will test you for free if you are looking at their used drivers) and get the right stiffness of shaft. A $5 club at some yard sale with the shaft that fits your swing speed is better than the newest club that does not fit your swing.

And if you are small, don't rule out ladies clubs for their lighter weight. They do not all have ladies' markings and are often the exact same thing as a "junior" club.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Nickent 4dx evolver off of rockbottom golf

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

Note: This thread is 4558 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!