IGNORED

Shotly Grab Bag Deal

Note: This thread is 4561 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by scungi

If anyone would like my avatar, I am willing to sell it for $25 and I will throw in free shipping. Indeed it is worth $25, maybe even more. I don't have a warehouse with any in it, they are hand drawn. And if you don't like it, you are a dumbass, Thanks for the donation.

LOL!  Love it.

In the bag:
Driver:  Burner 10.5* Stiff     ||    3 Wood:  Burner 13* Stiff     ||     Hybrids:  Slingshot 17*, 21*, 24* Utility

Irons:  MX-300 5-PW     ||     Gap & Sand Wedge:  Spin-Milled Black Nickel 52.08* / 58.08*

Putter:  VP-09 Blade 33"     ||     Ball:  Penta TP

I'm feeling like I'm watching a guy get kicked when he is down. My natural instincts are to help. Yes, the lack of grace by calling someone a name is pretty bad customer service. Ok, more than pretty bad. Yes, it appears the grab bag promotion was not thought out very well. But I do not want to believe it was scam or in some way intentional in order to get a few thousand dollars out of these forums. Shotly has all the trapping of a real business and even on a shoestring, it takes more effort than a $7000 scam would be worth.

A screw-up is not the same as a cheat. Perhaps they just blew it. I, for one, hope they pull this together and make a go of it because I hate to see any business fail. And I hate to see a guy getting kicked when he's down.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

I agree .  I don't believe it was a scam and I believe they had good intentions when it started out.  They began to lose it when they stretched the truth a bit - like promising on their facebook page every item shipped would be worth at least $25 MSRP.  It's not easy getting a business of the ground, but one sure way to kill it is for the owners to abandon their customers when problems crop up or attack them.  Shotly had/might still have an opportunity to turn this around if they handle it properly.  If they continue to avoid these forums and their unhappy customers I doubt they will make it til the end of the year.

Originally Posted by rustyredcab

I'm feeling like I'm watching a guy get kicked when he is down. My natural instincts are to help. Yes, the lack of grace by calling someone a name is pretty bad customer service. Ok, more than pretty bad. Yes, it appears the grab bag promotion was not thought out very well. But I do not want to believe it was scam or in some way intentional in order to get a few thousand dollars out of these forums. Shotly has all the trapping of a real business and even on a shoestring, it takes more effort than a $7000 scam would be worth.

A screw-up is not the same as a cheat. Perhaps they just blew it. I, for one, hope they pull this together and make a go of it because I hate to see any business fail. And I hate to see a guy getting kicked when he's down.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think that is the biggest thing that has people worked up.  They said it would be at least a $25 grab bag and from the reports, most weren't.  I'm not sure how you can say bags would be worth $25 and then send a bag with a few mojo rocks or a top flight hat no one will ever wear and not expect people to scratch their heads and think they were misled.  There is so much decent random golf stuff out there for $25 or less that it boggles my mind that they send all this junk to people.  Their own site is selling Callaway tour balls for $20 a box, titleist umbrellas for $25, etc.  Not bad deals at all -- they presumably could have sent some of those items as the grab bags and people would have been happy.  Instead it looks like they went and rounded up a bunch of junk...and their payoff is multiple nasty threads full of complaints that will forever pop up whenever someone googles "Shotly."  Whoops.

Originally Posted by newtogolf

I agree .  I don't believe it was a scam and I believe they had good intentions when it started out.  They began to lose it when they stretched the truth a bit - like promising on their facebook page every item shipped would be worth at least $25 MSRP.  It's not easy getting a business of the ground, but one sure way to kill it is for the owners to abandon their customers when problems crop up or attack them.  Shotly had/might still have an opportunity to turn this around if they handle it properly.  If they continue to avoid these forums and their unhappy customers I doubt they will make it til the end of the year.

Originally Posted by rustyredcab

A screw up usually comes with remorse, they are not showing any remorse and are following these forums and FB closely regarding it.  Then their smug comments, not the lack of grace, but just poor poor business sense, lack of integrity.

They could still make up for it, I would be happy with a donation for the cost I put up, even the difference of the cost would still be $22 to something better then their pockets.

They have been much more reserved, and their outburst on FB about someone getting an R11 driver leads me to believe they have some decent items making there way out, but for some reason more people are going to be ticked about their brush tees then the few "gold" prizes that went out.

The more I read about how pretty much everyone got junk in their grab bag, the more pissed off I become. I would have laughed off my junk if I had seen others getting real prizes. So far, I have heard of only one guy getting any "gold" (the X22s). I purchased 2 grab bags with shipping for $55.00.

http://www.[spammysite].com/golftease.html for a whopping $2.99 (if your NOT buying in bulk.)

and

http://www.golftees.com/brushtdriver.html   for a whopping total of $5.99 (if your NOT buying in bulk.)

No second grab bag arrived in the mail, so I am assuming that was BOTH of my prizes were in one bag. Its not worth it to me to dispute the charges or go through the drama of getting my money back. I got burned. Sounds like most of us did. However, I will certainly never purchase and I will definitely spread the word about my dealings with SHOTLY in the future. It will cost them well more than the $55.00 dollars they made off of me.

Titleist 909D2 Driver,   Adams F11 3 wood,    Adams Pro Gold 3 hybrid,   ,

Mizuno JPX 800 Pros w/ KBS Tour stiff  4 - GW,   Nike VR Pro 54 & 58 Wedges, Nike Method 001 Putter,

Nike 20XI X ball in an Titleist Lightweight stand bag.

Email from PayPal:

Your seller has requested that this dispute be escalated to a claim. PayPal
may review any communication you've had with the seller in the Resolution
Center and contact you for additional information.

We will see how this goes...

I've never dealt with PayPal in this capacity before...how is a claim different from a dispute?

Originally Posted by jeffRRy

Email from PayPal:

Your seller has requested that this dispute be escalated to a claim. PayPalmay review any communication you've had with the seller in the ResolutionCenter and contact you for additional information.

We will see how this goes...

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

I'm not exactly sure either... but my dispute was just the first step, which notified Shotly that I was disputing the charges. Shotly then had the chance to rectify the dispute or escalate it. They chose to escalate it.

That's because they do not have the business sense to rectify the issue.  They blew their own reputation and are too dumb to realize it or care.

It'll be interesting to see what my bank says.  Haven't heard anything back yet.

Always changing:

It's not on Facebook, it is in the comments section on their own website under the Grab Bag deal page.

http://shotly.com/deals/the-first-ever-shotly-grab-bag-could-be-gold-or-could-be-old/

Scroll down to the 5th post by Shotly.

And then of course their brilliant move in showing a value of $250 at a 90% savings right at the top of the page.

BTW, I sent them a message through their website last week that they can send me a return label, I'll return the hat, and they can refund my money.  Have not heard back.  They're truly a class act that promises far more than they can deliver.  They are proving they cannot deliver anything they claim.

J Friday, September 9 2011

Is what we get worth $25?

Always changing:

Thanks GJ. If PayPal asks for anything, I will show them the PDF I just made of the listing and their comments! And I will make them ask Shotly for documentation proving how much it cost them for the CRAP I got...

THIS IS HILARIOUS:

1. Do you guys give out any odds on gold v. old? Trying to decide if it is smarter to put my paycheck down on black in Vegas or on a box from you guys! Haha.

• Lol, I’m going to say double down and buy 2? Seriously, though, no odds per say, everything will be at random. The one thing I will say is the more people that buy into this the larger the pool and the more gold there becomes than old.

How’s that for a non-committal answer?

Considering they sold 382 grab bags and were OVERWHELMED as per their dumb email about tracking numbers, etc... if they were so overwhelmed, don't you think according to their comment, that there should have been more gold than what we have seen... wtf... these guys are crooks!!!

They didn't even make $10,000 for the 382 bags they sold (@ strict 382 * 25).

Driver: :tmade: R11 9.0 - Bassara Griffin UL - Tour Stiff 3-wood: :tmade: R11 Ti 15.0 - JAVLNFX M6 - Stiff Hybrid: :tmade: Rescue Hybrid - JAVLNFX Hybrid - Stiff 4-PW: :mizuno: JPX 800 PRO - Nippon 1150 GH Tour - Stiff Wedges: :edel: 50/56/60 - Nippon WV 125 Putter/Ball/RF: :edel: / :bridgestone: B330 / :leupold: GX-3i

Originally Posted by Precis1on

They didn't even make $10,000 for the 382 bags they sold (@ strict 382 * 25).

In the long run, they will not have made anything because of a pissed off customer base.

Always changing:

So, I haven't been back through the thread lately....has anyone from Shotly replied here?  I ordered some balls off their site.  I filled out the contact form from their site as it has been a little while since I ordered and haven't heard back yet.  I also sent one of their reps here a PM and haven't gotten a reply here yet.  I was going to give it a little while longer and then dispute the charge with my credit card company.  Two of my items on the site have said "shipped" every since they were first ordered and one of the items still says "active."  Between this thread and no contact, I beginning to get concerned about receiving my order.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Doesn't look like he's been on for a couple weeks now. I'm hoping it's because he's fixing this mess... but that's just hoping.

Driver: :tmade: R11 9.0 - Bassara Griffin UL - Tour Stiff 3-wood: :tmade: R11 Ti 15.0 - JAVLNFX M6 - Stiff Hybrid: :tmade: Rescue Hybrid - JAVLNFX Hybrid - Stiff 4-PW: :mizuno: JPX 800 PRO - Nippon 1150 GH Tour - Stiff Wedges: :edel: 50/56/60 - Nippon WV 125 Putter/Ball/RF: :edel: / :bridgestone: B330 / :leupold: GX-3i

Note: This thread is 4561 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!