IGNORED

Ogio 14 Way dividers. How do you do it?

Note: This thread is 3847 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Would love to find out from those of you who own an Ogio with 14 way divider how you use it?

Looks like this:

7b1df055_photo.jpeg

There seems to be no putter well along the side of the bag and the center top divider opening is only a fraction bigger than the others; certainly not enough for a mallet putter or any putter head to fit comfortably. Whatever combination of setup I have tried the clubs still clatter into each other. The other slots seem to be pretty much all the same size.

So how do you do it?

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

From this angle you can see the center slots are slightly raised:

ogio-assassin-mens-cart-bag_639715_500.jpg

Here are a few layout ideas I'm toying with. If I can't figure out something simple and workable I'll be taking the bag back. Suddenly loving the simplicity of my current Woode divider on the Ogio Vaporlite.

Grouped:

Assassin-Grouped.jpg

Spiral:

Assassin-Spiral.jpg

Circle with longest in the middle:

Assassin-LongestInMiddle.jpg

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

I don't have one of these, but I've been thinking of getting one, so I'm curious to hear what others will say.

Personally, I like your "grouped" option best.

Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon

Grouped:

I don't like the bag.  It seems to force you to place your graphite shafted clubs in the middle of your irons.  Now your irons are likely to rub or bang against the shafts unless the head covers fully protect the shaft as well as the heads of your driver, hybrids, and woods.  I think the Woode system is probably better even though it doesn't have individual dividers.

I have experience with Ogio.  I have an Ogio Syncro 15 slot cart bag....2009 model I think.  I love the overall look and zipperless ball pocket. However, I have really come to dislike the narrow club slots that constantly snag clubs as I pull or place them.  I have jumbo grips which makes this worse.  On top of that, the individual slot dividers don't completely keep the clubs from snagging on each other either.  On top of that, the external putter well is strategically positioned to force my mallet putter head against the shaft of the nearest hybrid.  So I have to pull the nearest hybrid and put in in the putter slot and leave the slot next to the external putter well open while I'm golfing.

My next cart bag is going to be the biggest I can find with spacious slots and an external putter well that safely separates the putter from my clubs.  And the slots need to be laid out as if it they were designed by a golfer and not interns in the Marketing department looking for something "different and pretty."

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

There aren't too many bags on the market for a traditional setup (1w, 3w, 5w, 3-PW, S, L, P) and now that putters need a special slot because of awkward head shapes and delicate finishes, well, I think you're probably onto something with that large cart bag idea.

Originally Posted by Topper

I don't like the bag.  It seems to force you to place your graphite shafted clubs in the middle of your irons.  Now your irons are likely to rub or bang against the shafts unless the head covers fully protect the shaft as well as the heads of your driver, hybrids, and woods.  I think the Woode system is probably better even though it doesn't have individual dividers.

I have experience with Ogio.  I have an Ogio Syncro 15 slot cart bag....2009 model I think.  I love the overall look and zipperless ball pocket. However, I have really come to dislike the narrow club slots that constantly snag clubs as I pull or place them.  I have jumbo grips which makes this worse.  On top of that, the individual slot dividers don't completely keep the clubs from snagging on each other either.  On top of that, the external putter well is strategically positioned to force my mallet putter head against the shaft of the nearest hybrid.  So I have to pull the nearest hybrid and put in in the putter slot and leave the slot next to the external putter well open while I'm golfing.

My next cart bag is going to be the biggest I can find with spacious slots and an external putter well that safely separates the putter from my clubs.  And the slots need to be laid out as if it they were designed by a golfer and not interns in the Marketing department looking for something "different and pretty."

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I think(!) I've found an excellent solution which doesn't appear to be all that intuitive until the clubs are in the bag:

Assassin-AcrossCenter.jpg

When loaded with my clubs it looks like this:

Assassin-Loaded.jpg

I'm happy with that solution. It's not quite as neat as the Woode system but it's definitely good enough!

SWING DNA

In your setup above, does the putter face the back of the cart or the front?

I'd love an update after you've used it in a riding cart.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

I don't use a cart for golf, however based on the one time I did, the bottom of the bag would sit toward the back of the cart seat to enable access to pockets, ball silo etc. If that's the case the putter would be the first accessible club, followed by the wall of woods and then irons and finally wedges. The back of the cart seat would be at the bottom of the above photo.

On a trolley, the setup above would have the trolley underneath the wedges and the putter uppermost. Possibly a better trolley setup than cart setup.

I also received an incorrect and not fantastically useful reply from Ogio:

Quote:
Thank you for contact Ogio.  As with any top you can arrange your clubs to our liking but the suggest way would be the woods on one side and the irons on the other.

Sides? What sides?

One other strange thing on the bag is that the loading handle is underneath it, not on top. Probably a good reason for it but it's worth mentioning as it means having to use the carry strap to unload/load in and out of the car and (for me!) renders the loading handle useless. If I used the loading handle, all my clubs would spin around and clatter into each other, to then be spin back around and clatter into each other again when put on the trolley. May be different for cart users.

SWING DNA

Looks good but I would swap the 9 and PW over and it will be perfect

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

Originally Posted by Ash1974

Looks good but I would swap the 9 and PW over and it will be perfect

I thought the same thing when I looked at the diagram but looking at the picture with the clubs actually in the bag I like the way he did it better.  With his way, the PW sits further to the outside of the bag that the 9... so going straight across, he has 4 5 6 7 8 9 PW and they are just zig-zagged a bit.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't use a cart for golf, however based on the one time I did, the bottom of the bag would sit toward the back of the cart seat to enable access to pockets, ball silo etc. If that's the case the putter would be the first accessible club, followed by the wall of woods and then irons and finally wedges. The back of the cart seat would be at the bottom of the above photo.

On a trolley, the setup above would have the trolley underneath the wedges and the putter uppermost. Possibly a better trolley setup than cart setup.

I also received an incorrect and not fantastically useful reply from Ogio:

Sides? What sides?

One other strange thing on the bag is that the loading handle is underneath it, not on top. Probably a good reason for it but it's worth mentioning as it means having to use the carry strap to unload/load in and out of the car and (for me!) renders the loading handle useless. If I used the loading handle, all my clubs would spin around and clatter into each other, to then be spin back around and clatter into each other again when put on the trolley. May be different for cart users.

I suppose if you were to ride in a cart you could switch the wedges and the woods to make everything more accessible.... although I like the way that you have it now.

As far as Ogio's response to you, that kind of sucks... obviously you can put the clubs wherever you want but it'd be nice to know how they intended it to be done.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I actually would have reversed the woods and the wedges.  That way my tallest clubs would be in the back and I could access the shorter clubs without them being in the way.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

Originally Posted by Paradox

I actually would have reversed the woods and the wedges.  That way my tallest clubs would be in the back and I could access the shorter clubs without them being in the way.

Yup, for a cart that makes perfect sense and I'd do the same definitely.

For a trolley though if the woods and wedges were reversed and the woods were put at the bottom, all the clubs would hang down and bang into their graphite shafts so longest need to stay on top.

SWING DNA

That proves my point along with the fact we're still debating how to most effectively use their bag design. They didn't have anything in mind.  Interns in the Marketing department designed the club slots so that they were "different and pretty" from previous Ogio offerings.   Golfing has nothing to do with it.

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

As far as Ogio's response to you, that kind of sucks... obviously you can put the clubs wherever you want but it'd be nice to know how they intended it to be done.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

Yup, for a cart that makes perfect sense and I'd do the same definitely.

For a trolley though if the woods and wedges were reversed and the woods were put at the bottom, all the clubs would hang down and bang into their graphite shafts so longest need to stay on top.

when using a push cart don't you put the headcovers on after each use?

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

Originally Posted by Paradox

when using a push cart don't you put the headcovers on after each use?

Yeah I definitely do but I wouldn't take a chance on the head cover not being perfectly along the shaft. What happens if I don't notice that the cover sleeve has bunched up going into the cart or while walking it somehow rides up?

On a push cart the clubs are at 45 degrees or so on the cart anyway so as you're walking you have the view as shown in the photo above. It's very easy to stop the cart and grab any club needed in the layout I use as the longer clubs don't get in the way at 45 degrees. I'd imagine they would do when using the bag upright in a drivable cart though.

SWING DNA

• 6 months later...

I actually ordered an Ozone XX because of the Woode, but they ended up sending me a Grom XX by accident... I think I may just keep it and have been looking for tips on organizing the 14-way divider.  What do you think of this setup?  We'll call it the snake.

Grom XX.JPG

Looks good actually; I like the fact that all the irons are accessible without having to rotate the wood covers out of the way to see which iron you're taking (and which hole is empty to put the cluib back after a shot).

See how you get on with it on the course and let us know; I'm up for a bit of trial and error in the search for the perfect bag. :)

SWING DNA

Note: This thread is 3847 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!