IGNORED

Completely totalled a 2011 Burner 3 wood.(pic)

Note: This thread is 4600 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The face just blew apart, unbelievable. I was swinging normal(normal is still a very fast swing speed) and I guess this thing just couldn't handle it. Sucks because they are nice clubs to hit, I shape the ball nicely and put it anywhere I want to. This was off a low tee, so no rock came into contact, just pure ball.

310152_10150804947330253_556490252_.jpg?t=1315885566

• Upvote 2

that looks pretty wicked. bet it sounded crazy too. never broke a face but I did snap a shaft once trying to hit a "happy". shredded like a frayed rope. congrats. I like it. lol.

:callaway: BB Alpha 815 DBD 10.5* Rogue Silver 60 :callaway: x2hot 3deep 14.5* (TBD) :tmade: RSI UDI 20* RIP Tour 90 :bridgestone: J40CB 4-PW Steelfiber i95 :vokey: SM4 50* KBS Tour V :vokey: SM5 54* KBS 610 :vokey: SM5 58* KBS HI-REV 2.0 MannKrafted Handmade Custom

would have made a cool YouTube video.

:callaway: BB Alpha 815 DBD 10.5* Rogue Silver 60 :callaway: x2hot 3deep 14.5* (TBD) :tmade: RSI UDI 20* RIP Tour 90 :bridgestone: J40CB 4-PW Steelfiber i95 :vokey: SM4 50* KBS Tour V :vokey: SM5 54* KBS 610 :vokey: SM5 58* KBS HI-REV 2.0 MannKrafted Handmade Custom

are the faces welded? I'm sure not that far into the clubface but I thought all the faces of woods were welded to the body of the club. call tmade. maybe they will replace it. for free?

it was out of one of our rental sets at work that's never been hit yet, I was just testing the bad boys out. My boss is good friends with our TM rep so we got a bunch of sets to rent out for the summer at the course. It shouldn't be an issue to get it replaced.

A regular customer at work has busted 2 of them and 3 drivers. 1 regular R9 and 2 R11's.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

I golfed with a guy a few years ago that had the same issue. He swung so hard he caved in a driver and 3-wood almost every year. Crazy. FWIW, I have nothing but great luck with TM customer service with a couple of drivers in the past. They should be able to help you out.

Alan

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Are the grooves machined too deep maybe?

It looks to of broken right along them.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Been lurking a bit, but this piqued my interest.  I noticed what looks like a circular "explosion" of scratches on my Burner 2.0 faces on my driver, 3w, 3 and 4 rescues when cleaning them after my last round.  They weren't there before the round and I tried a new type of ball for probably 12 or 13 holes.  (same ball for first nine)  I was experiencing back spasms and my back was tight to start with so I wasn't swinging my fastest, that's for sure.  (Doubt I had a drive over 260, so not much speed that day.  Definitely, this wasn't a case of some big bomber going at it.

Anyhow, are some types of balls incompatable with these clubs?  It doesn't make sense to me, but I thought I would ask in the event that others have found this to be the case.

Originally Posted by Madhooker

Been lurking a bit, but this piqued my interest.  I noticed what looks like a circular "explosion" of scratches on my Burner 2.0 faces on my driver, 3w, 3 and 4 rescues when cleaning them after my last round.  They weren't there before the round and I tried a new type of ball for probably 12 or 13 holes.  (same ball for first nine)  I was experiencing back spasms and my back was tight to start with so I wasn't swinging my fastest, that's for sure.  (Doubt I had a drive over 260, so not much speed that day.  Definitely, this wasn't a case of some big bomber going at it.

Anyhow, are some types of balls incompatable with these clubs?  It doesn't make sense to me, but I thought I would ask in the event that others have found this to be the case.

Sandy/dirty golf ball. Clean your ball as best you can before hitting woods to avoid this.

Originally Posted by xxsoultonesxx

Sandy/dirty golf ball. Clean your ball as best you can before hitting woods to avoid this.

also, hitting woods fat off a tee box with a lot of sand raked in will do the same.

You did buy it from a reputable shop and not a crazy eBay discount by chance....the most popular clubs like the new TM's are the ones that the Chinese companies make fakes!

Driver: Cleveland Classic 270, 10.5*
Fairway Woods: Adams Speedline LP (3 & 5)
Hybrids: Wilson Staff Fybrids 21*, 24*, UST V2 stiff
Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour, 5-PW, Rifle Project-X (flighted) 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland CG15 DSG 52* & 58* +/- 56* Niblick

Putter: Yes! Amy

This is why i stay away from taylormade stuff haha thats sucks my friends R11 came loose inside but they replaced it for free though

Whats in the bag

Titleist 910D2 10.5* UST V2 76g s flex, Titleist 906f4 15.5* UST V2 90g s flex, Titleist 909H 19* voodoo s flex, Titleist 710 CB 3-PW, Vokey TVD 54*, Vokey 60.04 spin milled, Cleveland classic 2 35'', PROV1.

Note: This thread is 4600 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!