IGNORED

keeping warm in the winter is under armour any good?

Note: This thread is 4496 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i really want to play golf throughout the winter this year last year it was difficult because of wind, winter greens, winter t boxes and the cold so used a lot of layers which made me feel big and restricted. This year I wanna play like there is no cold.  Is under armour cold gear mock long sleeved top any good? is like wearing 3 jumpers at once?will i feel the cold as much?im just trying to evaluate if its worth the 30 gbp£

I played up thru December in NY. Snow made it impossible to go on. UA gear is great. I would also recommend some wind pants to put on top of your pants. UA compression cold gear mock shirt and a turtleneck and sweater you should be nice out there.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Yep I wear an Under Armour long sleeve top, with a normal golf polo and sleeveless jumper OR long sleeved jumper depending on how cold it is. It makes a big difference and has a slight turtle neck as well to keep the wind out.

If it is real windy I will put my waterproof trousers over my normal golf trousers also.

This is the one I have, although I look nowt like this

coldgearmockblack1119.jpg

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

Originally Posted by broombroom

Is under armour cold gear mock long sleeved top any good?

Does a bear poop in the woods?  Its Underarmour, so yes its great.  Yes, it keeps you warm and no, its not bulky.  Underarmour is expensive but its good stuff.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

UA is some of the best gear out there in general.  It's well worth the money, but man are they proud of it!

I use it not only for golf, but I also buy their hunting gear (which I think is acutaly more).

On a side note, their tennis shoes are comfy as well.

I need to pick another one up in white. Anyone in the Long Island, NY area know if they have hit stores again this year? I can't wait for the late October weather love it

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Quote:

...  Its Underarmour, so yes its great.  Yes, it keeps you warm and no, its not bulky. ...

Some small-college football players I know really like it - warmth without bulk.

Only thing: make sure you get the right "season" gear. Some is for warmth, some is for cooling in summer. One Sports Authority clerk had to check to make sure.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I bought one last year, because its garunteed that the first or second week of the golf league will be in the mid 40's with wind. I love it, i actually wear it to work sometimes, under my polo shirt, its very comfortable.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Bought 2 UA Cold gear. They work great in cold weather - far better than multiple layers of clothing that'll restrict your movement.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

UA gear is great! Probably my favorite apparel out right now. My only recommendation is to make sure you are aware of the wind conditions and carry a small windbreaker just in case. It will keep you warm but it won't block the wind

Driver:  R9 Supertri 10.5* -  909D3 9.5*

2 Hybrid:  2009 TP Rescue 17*

Irons:  R9 TP 3-PW

Wedges:  Vokey 54* & 60*

Putter:  2Ball Vline 34"

UA is great to keep you warm.  I wear it when I run in the cold weather and it keeps me warm but allows your skin to breathe.  I get most of it at UA Outlet stores as it the Cold Gear can get pretty expensive if you pay full price.

Joe Paradiso

UA makes great products, I own many many different types and styles of UA clothing.

But don't forget places like REI and others like it.  I also have a lot of REI branded clothing that performs just as good at a lower cost.  I spent over a decade with the sheriff's department search and rescue team, we had to dress for any type of weather at any time and be self sufficient for days.  So I already had a lot of the REI gear before UA became big.

Originally Posted by glock35ipsc

UA makes great products, I own many many different types and styles of UA clothing.

But don't forget places like REI and others like it.  I also have a lot of REI branded clothing that performs just as good at a lower cost.  I spent over a decade with the sheriff's department search and rescue team, we had to dress for any type of weather at any time and be self sufficient for days.  So I already had a lot of the REI gear before UA became big.

You cant even forget about place like Target either.  Target has a line of thermal base layers under the Champion brandname that IMO is almost as good as UA but costs 1/3 as much.  Ive got a few of them that I wear under my hockey jersey for outdoor skating and theyre plenty warm even when Im just skating with family and friends and not going flat-out like I would in a hockey game.

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by glock35ipsc

Good point, I almost forgot about the Champion brand.  I think some of my workout shirts are Champion.

Yeah, its good stuff and super cheap too.  I think the t-shirts are $15 and the long-sleeve shirts are $25.  Like I said, Ive got a few that I wear for rec ice skating and to when where I go to hockey games and theyre plenty warm.

Id love to support UA but I seriously question if its worth the extra $$$.

Last winter I played through early december in Massachusetts, wearing underarmour cold gear compression pants, two pairs of socks, than regular golf pants over them, and an underarmour cold gear compression undershirt, a regular golf shirt, then an underarmour cold gear golf pullover. That, plus footjoy winter gloves and my Northface beanie and I was all set and warm especially considering how thin everything was. Not restrictive at all. and I usually get cold easily.

WITB:

Fast 10 10.5* Driver  |  adams.gif Fast 10 15* 3 Wood  |  adams.gif Idea V3 19* Hybrid  |  titleist.gif 710 AP1 4-GW  |    55* and 60* Wedges  |  Lajosi KLP7J Putter

as mentioned above, U/A is pretty much the best of the best

little pricey, but 100% worth it

i workout in it, and seriously have over 20 shirts

also use it as a base layer in the winter for snowmobiling

great great product

"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

• 3 weeks later...

I actually have two under armour t-shirts and everytime I wear them to work out, I usually feel the material is a little harsh.  Do any of you feel this way?  Is the material probably from the type of t-shirt I get?  I'm assuming that long sleeve gives a much smoother feeling?

Note: This thread is 4496 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!