IGNORED

keeping warm in the winter is under armour any good?

Note: This thread is 4524 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by TitleistWI

You cant even forget about place like Target either.  Target has a line of thermal base layers under the Champion brandname that IMO is almost as good as UA but costs 1/3 as much.  Ive got a few of them that I wear under my hockey jersey for outdoor skating and theyre plenty warm even when Im just skating with family and friends and not going flat-out like I would in a hockey game.

Amen to the Champion line at Target.  For cold weather golf this year I bought their base layer long sleeve shirt (moisture wicking material) that fits tight but doesn't feel tight (if that makes sense).  I throw either a polo or tshirt over top of it.

Then they make a light/medium layer jacket that fits pretty nice and snug (great for golf because it doesn't get caught up during a swing).

2 thumbs up to Target !!

I got both for around $42 with tax.

Last time I golfed it was in the low 40's and windy.  When the sun popped out I got a little warm and removed the base shirt.  As the wind picked up and sun went behind a cloud holy crap did I realize how warm that base shirt kept me warm and kept the wind off my skin.  I immediately thew it back on and was nice a toasty again.

Also, another cheap option I found yesterday was at Marshalls.  They sell alot of Nike, Adidas, UA and other name brand base shirts for roughly $15-25.

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

• 1 month later...

Originally Posted by broombroom

i really want to play golf throughout the winter this year last year it was difficult because of wind, winter greens, winter t boxes and the cold so used a lot of layers which made me feel big and restricted. This year I wanna play like there is no cold.  Is under armour cold gear mock long sleeved top any good? is like wearing 3 jumpers at once?will i feel the cold as much?im just trying to evaluate if its worth the 30 gbp£

Under armor gear is great for golf, hunting, etc in cold weather.

Taylormade R11 Driver

Taylormade Superfast 5W

Taylormade Superfast 2.0 #4 21* hybrid

Callaway Razr X #5 24* hybrid

Titleist CB 712 irons

Titleist Vokey 54* & 58* Wedges

Scotty Cameron California Sea Mist Del Mar

Absolutely can't stand underarmor - it's like compression fit ultra tight underwear.    I just wear long sleeved tee shirt and layers up here when it gets real cold ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by glock35ipsc

Good point, I almost forgot about the Champion brand.  I think some of my workout shirts are Champion.

+1 for the Champion stuff from Target. I have a couple of long-sleeve mock necks that are on par with the UA stuff.

Note: This thread is 4524 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!