IGNORED

Can't stop buying iron sets!

longbow
Note: This thread is 4133 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I know your pain....and agony...and ecstacy. My wife constatntly refers to my golf corner in the garage.....I think I only have 3 complete sets of irons but have 4 sets of wedges, 9 putters, several hybrids and a handful of drivers & fairway woods.....plus a junior set. Last week my Golftec instructor said my Cobra S2 was 2 in too long and that I should replace my 3 & 5 woods with a 4 wood....so I looked at a trade at Golfsmith...found a Titleist 909 driver & 4 wood......they offered me them at $200 polus a trade-in Cobra S2 driver & Cobra S9-1 3 wood. I almost pulled the trigger, when I realized that even at 46 in, the Cobra S2 is getting me 220-235 yds off the tee and mostly straight.....so I backed off. But the deal is still in my head......and the voodoo shafts on the titleist looked sweet. I do know that I must clean out my stuff......going to give the oldest iron set (big bertha knockoffs) to my 14 yr olf grandson...... if i have some dead time, i find myself searching ebay for the next deal....especially while watching a baseball game.... and it goes on & on & on....

I'm pleased to say that I've had the same set of irons for a full year now. Unfortunately went nuts in the 3-wood department: [LIST=1] [*] 2008 Burner [*] Fast 11 [*] Mashie #1 [*] G-15 [/LIST]

:tmade: SLDRs 14* driver, 17* fairway, 19* and 22* hybrids | :odyssey: Versa White #1 putter

:nike: XR Pro 24*, 27*, 31*, 35.5*, 40*, 45*, 50* irons | :vokey: SM4 54*, 58* wedges

I've been doing much the same I'm afraid.... Started golfing again about 3 months ago. Decided my old Hogan Apex's needed replacing, got a scorching deal through a friend on some new Cleveland CG1 Tours. No sooner had they arrived than I got some second hand Miuras - also a screaming deal and I think these are keepers especially now I've had them fitted for lie and loft. Drivers have also come and gone, first a Cobra something, then a Titleist 907 D2 which was nice but shaft is too soft, then a Nakashima with Aldila XS shaft which may be too stiff, now I've got a Mizuno MP001 on the way because I hit a playing partner's last week and it went like a rocket, that was only £16 though.... Beautiful pair of Epon 3 and 5 woods, Titleist 906 FW, Hogan hybrid. Then there's been a few wedges, putters, and shedloads of lake balls.... Anyhow, there is a grand plan and I think the end is in sight; sheeeit, thinking about this makes me think it has all been a bit mad....

Here we go again........just pulled the trigger on a new Cobra S2(note that I already have one with 10.5*) 11.5* for $60 shipped. Want to see if the higher loft has any effect.

I guess I'm the only one who hangs on to clubs for a while. My driver is from before the fat heads invaded, the 3 wood has got to be nearing 10, and my 5 wood is one of Adam's first designs. I bought it used; it has the patent numbers stamped into the bottom of the club head. My irons are only a few years old, though. Wedges are brand spanking new. I was fortunate enough to have a B-day and someone got me the Watson set.

I haven't bought a golf club in quite some time. Although, today I did drop off my Driver and Woods to be re-shafted. :)

Driver: :adams: Speedline F11 9.5* loft 3 Wood: :adams: Speedline F12 15* Hybrid: :adams: Idea Super Hybrid 17* - Used in place of my 5 wood Hybrid: :adams: Idea A1 i-wood 21* Irons: :adams: Idea A1 5-PW Wedges: :adams: Watson 52*, 56*, 60* Wedges Putter: :tmade: Rossa Lambeau, Black

I finally just graduated from college so I replaced the clubs I've had since 7th grade (and a couple upgrades along the way that my dad didn't like). Hopefully I won't go on too big of a buying spree now that I have my set :).

Driver: :tmade: R11 9.0 - Bassara Griffin UL - Tour Stiff 3-wood: :tmade: R11 Ti 15.0 - JAVLNFX M6 - Stiff Hybrid: :tmade: Rescue Hybrid - JAVLNFX Hybrid - Stiff 4-PW: :mizuno: JPX 800 PRO - Nippon 1150 GH Tour - Stiff Wedges: :edel: 50/56/60 - Nippon WV 125 Putter/Ball/RF: :edel: / :bridgestone: B330 / :leupold: GX-3i

I finally just graduated from college so I replaced the clubs I've had since 7th grade (and a couple upgrades along the way that my dad didn't like). Hopefully I won't go on too big of a buying spree now that I have my set :).

Congrats on the graduation; you have an awesome set of clubs there!

:tmade: SLDRs 14* driver, 17* fairway, 19* and 22* hybrids | :odyssey: Versa White #1 putter

:nike: XR Pro 24*, 27*, 31*, 35.5*, 40*, 45*, 50* irons | :vokey: SM4 54*, 58* wedges

That's funny......

I've owned two sets of irons over the past 15yrs.   I played the same set of Tommy Armour 855s from the mid-90's-2008, and Mizuno MX-25's since.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I was doing fine until this past year.  Between the mid 90's and this year I owned one set - my trusty Zing2s.  Not counting those, I'm on my 4th iron set this year.  Fortunately, I only took a hit on one set and it wasn't too bad of a hit.

:tmade: SLDR 12* :ping: G20 4W :adams: Speedline Super S 4H :mizuno: JPX-825 Pro 4-G :tmade: ATV 56* & 60* :cameron: 2014 Select Newport or 1997 Teryllium 3 Newport

Get the Mizunos tuned up. Since I had my old MP-11s lengthened, my Clevelands haven't left the basement. I forgot how truly awesome those irons were (are).

http://bit.ly/oSb4Kk

Originally Posted by RyderJ

LOL...I think I'm finished for a while...at least until I can afford a newer set of Mizuno's or some Yonex's. I needed to get a better set of clubs than the Ram Laser's I purchased when I was getting back into the game. Now I have a set I'm happy with and will hopefully last a while. I'll probably end up re-shafting and re-gripping my Mizuno's , but other than that I'm good for a while.

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtogolf

LOL I made the same promise after buying a few sets of irons and hybrids over the summer.  It's been a month and so far I've kept it, but it hasn't been easy.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• 4 months later...
I'm pleased to say that I've had the same set of irons for a full year now. Unfortunately went nuts in the 3-wood department: [LIST=1] [*] 2008 Burner [*] Fast 11 [*] Mashie #1 [*] G-15 [/LIST]

More to the story. This is embarrassing, but confession is good for the soul. [LIST=1] [*] 2008 Burner [*] Fast 11 [*] Mashie #1 [*] G-15 [*] Mashie #2 [/LIST]

Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon

I don't even have the excuse of clubs being cheaper on eBay! So far this year I've:

- Replaced old Nike SQ Sumo irons with Yonex VMS irons.

- Bought a Yonex Nanospeed 3i 3W.

- Got fit for a driver and bought a Mizuno JPX800 driver.

- Loved the driver and so got fit and bought the 3W JPX800.

- Sold the Yonex Nanospeed 3i.

- Loved both the JPX800 driver and 3W so bought a 3H JPX800 too.

- Tried out and loved the Ping Half Wack-E putter. Bought it.

- 7x MP-59 irons with S300 shafts and NDMC grips

- 3x R12 White Satin Wedges with NDMC grips

- 1x Bettinardi Black Carbon BC2 putter

- 1x YES! C-Groove Callie putter

- 3x Reshafts of my Driver, 3W and 3H to be done

This lot is my last purchase for several years... Promise!

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Originally Posted by Kujan

More to the story. This is embarrassing, but confession is good for the soul.

2008 Burner

Fast 11

Mashie #1

G-15

Mashie #2

Confess away.  GF/wives/significant others are banned from this site.  Your secret is safe with us.

:titleist: :scotty_cameron:
915D3 / 712 AP2 / SC Mont 1.5

This is a funny thread. I had a set opf DCI blacks , and loved them. Decided to buy a new set, and wound up purchasing the Cleveland TA 7 irons because a friend had some and I liked the way they felt. That wore off immediately, and those got sold on Ebay. I now have a set of Hogan Apex Edge Pro's that are awesome . I cannot get away from the forged irons. I wore out a set of Titleist Tour Models before I  bought the DCI blacks. I have bought numerous putters and have finally stuck with one I now use.

Usually for me, its a three year window, after 3 years i see if something is out there.. I just got a new 3-wood last year, this year i am looking at irons. Those mIzuno's and Ping I20's look awesome

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4133 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!