IGNORED

Can't stop buying iron sets!

longbow
Note: This thread is 4127 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Been golfing since September 2009

No name brand of clubs from Sportchek - $120

No Name putter from Sportchek - $20

Wilson Staff Spine Driver - $150

Nickent 4DX Driver - $100

Nike Slingshot Iron Set - $400

Powerbilt Performance 52* - $40

No name 56* SW - $30

Nike VR STR8 Fit Driver - $180

Nike Ignite 2 Putter - $90

Powerbilt Performance 60* - $40

Adams Speedline Fast 10 Driver - $130

Wilson Staff Ci9 Irons - $500

Nike VR 2 Hybrid - $130

Adams Tom Watson 54* - $40

Nickent 4DX Evolver Driver - $70

Nikent 4DX 3 Wood - $50

Nickent 3DX 3 Hybrid - $40

Wilson Staff 8882 Putter - $50

Need a 58* now instead of my 60*...that will come soon and so will a 4 Hybrid

WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY MONEY

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Confess away.  GF/wives/significant others are banned from this site.  Your secret is safe with us.

Thank you brother!

:tmade: SLDRs 14* driver, 17* fairway, 19* and 22* hybrids | :odyssey: Versa White #1 putter

:nike: XR Pro 24*, 27*, 31*, 35.5*, 40*, 45*, 50* irons | :vokey: SM4 54*, 58* wedges

• 1 month later...
More to the story. This is embarrassing, but confession is good for the soul. [LIST=1] [*] 2008 Burner [*] Fast 11 [*] Mashie #1 [*] G-15 [*] Mashie #2 [/LIST]

The 3-wood beat goes on... [LIST=1] [*] 2008 Burner [*] Fast 11 [*] Mashie #1 [*] G15 [*] Mashie #2 [*] i20 [/LIST]

:tmade: SLDRs 14* driver, 17* fairway, 19* and 22* hybrids | :odyssey: Versa White #1 putter

:nike: XR Pro 24*, 27*, 31*, 35.5*, 40*, 45*, 50* irons | :vokey: SM4 54*, 58* wedges

I find myself driving past second hand golf stores that aren't on the way home.

Irons... drivers... putters... you name it, I've got a pile of it in the basement.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I had to sing to my AP1s.....

I think I did it again.I made you believe
We're more than just friends.
Oh, baby;
It might seem like a crush,
But it doesn't mean
That I'm serious.

So yeah, I've moved on to a set of TaylorMade MCs. I had the rare opportunity to buy some barely used MCs for a steal and jumped on it. And when I say "barely" I mean BARELY . I'm not sure if they'd hit more than a couple balls. The TaylorMade sticker was actually still on the shaft/hosel area of the 7 iron.

So.....anyone want to buy a set of AP1s?

:tmade: SLDR 12* :ping: G20 4W :adams: Speedline Super S 4H :mizuno: JPX-825 Pro 4-G :tmade: ATV 56* & 60* :cameron: 2014 Select Newport or 1997 Teryllium 3 Newport

• 2 weeks later...
The 3-wood beat goes on... [LIST=1] [*] 2008 Burner [*] Fast 11 [*] Mashie #1 [*] G15 [*] Mashie #2 [*] i20 [/LIST]

[LIST=1] [*] 2008 Burner [*] Fast 11 [*] Mashie #1 [*] G15 [*] Mashie #2 [*] i20 [*] Burner Superfast [/LIST]

It's been about 10 days since my last club purchase.  Problem is I will be in Charleston tomorrow and I cannot refuse the temptation of browsing Dick's.  Love their golf department and I do not have much restraint.

Luckily I have no one to answer to but myself.  No wife, no girlfriend, no kids...just me and my wallet!

Hi I'm _______ and I am a golfaholic :p I am not so much a club hoarder but a over analyst. I take forever to pull the trigger. You guys are funny though.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I'm saved!  Thank you Salvation Army!

I'm down to a set of CB's and MB's - who knew they accepted golf clubs, no questions asked!

"Quick Dorthy....the oil can!"

• 4 months later...
[LIST=1] [*] 2008 Burner [*] Fast 11 [*] Mashie #1 [*] G15 [*] Mashie #2 [*] i20 [*] Burner Superfast [/LIST]

Updated list of 3-woods :-O [LIST=1] [*] 2008 Burner [*] Fast 11 [*] Mashie #1 [*] G15 [*] Mashie #2 [*] i20 [*] Burner Superfast [*] Burner Superfast 2.0 4-wood 16.5* [/LIST]

I'm all the time looking but too frugal to pull the trigger unless it's a steal.

I recently replaced my 1993 set of Tommy Armour 845s with a set of Ping I3 blades.

Now I'm starting to hit the ball better and have been drooling over a set of Mizuno MP-59s. Damn, those are sweet looking clubs.

• 2 months later...

Fresh from a recent round of 'negotiations' with my wife, I would like to say to all those who frivolously acquire any and all golf equipment needed/not needed, within means/beyond means:

CARRY ON. BUY MORE.  YOU KNOW IT WAS A GOOD IDEA.  DID ANYONE FEEL THE ORCHESTRA OF THE SENSES WHEN YOU PURED THAT 4 IRON INTO THE GREEN ON THE #1 HANDICAP HOLE AT YOUR COURSE, OTHER THAN YOU? NO. HOW COULD ANY LOVED ONE / DEACON / COUNSELOR / THERAPY GROUP LEADER / FINANCIAL ADVISOR DOUCHEBAG / FIDUCIARY / PARENT / CHILD / DOG / NON-GOLFER UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT THE PARTICULAR MOLECULAR STRUCTURE AND VOODOO INVOLVED IN A CERTAIN CLUB DELIVERING YOU THE CERTAIN TYPE OF COSMIC FEEDBACK THAT CAUSED THE LIKES OF JIMI HENDRIX TO NOT ONLY LOVE HIS GUITAR, BUT..TO....SET IT ON FIRE!  SET IT ON FIRE!  HAVE YOU EVER SET A PITCHING WEDGE ON FIRE? NO!  HAVE YOU DESERVED TO? @#$^ YES, YOU HAVE!

ahem.  cough. Anyway, explain to your wife that JIMI HENDRIX, and you will not SET THEM ON FIRE, and you will probably just SELL THEM AT A SLIGHT LOSS of it doesn't work out.  And click the 'buy it now' button until it feels like a sin.

with imbibement,

craven

• Upvote 3

Originally Posted by JerryCraven

Fresh from a recent round of 'negotiations' with my wife, I would like to say to all those who frivolously acquire any and all golf equipment needed/not needed, within means/beyond means:

CARRY ON. BUY MORE.  YOU KNOW IT WAS A GOOD IDEA.  DID ANYONE FEEL THE ORCHESTRA OF THE SENSES WHEN YOU PURED THAT 4 IRON INTO THE GREEN ON THE #1 HANDICAP HOLE AT YOUR COURSE, OTHER THAN YOU? NO. HOW COULD ANY LOVED ONE / DEACON / COUNSELOR / THERAPY GROUP LEADER / FINANCIAL ADVISOR DOUCHEBAG / FIDUCIARY / PARENT / CHILD / DOG / NON-GOLFER UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT THE PARTICULAR MOLECULAR STRUCTURE AND VOODOO INVOLVED IN A CERTAIN CLUB DELIVERING YOU THE CERTAIN TYPE OF COSMIC FEEDBACK THAT CAUSED THE LIKES OF JIMI HENDRIX TO NOT ONLY LOVE HIS GUITAR, BUT..TO....SET IT ON FIRE!  SET IT ON FIRE!  HAVE YOU EVER SET A PITCHING WEDGE ON FIRE? NO!  HAVE YOU DESERVED TO? @#$^ YES, YOU HAVE!

ahem.  cough. Anyway, explain to your wife that JIMI HENDRIX, and you will not SET THEM ON FIRE, and you will probably just SELL THEM AT A SLIGHT LOSS of it doesn't work out.  And click the 'buy it now' button until it feels like a sin.

with imbibement,

craven

Brilliant. You've been here over 1 year, and this is your 1st post? Very insightful about the financial advisor douchebag and the cosmic feedback. Drink up, and I look forward to more...

dak4n6

Updated list of 3-woods :-O [LIST=1] [*] 2008 Burner [*] Fast 11 [*] Mashie #1 [*] G15 [*] Mashie #2 [*] i20 [*] Burner Superfast [*] Burner Superfast 2.0 4-wood 16.5* [*] G15 4-wood 17* [/LIST]

Originally Posted by Kujan

Updated list of 3-woods

2008 Burner

Fast 11

Mashie #1

G15

Mashie #2

i20

Burner Superfast

Burner Superfast 2.0 4-wood 16.5*

G15 4-wood 17*

Kujan...  What are you doing??  Once you buy a new one you just get rid of the old ones??  Atleast get an RBZ on that list!

Originally Posted by JerryCraven

with imbibement,

craven

You seem angry...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I usually sell them off. I've got to slow this insanity down. I like the lower profile of the G series.

Note: This thread is 4127 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!