IGNORED

My Swing (MiniBlueDragon)

MiniBlueDragon
Note: This thread is 3359 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Shaft is definitely the main reason. I hit the Mizuno EZ driver today and hit the 10.5 with regular shaft way too high. Based on my Trackman numbers the fitter suggested I should try his own X-Stiff shaft with 9.5 degree head which I hit great but by far the best for me was the 9.5 degree head with stock stiff shaft with no adjustment (I hit it best set on 'standard'). From my own driver to this I picked up a whopping 30 yards. I'm now selling everything I can on eBay to get the cash together for one! lol

I'm also thinking the fact that my current driver shaft is a 60g stiff flex but with 2in cut off the butt hasn't helped as the trimming has probably made the club even stiffer than it was already.

The Fujikura Orochi Black Eye shaft in the EZ is 5g lighter and 2 inches longer so the flex I presume is far more suitable and the 9.5 degree face keeps the ball down nice and low instead of ballooning.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

In desperate need of some feelings or thoughts to get my left shoulder lower during the follow through at the moment. :(

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

I don't know if this 20sec Ernie video speaks to you at all?

"There is no reason to listen to me. I am merely voicing my opinion on certain aspects of golf mechanics that I have experimented with along with others I have read about and watched." - freedrop, on himself [Source]

User was banned February 22, 2014 for multiple violations.

@MiniBlueDragon , can you post a video? You left shoulder alignment into the followthrough may not actually be much of an issue.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Love Ernie's swing! *le sigh* Thanks @freedrop

@mvmac I have the video from the screenshots above with me feeling like I'm deliberately swinging as far left as possible to flatten the shoulders if that helps (normal ball flight is a push draw so don't pay too much attention in the video)

SWING DNA

Pretty good stuff  MBD...I see an arm swing,...no leg drive whatsoever,...I see a dead straight right leg when at the top with weight on the back right heel,(I get no leg drive from this position either when I try it).If you are copying Hogan you know the hips make the first move on the way down as the club just finishes reaching the top....need to shorten that swing as well.

These are my main observations ....oh and your left wrist/forearm at takeaway from address rotate too soon,if you had a wrist watch on we should not be able to see the face until after the hands get past the right thigh.Arnold Palmer said if you get the first two feet of takeaway correct-you've got it.....anyway as I say these are just observations.

"There is no reason to listen to me. I am merely voicing my opinion on certain aspects of golf mechanics that I have experimented with along with others I have read about and watched." - freedrop, on himself [Source]

User was banned February 22, 2014 for multiple violations.

Hips are too square at impact, think implementing these feels will help with that and the shoulder angles you are seeking.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Hips are too square at impact, think implementing these feels will help with that and the shoulder angles you are seeking.

Thanks @mvmac.

Iacas posted this excellent video on the last page and I agree completely with it but can't seem to add the pivot element to the swing to get the hips and shoulders more open by impact. That's the feeling I'm struggling with at the moment. :/

SWING DNA

• Administrator

Just freeze frane your swing at impact, your hips have not rotated you are facing the ball squarely the mistake most amateurs make.

We told him that already. Scroll up one or two posts.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

We told him that already. Scroll up one or two posts.

I wanted to show him in pics where pros are and where he is. Pics are worth a thousand words. So he got 4k words in those 4 pics. Now he can clearly see his impact compared to pros. They are hips 45+ degrees toward target impact and he is square to ball. Their back heels lifted showing weight has transferred his is flat showing weight still on back foot.

• Administrator
I wanted to show him in pics where pros are and where he is. Pics are worth a thousand words. So he got 4k words in those 4 pics. Now he can clearly see his impact compared to pros.

And we've posted a video. It has many pictures. ;-)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Let the OP decide if my post and pics helped him. It shows his main problem. IMPACT Until he has his weight cleared onto his left side at IMPACT he won't have a consistent swing. As pros say, golf becomes a fun game once you learn to clear the hips.

• Administrator
It shows his main problem. IMPACT

Do you not realize the video shows the same thing? That was my point. You're not saying anything new (which is good in some ways).

The video doesnt show his impact position. I gave him what he needs, his exact impact fault. i showed him what the best swings look like at IMPACT. All you want to do is criticize me for whatever reason. Let the OP decide if my post helped him.

• Administrator
The video doesnt show his impact position.

I guess you didn't watch the video. Oddly, you don't even have to. Look at the picture in picture: I wasn't saying that in this case were giving bad information. I was simply saying that we had already given him this information.

I guess you didn't watch the video. Oddly, you don't even have to. Look at the picture in picture: I wasn't saying that in this case were giving bad information. I was simply saying that we had already given him this information.

Telling them the average tour impact position is 40 degrees is what your video says. The elite players are more as my pics show. Yet in other threads you downplay the hips to target as low as 20% open as your video says, its more properly explained imo as toward the target not open. You gave him your groups #2 key, which you label weight forward. I dont explain the swing as you do, I explain it as impact only. Correct impact fixes many flaws. While your key is weight forward, I tell people it's weight forward and you know it is by being 45+ degrees toward the target with hips or belt buckle with the back heel being risen showing the weight has transferred at impact. IMPACT is all that matters, there are many paths to a good IMPACT position. Thats why you have 150 swings on tour. Yet only at impact every tour level swing is identical, thats 40+ degrees toward target and back foots heel risen. Your video attempts to explain the very open impact positions of elite players, my pics SHOW IT. Nothing wrong with your video, but it misses the back heel being risen and it diesnt show the extreme open impact position top pros hit. Keep showing your video, if you want to perfect it point to images of pros too and show that back foot being risen and that belt buckle over 45 degrees toward target.

While your key is weight forward, I tell people it's weight forward and you know it is by being 45+ degrees toward the target with the back heel being risen showing the weight has transferred at impact.

IMPACT is all tgat matters, there are many paths to a good IMPACT positikn.

Your video attempts to explain the very open impact positikns of elite players, my pics SHOW IT.

Nothing wrong with your video, but it misses the back heel being risen and it diesnt show the extreme open impact position top pros hit.

Keep showing your video, if you want to perfect it point to images of pros too and show that back foot being risen and that belt buckle over 45 degrees toward target.

Back heel doesn't matter. It is a byproduct of a good weight shift, nothing a person should focus on.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 3359 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!