IGNORED

Nike Forged Blades vs Titleist 695 MB

bSd
Note: This thread is 5583 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, I'm in the process of looking for some new irons, my old Adams have had a nice run but I need something that I can have more feel with and work the ball if I need to. Anyways, I LOVE blades, so sexy, and I narrowed it down to the Nike Blades or the 695 MB from Titleist. I'm definitely going to hit both at some point but it is kind of hard to find some quality golf shops within distance here in Seattle.

I've also done my homework and have heard alot of people say that the Nike Blades are accurate but you lose distance. Now I'm not TOO worried about losing some distance (8 iron=approx. 160-165) but I don't really want to go down a full club if thats the case with the Nike's. Also, I wouldn't mind getting them custom made with a stronger degree to offset the loss of yardage because I hit the ball fairly high anyways. Does anyone know a place that does that for either the Nike or Titleist blades? Anyways, I've heard good things about both and was wondering if you guys could give me some feedback. Thanks!

VS.

Before I bought my 735's I had a set of Nike Blades. The reason I got rid of them was I felt they had no feel to them whatsoever. I hit the 695mb before I got the 735's and loved them but I got to great of a deal on the 735's to pass them up. With my Nike's I did lose about half a clubs distance, and just overall didnt like the feel they had. They didnt have that buttery soft feel when struck perfect and just seemed to dead. 695mb is a great iron but you might want to look at the Taylormade rac MB also as these are great irons also. Whatever your choice, make it based on YOUR results and good luck with the new iron shopping!
Bag:  ping.gif Voyage Orange/Black/White
Driver:  ping.gif G10 w/ Aldila Proto X-stiff
3 Wood: titleist.gif  975f
Irons:  ping.gif i10 w/ AWT X-stiff
Wedges: titleist.gifVokey Spin Milled 56* & 60*Putter: ping.gif Zing I-SeriesBall: titleist.gif ProV1x

I have not hit either of these particular blades so my response is probably not that helpful. But if you want a nice set of blades try out Titleist and Mizuno. You just can't go wrong there.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Before I bought my 735's I had a set of Nike Blades. The reason I got rid of them was I felt they had no feel to them whatsoever. I hit the 695mb before I got the 735's and loved them but I got to great of a deal on the 735's to pass them up. With my Nike's I did lose about half a clubs distance, and just overall didnt like the feel they had. They didnt have that buttery soft feel when struck perfect and just seemed to dead. 695mb is a great iron but you might want to look at the Taylormade rac MB also as these are great irons also. Whatever your choice, make it based on YOUR results and good luck with the new iron shopping!

Yeah, I'll most definitely try them both out. However, I must say, I was biased in favor of the Nike's but the more I read, the more the 695's sound better. Thanks for the input!

Well, I'm in the process of looking for some new irons, my old Adams have had a nice run but I need something that I can have more feel with and work the ball if I need to. Anyways, I LOVE blades, so sexy, and I narrowed it down to the Nike Blades or the 695 MB from Titleist. I'm definitely going to hit both at some point but it is kind of hard to find some quality golf shops within distance here in Seattle.

All I can say is...whichever blade you decide on whether it's the Titleist, Nike, Mizuno, etc., you must be REALLY good. Or, you like to torture yourself with your mishits. I think the Titleist irons have the edge on "boner" appeal. Sproinnnnnnggggggg!

I have been playing with the Nike Blades for two seasons now and I love them. I did lose a full club of distance with them compared to my old Slingshot Tours though. This wasn't a big concern for me since I have about the same yardages as you. I used to hit a PW from 150 and now I hit a 9 iron so it wasn't a huge deal. But the feel and workability of these blades are well worth the lost yardage. There is no better feeling than hitting one of these irons pure!! I did read somewhere that the nike blades have 1 more degree of loft on each club than most irons, which would explain the distance loss. I don't know if that's right but it's worth looking into. Hope that helps.

In The Bag

Driver R7 SuperQuad 8.5 Xstiff
5 Wd SQ X stiff steel
3-PW RAC LT X stiff 52 dg RAC TP Satin56 dg RAC TP Satin60 dg Vokey Oil CanPutter Cameron Studio Newport

You shouldn't lose a 1/2 club distance unless you're current irons have strong lofts then I could see that happening but, if your PW has 48* and your 5 iron has 27-28*'s of loft your yardages should stay the same.

As for my pick, I'd have to go with the 695's. They are the sharpest looking clubs around and the feel is unparalleled. I'd play them but me and my 735's are so dialed in right now I wouldn't want to mess up what I have going.

907D2 9.5 Proforce V2 75 S
906F2 15* Proforce V2 95 S
MD 19* Proforce V2 100 S
735 CM 3-PW DG s400 Vokey 200 53.11*/SM 58.08* DG s300 Scotty C. Studio Design 3.5Balls -

I have a 690MB 6 iron that I replaced my x-16 6 iron with because the feel is so great. I would go with the 695's over the Nike's because they feel like a buttery golf orgasm when you hit them pure.

In the bag:
Great Big Birtha II Stiff 10 degrees
Hibore 15 degrees, V2 shaft stiff
X-forged 3-pw
Vokey Oil Can 256-10, 260-08 34in Tess ProV1

Buttery golf orgasm and Boner Appeal. lol.

Thanks for the input everyone. I was checking it out and indeed the Nike's have 1 degree higher for every club than most blades do. I've been looking for comprehensive reviews but there aren't any current ones for the Nike's. It HAS been a while since they have come out, do you think Nike plans to come out with some new blades in the near future?

I would get these blades if I need new irons.

DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

Yeah, I was looking at them too. The thing is I haven't really seen any thorough reviews or even a couple of good reviews about them. Hard to tell for me, have you hit them before?

I just noticed that ezmoney has them as his irons, I might go bug him for a review :P

May I suggest you try Mizuno MP-60?

What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

you sound like someone who would benefit from the 695cb's and not the mb's

How do I sound like someone who wants the cb's? All I said was I like BLADES, I want more feel, and want to work the ball.

How do I sound like someone who wants the cb's? All I said was I like BLADES, I want more feel, and want to work the ball.

I can't speak for him, but maybe he was referring to this.

(#325) bSd Hacker Status: Offline Posts: 20 Join Date: Apr 2007 Location: Seatown, WA Rep Power: 0 Re: What Do You Do for a Living? - 1 Day Ago -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I'm a senior at the University of Washington majoring in Physiology and Psychology. Applying for Med School this summer! -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Since you didn't mention getting a full ride on a golf scholarship at the University of Washington, and if you DO get accepted into Med school and will be working your ever loving arse off...you might play better by using cavity backs instead of MB's. Just remember, the hottest looking chick in the world isn't worth a damn if she can't perform in a lot of different areas and it's the same with a stick. Nothing like "boner appeal" though. (you CAN work a CB and they have good feel also)

Nice to know you're stalking me lol. I'm a 3 handicap (I choose not to put that in the profile because I think people bias opinions off of it) and will be publishing a golf instruction book this summer. I broke pretty much every record as a Junior golfer (17-under) for my state (albeit, my state isn't that great at golf lol). So I think I'm "worthy" of the MB's, trust me.

But back to the topic, I love blades and find that they have a unique feel and workability that CB's don't have EXACTLY. It's a personal taste I guess you can say. Thanks for the feedback though.

Suggest cb's because you hit the ball high so the stronger lofts on the cb's will avoid any ballooning that the mb's will likely give you and also compensate any lack of distance that you will invariably find using pure blades. Also, top line on the cb's is almost identical to that on the mb's.

Nice to know you're stalking me lol. I'm a 3 handicap (I choose not to put that in the profile because I think people bias opinions off of it) and will be publishing a golf instruction book this summer. I broke pretty much every record as a Junior golfer (17-under) for my state (albeit, my state isn't that great at golf lol). So I think I'm "worthy" of the MB's, trust me.

I'm not stalking you, this place is actually a little on the dead side and you seem to be the only one coming back with verbal action. I hope you become an orthopedic surgeon. My body will be breaking down from hitting a few million golf balls over a lifetime and I KNOW I'll need some work. Hey, based on your handicap and what you've done...you have my nod for MB's. (however, your game is still going down the crapper if you get into med school. LOL)

Note: This thread is 5583 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!