IGNORED

Nike Forged Blades vs Titleist 695 MB

bSd
Note: This thread is 5604 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok, thanks for the suggestion Ziophilis. Yeah, I do hit the ball a bit high and checking the blades for lofts, the CB is actually TWO degree's stronger. Interesting, I'll definitely look into it

Lead Tape, no orthopedics here. I'm gonna go into primary care so I can have the best chance to do international work (3rd world countries). And YES, I know my game is going down the crapper when Med School starts :( I can always hope against hope though...

Lead Tape, no orthopedics here. I'm gonna go into primary care so I can have the best chance to do international work (3rd world countries). And YES, I know my game is going down the crapper when Med School starts :( I can always hope against hope though...

OUCH!! You have NO hope. I just consulted a local psychic here by the name of Madame Shank, and when she laid the Tarot cards out she stated that she saw no future for golf courses being built in Bangladesh and a host of other 3rd world countries due to the fact that water was necessary for bathing and drinking instead of watered fairways or greens. She did predict that you should invest in some good sand wedges.

OUCH!! You have NO hope. I just consulted a local psychic here by the name of Madame Shank, and when she laid the Tarot cards out she stated that she saw no future for golf courses being built in Bangladesh and a host of other 3rd world countries due to the fact that water was necessary for bathing and drinking instead of watered fairways or greens. She did predict that you should invest in some good sand wedges.

Yes, but there is ONE thing I can count on. Vacation time, lots of it hehe. The international work will only be a 1-2month a year type of thing pro-bono. I'll definitely have a mainstay here in the states (HOPEFULLY, Seattle or San Diego) so *fingers crossed*

I wonder if St. Andrews is in desperate need of medical care? hehehe.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't discount the 695CB's just yet. I was very close to pulling the trigger on the MB's. In the end, the CB's combined with Rifle Project X shafts were the ticket for me. The CB's have decent feel, good workability, and just enough added consistency to make a difference. On good days, the MB's were perfect. However, those days when the swing is a little off, I am happy I chose the CB's.

But the MB's do look soooooooo nice.

--------------
Handicap: 0.8
Titleist D2 10.5 YS-6 Stiff
Titleist 904 F 15 YS-6 Stiff
Titleist 695CB's Rifle Project X
Titleist Vokey 52, 56.5, 60
Titleist Futura

Well, I'm in the process of looking for some new irons, my old Adams have had a nice run but I need something that I can have more feel with and work the ball if I need to. Anyways, I LOVE blades, so sexy, and I narrowed it down to the Nike Blades or the 695 MB from Titleist. I'm definitely going to hit both at some point but it is kind of hard to find some quality golf shops within distance here in Seattle.

Both very nice clubs I'm sure. Either way you won't go wrong. I have got Nike blades and I absolutely love them. Despite the reputation of blades being difficult to hit I've found mine no more difficult to hit than my cavity backs and they have a much softer more pleasurable strike. The lofts aren't particularly strong; they appear to be 0.5 - 1.0 club weaker across the set. There's no better feeling than "piping" a 3 iron with the Nike's when you hit them square; the ball just sails of effortlessly. Great look too.

Taylormade r7 460
Callaway X 3 Wood
Callaway X 5 Wood
Callaway X 7 Wood
Callaway X Hybrid (24*)TaylorMade r7 Irons (5-PW)Mizuno MP-R Series Wedges (52,58 degrees)Ping G2 Anser Putter

...I love blades and find that they have a unique feel and workability that CB's don't have...

Do you need workability that most PGA Pro's feel they don't need?

Since you can't answer "yes" with any credibility, just answer the people that suggest you don't need blades by telling them the real reason(s). Either you like the look/feel or they stroke your ego, or both.... I am not trying to bust your balls here, but this whole argument about needing the extra playability that blades offer is bunk. If PGA Pros don't need it, how can any recreational golfer, I don't care how good, need it? Scott
Driver: Nike Dymo² Str8-Fit 9.5° UST AXIV Core 69 Stiff
3 Wood: Nike Sumo² 3 Wood 15° Aldila VS Proto 65 Stiff
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler Pro 3/R 20° DGS300
Irons: Titleist AP2 3-PW PX 5.5 (+ 1/2" and 2° upright)
Wedge: Titleist Vokey Design 200 Series 52°/8° Wedge: Titleist Vokey...

• Administrator
Do you need workability that most PGA Pro's feel they don't need?

We've had this discussion before. As recently as YESTERDAY, in fact. Look it up. There are valid reasons for wanting to play with blades.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...
Well, I'm in the process of looking for some new irons, my old Adams have had a nice run but I need something that I can have more feel with and work the ball if I need to. Anyways, I LOVE blades, so sexy, and I narrowed it down to the Nike Blades or the 695 MB from Titleist. I'm definitely going to hit both at some point but it is kind of hard to find some quality golf shops within distance here in Seattle.

I've hit both and I can say without a doubt that the 695's have the sweetest most powerful ball flight I've ever seen off an blade. They are also just as accurate as my Bridgestone J33 combo's....if I had the extra cash the J33's would stand a chance of staying in my bag.

2 quick thoughts for you...

The Nike irons are very nice looking and very similar to the Titleists. From a pure asthetics standpoint, the 690MB are even better looking than the 695s and more conventional. It seems like the biggest change the 695s took on from the 690s was the curve in the muscleback. I play the 690s and just love Titleists. Still can't get in my head that Nike makes a great golf club for someone not named Eldrick.

Driver: 9.5 905R 757 Speeder X stiff
3 Wood: 13.0 Sonartec GS Tour Red Ice 70X
Hybrid: 17.0 Sonartec MD Stiff UST IROD
Irons: 690cb 4-PW w/Rifle 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland 900 Series Gunmetal 50, 54, 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 370g head

• 1 year later...

Hey bSd Hacker - I have both Nike Forged Blades & Titleist 695 MB. I use the Nike set during the summer season and the Titleist set during the fall and winter seasons. Just purchase BOTH! There GREAT irons

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mizuno-MP-33-Iro...3A1%7C294%3A50

I have played the mp33 irons for 2 years and simply love them, easy to hit, work the ball, look great, balanced club, good distance. I highly recommend them. My scores have been lowered as well as my handicap from 8 to 4 with three under par rounds (-3, -1 & -1)

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Never hit either but titleist is a much better blade to me, although as you can see from my signature I like mizzys.

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

What's In The Bag? - JAMAIR

Spring / Summer Season
Nike SasQuatch Tour Driver 9.5°
Nike SasQuatch 3 Wood 15°
Nike SasQuatch 5 Wood 19°
Nike Blades with Rifle Shafts Irons (3-PW)
Nike TW Wedge (SW) 56°
Nike TW Wedge (LW) 60°
Scotty Cameron by Titleist Studio Stainless Newport 2 Putter
Nike One Platinum

Fall / Winter Season
Titleist 905R Driver 8.5°
Titleist 906F 3 Wood 15°
Titleist 906F 5 Wood 19°
Titleist 695 MB Irons (3-PW)
Titleist Vokey 456·14 Design 56°
Titleist Vokey 260·12 Design 60°
Scotty Cameron by Titleist Studio Stainless Newport 2 Putter
Titleist Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5604 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!