IGNORED

Baseball. Great finish to the 2011 MLB season.

sean_miller
Note: This thread is 4555 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If you didn't watch any MLB action on September 28, 2011, well, it's your loss!!

Go to ESPN.com. MLB.com, or whatever your source for sports (particularly baseball) might be and catch up on it. Seriously, what were you doing that was better than this . . . unless it was . . .  well good for you!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I loved watching Boston pitching themselves out of the playoffs it was great!

And the fact that Papelbon put the last nail in that coffin made it that much better.

nickent.gif4DX Evolver Driver, ping.gif Rapture 3 Wood, taylormade.gif Burner 08 5 Wood, nickent.gif 3DX RC 3-4 & 5DX 5 Hybrid,
nickent.gif 6-PW 3DX Hybrid Irons, cleveland.gif High Bore 09 GW-SW, touredge.gif 60* Wedge, maxfli.gif Revolution Blade Insert Putter

Yes I'm Aware That's 16 Clubs!

I went to the Sox/Orioles game. My vision is kind of blurry today after jamming nails into my eyes in agony. That said, I've kind of had it with the 2011 Red Sox. I've been defending Carl Crawford all year, but he should have made that catch on Reimold's game-winning single. Then they at least could have lost in extras. Adrian Gonzalez said something to the effect of "God's plan simply wasn't for us to make the playoffs," and all of Boston went atheist. Francona decided on the last game of the season (!) that 4 of the top 10 in the league in batting average should be batting 1-4, and then putting Lavarnway at 5 was an absolute gift, letting the Orioles walk Gonzalez nearly every time up (FWIW, I would have at least put Crawford 5th, then at least you have to think twice about the free passes). He also decided to pinch run for Ortiz (the trailing runner when they were already up 1) in the 8th inning (9th? not sure), which would have made Joey Gathright their cleanup hitting for potential extra innings. He also should have left Bard (who threw only 9 pitches in the 8th) in over Papelbon, who has thrown about 700 pitches the last week and will likely be run out of town. John Lackey couldn't take $60 million to stop bitching about anything and everything. JD Drew was so bad the Orioles fans started a "JD sucks" chant the first time he batted. Lester and Beckett can't a single lights-out game in September. Injuries hurt them in pitching (with everyone healthy, their rotation could have been Beckett, Lester, Buchholz [nearly led the league in ERA in 2010], Matsuzaka [was surprisingly good before Tommy John], and Lackey, plus Bedard, Wakefield, and Andrew Miller] and offense (Crawford missed a large chunk, Youkilis missed the end of the season, Drew missed time, Reddicks, Varitek, and Salty), but his collapse went way deeper than that, unfortunately. I honestly can't even fathom how this happened. At the trade deadline, their only (only!) weaknesses were right field and 5th starter. And I don't fault the Yankees for putting their scrubs in late, no matter how painful that was to watch. Oh, and yesterday they arrested a terrorist from the town I was born in. And yes, I'm aware those are all irrational ramblings.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

GO ORIOLES!!!! [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/176438/width/545/height/355][IMG]http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/176438/width/545/height/355[/IMG][/URL]

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Dear Philadelphia Phillies,

As a Cardinals fan I would like to thank you for playing to win in a game which was of little importance to you. Next week I will be rooting against you with everything I've got, but for now, kudos!

Brad Eisenhauer

In my bag:
Driver: Callaway Hyper X 10° | Fairway Wood: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3W (15°) | Hybrid: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3 (20°)
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 4-PW | Wedges: GigaGolf Tradition SGS Black 52°, 56°, 60° | Putter: GigaGolf CenterCut Classic SP3

Ball: Titleist ProV1x or Bridgestone B330S

Also....Jays finished on a high note too which was good

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by Kieran123

Also....Jays finished on a high note too which was good

Do you think Sportsnet will carry the "Finishing 0.500" parade live?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

As a Giant's fan, I think they hung in there for a while despite all the injuries. It was the last two series with AZ that pretty much decided our fate.

The games last night were awesome to watch. The minute after ESPN switched the Red Sox broadcast to TB, Longoria hits a game-ending HR to win the wild card. Even before that game ended, the Red Sox looked like they already knew it was over for them.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Quote:

Dear Philadelphia Phillies,

As a Cardinals fan I would like to thank you for playing to win in a game which was of little importance to you. Next week I will be rooting against you with everything I've got, but for now, kudos!

Don't underestimate the importance of sticking it to the Braves. What a great way to end the regular season. Boston having the meltdown was icing on the cake. If I wasn't a Phillies fan I might actually consider those 2 collapses enough of an event to call the season great even if my team crapped out in the playoffs.

I dont know how they do it but Baseball is the on major sport where it seems like their is balance. The NFL screws their players, the NBA loses money and somehow MLB just keeps getting better and better.

nickent.gif4DX Evolver Driver, ping.gif Rapture 3 Wood, taylormade.gif Burner 08 5 Wood, nickent.gif 3DX RC 3-4 & 5DX 5 Hybrid,
nickent.gif 6-PW 3DX Hybrid Irons, cleveland.gif High Bore 09 GW-SW, touredge.gif 60* Wedge, maxfli.gif Revolution Blade Insert Putter

Originally Posted by LankyLefty

I dont know how they do it but Baseball is the on major sport where it seems like their is balance. The NFL screws their players, the NBA loses money and somehow MLB just keeps getting better and better.

The NBA doesn't lose money.

Driver:  :callaway: Diablo Octane
Fairway Wood:   :adams: Speedline 3W
Hybrid:   adams.gif A7OS 3 Hybrid 
Irons:   :callaway:  2004 Big Bertha 4-LW

Originally Posted by Gresh24

The NBA doesn't lose money.

Tell that to the 17 teams Forbes listed as posting a net loss for 2011. The league as a whole is not losing money, but a fairly large portion of their franchises are completely unprofitable.

Originally Posted by LankyLefty

Tell that to the 17 teams Forbes listed as posting a net loss for 2011. The league as a whole is not losing money, but a fairly large portion of their franchises are completely unprofitable.

Among those teams losing money and "completely unprofitable" are the Heat and Mavericks.

You can believe what you want, and this is a whole seperate debate, but the NBA makes money, and so does 90% of the teams.  Some of the "unprofitable" make the most gross revenues and have the highest values.  Just like the Yankees "lose money" every year.  Accounting is fun.

Using the numbers from that Forbes list:

NBA teams made $3,652,000,000 in revenue.  And (even after factoring in all the losses by all teams) a net income of over $182,000,000.

I'd say the NBA makes money...

Note: This thread is 4555 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!