IGNORED

An Incredible Year

SVTGolfer
Note: This thread is 4568 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Before this year, I had not played since 1986. In the last three weeks I've had my best round of the year (41-40=81), my first time in the thirties (39), and a hole-in-one (Oct. 5). My hope in March was to get to bogey golf. This year has exceeded my wildest expectations.

Callaway Big Bertha 10.5

Callaway X2Hot Hybrids 16*, 22*, 25*

Callaway XR Irons 6-AW

Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54*,59*, 64*

Odyssey Metal-X Milled Rossie Putter

Bag Boy Revolver LE bag

Bag Boy Quad cart

I had a great year in my opinion. I dropped my handicap down by a couple strokes from last year, and I have to say this was the most consistant I have played in about 10 years. I re dedicated myself to practicing and it really payed off. I won my League championship this year by a pretty good margin ( First year on a league). And I shot under par 4 times this year (9 holes only - 34 each time) and I had over 20 rounds in the 70's. Shot a low of 72 and won 1 of the 4 outings I played in (-14). I am really pleased with my game besides my driver, I hit it consistanly more sraright, but I lost some distance late in the year, so at least I have my goals for next year.

Titleist 913 D3
Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Taylormade RBZ 3 Hybrid

Taylormade RBZ 4 Hybrid

MIzuno MP52 5-PW

MIzuno 52* MP-T10 Wedge

Mizuno 56* R Series Wedge

Mizuno 60* R Series Wedge
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

It's been a banner year for me.

I logged well over 100 rounds for the year and still counting.....................check

I achieved my lowest ever official HC at 0.9 (if only briefly).......................check

it's been a good year, but I still have more playing to do. I'm not done yet....

Golf season isn't over for me until mother nature says so...............

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Wasn't able to play as much as last year due to 1) crappy NW weather patterns, 2 ) demands of my business.  So, the first part of my year was very inconsistent, shot alot in the 80s and a few really bad rounds in the 90s.  However, I did manage to keep my HC at a steady 7.5 since they only count 1/2 the rounds.  Now that the season is coming to a close, I'm playing my best golf of the year.  76 and 79 from the back tees on 2 pretty hard courses.

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

Well this year has been my first having never swung a club before May. So in 5 months I've gone from shooting a debut 133, to breaking 90 quite consistantly with a best of 82. I should be able to get plenty more golf in before the weather gets too bad so it would be nice if I could get my handicap down to 15/16 by the end of the year and then aim to get into single figures next year and maybe enter a few tournements.

I had a great year this year! I basically took a couple of years off only playing 10 round in almost 3 years (long story short, i got burned out and had no motivation to play the game). Last year I was out of town working and was able to buy all new equipment and found a tournament series and the fire was reignited!

This year I became an assistant pro at a club working under an amazing mentor. I passed my PAT. I took first in an unofficial modified stableford event (T-1 if stroke play), during which I recorded an eagle and 6 birdies. Unfortunately I only had 4 pars which resulted in an even par 71. And then just last week, I shot 68 to break 70 for the first time in almost 10 years.

This has been an absolutely incredible year for me and I can't wait for the spring!

Driver:  R9 Supertri 10.5* -  909D3 9.5*

2 Hybrid:  2009 TP Rescue 17*

Irons:  R9 TP 3-PW

Wedges:  Vokey 54* & 60*

Putter:  2Ball Vline 34"

My game has been largely the same for the last few years and have been stuck in the low 90's and high 80's. Have made a lot of changes to both my swing and my lifestyle (have lost 90 lbs.). I've worked very hard on my game this year and manged to meet a few of my goals. I finally broke 80 this year which is a major accomplishment for me. Shot a career best 76 and a 79! Decided to get an official handicap this year and dropped it from 16.5 to a 10.3. All in all a great season for me!

“You don't have the game you played last year or last week. You only have today's game. It may be far from your best, but that's all you've got. Harden your heart and make the best of it.”

~ Walter Hagen

Biggest "win" this year was getting to play some great tracks - Olympia Fields (North Course), Arcadia Bluffs (54 holes in one day!) and TPC Scottsdale (Stadium course for my bachelor party)....not to mention a few rounds in the Bahamas on my honeymoon. Also had a career round at one of my local favorites in Chicago (+2 73 at Bowes Creek in Elgin - excellent track). Being a semi-regular weekend golfer, I try to play 36 holes each time out (able to pull that off 7 times, including 2 outings of 54 holes). Also got down to personal best 6.0 handicap (yahoo, not official USGA). Highlight of the year was getting in 4 rounds with my dad - haven't played that much golf with the old man since high-school. All in all a great season which unfortunately has come to an end!

In the bag:

TaylorMade R11 Driver (10.5 stiff stock shaft)

TaylorMade R11 3wood (15 degree stiff stock shaft)

Adams IdeaPro 3i hybrid (20 degree)

Titleist DCI 4-PW (photo)

Cleveland CG15 wedges (52, 56, 60)

Odyssey White-Hot 2-Ball (Superstroke oversize grip)

Bushnell Tour V2 Rangefinder

Ping Hoofer 2012 Bag

I played Arcadia Bluffs in June this year and it was spectacular. Shot 87 and was extremly happy with that. That course has a feel like you are looking out at an ocean on every hole. It's already on the list for next years golf trip. It will become an annually played course for me.

Originally Posted by showtime583

Biggest "win" this year was getting to play some great tracks - Olympia Fields (North Course), Arcadia Bluffs (54 holes in one day!) and TPC Scottsdale (Stadium course for my bachelor party)....not to mention a few rounds in the Bahamas on my honeymoon. Also had a career round at one of my local favorites in Chicago (+2 73 at Bowes Creek in Elgin - excellent track). Being a semi-regular weekend golfer, I try to play 36 holes each time out (able to pull that off 7 times, including 2 outings of 54 holes). Also got down to personal best 6.0 handicap (yahoo, not official USGA). Highlight of the year was getting in 4 rounds with my dad - haven't played that much golf with the old man since high-school. All in all a great season which unfortunately has come to an end!

Titleist 913 D3
Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Taylormade RBZ 3 Hybrid

Taylormade RBZ 4 Hybrid

MIzuno MP52 5-PW

MIzuno 52* MP-T10 Wedge

Mizuno 56* R Series Wedge

Mizuno 60* R Series Wedge
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

Note: This thread is 4568 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!