IGNORED

New Grips

Note: This thread is 4507 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey SandTrappers I am planning on regripping my clubs this winter after I get a new driver and a hybrid. I will regrip all my clubs with the same grip and can't decide between the Golfpride New Decade Multicompounds which my friend has and i really like the feel of or the Golfpride Tour Velvets witch another friend of mine has. I really like the feel of both however I live in Toronto Canada and play in fairly high humidity during the summer and am also concerned on wear and how each grip will hold up in rain and humidity. Any input is much appreciated as well as any suggestions on other grips I should take a look at.

Thanks

I personally really like the multi-compound which I currently use.  I have used the tour velvets and feel that the multi-compounds are more durable and I like the feel.  The link below might help you out

http://www.golfpride.com/Grips/GripSelector.aspx

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ive looked at that grip selector before and it always says multi compound Ive been playing with a stock nike and taylormade grip on my irons and driver since I got new clubs so may be a little biased but i will defiantly head to my nearest golf store and try both out

• Administrator

I vote for regripping with a PURE grip.

http://www.google.com/search?q=pure+grip+site:thesandtrap.com

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Hi, just regripped with the Golf Pride Tour Velvet BCT grips on my AP-2s, the previous one were the Multi Compound which were very good wearing but I decided on the BCTs because they really feel fantastic (much better than the previous ones).  Next will be the woods.....very soon

Cheers

Jim

910d3, 910F, 910H, AP-2, Vokeys, and a Scotty Kombi.

I recently (few months ago) regripped with Golf Pride Tour Velvet midsize and LOVE them...they look and feel great in all kinds of conditions and wear like iron-and are quite inexpensive to boot!....it's no accident that Tour Pros who can grip with any brand they please so often choose Golf Pride Tour Velvet....methinks that if they choose to play this grip for a million bucks on any given Sunday...perhaps they will serve me just as well in a 5 buck Nassau   :)

Originally Posted by namkrats

There is also no difference in the actual grip of the multi compounds depending on the colour right

No, same grip, just different colors.

Mike McLoughlin

Originally Posted by iacas

I vote for regripping with a PURE grip.

http://www.google.com/search?q=pure+grip+site:thesandtrap.com

Especially if you do it yourself.  Definitely end up saving $ by going this route

Mike McLoughlin

• Administrator

Originally Posted by mvmac

Especially if you do it yourself.  Definitely end up saving $ by going this route

Yeah, plus I think they're a better grip. They last a lot longer and though I like the corded section, those grips wear out faster and wear your hands out faster (less practice). :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 months later...

So I ended up going with the Multicompounds in light blue as my clubs were regripped as a Hanukah gift and can't say enough about them. Really great gift. Also received some myjoys for hanukah and a surprise gift of optishot. Needless to say the holidays are off to a great start Cheers everyone and happy holidays

Dang you're a lucky feller. I got a Pro Platinum, a Fli hi, my Adidas, and IDK the other stuff.

In my Hoofer C-1:  Big Dog:  SFTP 10.5 (210g head w/ hotmelt in the toe/ 1* open)-Axivcore Black 79x. 3 metal:  i15 15.5* -Axivcore Red 79x. Rescue:  A12 Pro 20* Matrix Ozik Altus X. Irons:  J36 Combo CB 3-6 MB 7-P- Project X 6.0 Flighted. Wedges: Spin Milled Non-CC 53/9 & 59/7 - DG X100's. Putter:  Studio Stainless Newport 2.5

Grip choice is an extremely personal decision!   I am in the extreme minority and use only Golf Pride Full Cord.

I don't even recommend it because full cord definitely isn't the grip of choice for most people..

........I prefer a rough texture for those hot/humid days.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Note: This thread is 4507 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!