IGNORED

Marijuana/alcohol on the course

Clubswinger21
Note: This thread is 6215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Im from B.C. Canada we have the largest grow-op per capita % in Canada and probably alot of the world. Weed is everywhere here. My high school days are over so I dont smoke the stuff anymore, but people take it lightly here. Its not uncommon to see adults toke one up during a round in my province. One of my buddies "thinks it helps him play better." Is that an issue near you? Do you have a problem with boose or drugs on the course?

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

i dont beleive in telling people what to do, but i play to get better so i dont do either. you need a clear head to play well. The only way i could see it help your game is it relaxes you so maybe thats why. but, most people i see drinking on the course suck anyway, so who knows.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

Once in a great while I will have one or two beers while playing but I play with guys who drink cases while playing. I have a hard enough time remembering to keep my head down, arm straight, back hunched, wrist break here, follow through there, etc... that if I was even slighlty buzzed I can't imagine what might happen. The only thing I smoke on the course is a cigar.

Now drinking and smoking at home could be a nother story...

Our men's leauge turns into more of a drinking club with a golfing habit. So we tend to indulge in some on course boozing. I feel that after 2 beers, I play some of my best golf because I'm relaxed but still have my eye hand coordination. The problem is that it all goes down hill after 2 or 3. So I agree that if you're really playing for score, stick with the gatoraid!! I've thrown away some pretty good rounds by having TOO many beers and losing my swing.

In The Bag

Driver R7 SuperQuad 8.5 Xstiff
5 Wd SQ X stiff steel
3-PW RAC LT X stiff 52 dg RAC TP Satin56 dg RAC TP Satin60 dg Vokey Oil CanPutter Cameron Studio Newport

I think it just depends on what you're wanting to get out of it. If you're concerned with simply getting away from the wife/kids/yardwork and hanging with your buds, then drink up. If you're more into improving your game or the exercise aspects of golf then it's water & gatorade.

FWIW, My motor skills decline quickly once I start drinking. I'm already a pretty relaxed guy, I don't usually need any chemical help to get relaxed.

i dont even understand how it can be considered an option.

1st - i know you have different laws in canada, but in the U.S. you can get locked up for even possessing an ounce of some mary jane. Whoever would be stupid enough to toke up one during a round of golf is just that, stupid. But im sure its been done.

2nd - last time i checked golf is considered a sport correct? or at least i do. i go out to play a round of golf viewing it as a sport. and even if you take the approach of "getting away from the wife and kids for a day". your still playing a sport. your reasoning for playing golf doesnt change its category in society. some people go to the gym and play basketball to get away from the wife.
-so with that, would you pound a few beers while shooting hoops with ur boys? or playin a pickup game of football in a feild? i dont understand how beer can be socially acceptable to even consume while playing golf. golf is supposed to maintain and withold a certain status in society. and consuming even 1 or 2 beers on the course i feel is disrespectful to the game.

if for some reason you had the priveledge to play at Augusta, would you have a Bud select by your side?

id hope not.

In the bag:
Driver -Callaway Big Bertha "C4"
Irons -Callaway Big Bertha 06
Putter -Odyssey White Steel
Ball -Top Flite D2 and Callaway Big Bertha

A Round of Golf -$125.00
A Dozen Balls - $48.00
Lunch at the turn - $18.00
Missng a putt to break 80 because a seed popped-Priceless

A Round of Golf -$125.00

HAHAHAHAH, i love it! lol, but thats why i stick to that sweet, sweet sensimilia anyway, i'll partake in a hoot or two if its just a recreational outing with no significance other than having fun, though if it were a tournament or a round that meant something, i would keep a clear head and wait until after the round to toke.

Driver: Taylormade R7 425, 9.5°
3-Wood: Taylormade R7 steel, 13.5°, Stiff
Irons: 3-5 Mizuno MP 30, 6-P Mizuno MP 32, Dynamic Gold Stiff
Wedges: Titleist Vokey 260.10, Cleveland Gun Metal 900 52
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio StainlessBall: Titleist Pro V1Bag: Mizuno AeroliteSocks: nikeGymb...

I aggree on the toking up on the course part. But on the drinking..... Yes golf is a sport and if I am playing a tournament I don't drink until after my round. But on a day of golf with the buddies. Load up the cooler. If beer and golf didn't go together, they wouldn't have booze carts!!! And yes I have pounded some beers while playing both pickup basketball and football!!

In The Bag

5 Wd SQ X stiff steel
3-PW RAC LT X stiff 52 dg RAC TP Satin56 dg RAC TP Satin60 dg Vokey Oil CanPutter Cameron Studio Newport

1. Would I, "pound a few beers while shooting hoops with my boys"? No, I think I'd sip on a 40.

2. If I had the privilege to play at Augusta and if I decided I wanted to have a drink, I'd hope to quaff something better than a Bud Select. 3. You sound like you'd be a lot of fun to play with.

What's in the bag?

Driver: r7 425, 9.5*, ReAx 65 S
Hybrid: FT, 14*, Aldila NV Hybrid 85 S 350
Hybrid: 585H, 21*, Aldila NV Hybrid 85 SIrons: MP 57, 3-PW, DGS300Wedges: CG10, 54, 58Putter: White Hot #4Ball: ProV1x

1. Would I, "pound a few beers while shooting hoops with my boys"? No, I think I'd sip on a 40.

The only problem with the 40 is that it gets pretty warm in the summer!! And at Augusta I'd be drinking a single malt scotch!! I'm sure the good ol' boys down there partake in some on course boozing from time to time!!

In The Bag

5 Wd SQ X stiff steel

Alright I work at a golf course.... and I am only 18. I can't say I have ever smoked a thing in my life.... ever. First off I get extremely angry when people go out on the course and smoke up. Its so stupid. You can smell it on them. They don't even go out for the recreation of the sport.... they go out to toke up. Period. Its a safe place to do so. Because lets face it there is basically no authority out on the golf course and you can do as you please. People abuse this freedom by smoking dro. As for people drinking out on the golf course... thats fine with me I really don't care. I'll just take their money while they are impaired. Anyway its a legal substance... in moderation. People can do as they please as long as they don't put other peoples health in jepordary. Drinking and driving after the round is something I don't like a lot at all. Not only does it put your life in jepordary, but it puts others on the road as well. Its a extremely selfish act. Something that shouldn't be tolerated at all.

907D2 9.5º Proforce V2 85 Stiff
904F 15º stiff Speeder Shaft
735.CM Chrome 2-P
Spin-Milled Vokeys Tour Chrome 54.10/60.04
Studio Style Newport 2.5 Black X66 Stand Bag Pro V1

. Drinking and driving after the round is something I don't like a lot at all. Not only does it put your life in jepordary, but it puts others on the road as well. Its a extremely selfish act. Something that shouldn't be tolerated at all.

Very true. Our course is a few miles out of town and I hate seeing people hop in their cars and drive home drunk!! When I drink on the course, I get a ride from the sober guy who just kicked my drunk a@s around the course!!

In The Bag

5 Wd SQ X stiff steel

haha the fact that i have people sarcastically responding to each point in my previous post is very comforting. because i know how much more mature i am.

the dude brings up a good point it almost "promotes" the concept of drunk driving. how else did you get to the golf course? and how are you getting home?..a car

-i kno for a fact someone will say "but u drive to your local bar"- they have cabs waiting on thier doorstep waiting for retards to come out. thats how they make thier money. if you dont partake in that your a grade A idiot.. and if you feel the need to have a few beers at a round of golf that your business..because they sell beer at golf courses.. if you cant control your urge to have a few beers while playing a recreational sport your beyond a simple day out with the boys. your probably an alcoholic.. but its not neccesary and its becoming pretty stupid. why would u get drunk during a sport??

In the bag:
Driver -Callaway Big Bertha "C4"
Irons -Callaway Big Bertha 06
Putter -Odyssey White Steel
Ball -Top Flite D2 and Callaway Big Bertha

There are three things I can't do when I have had more than 1 beer. Golf (especially any short game shot), Bowl, and Pitch (slo pitch/softball). My balance gets messed up. I've been plastered on the golf course, but it was a work thing, they paid, and gave me a ride home (all of us on a bus!!). Drugs are for losers. I have only encountered that once on a golf course and I simply don't like it. I have often seen people get unruly and drunk on the course and I just do get it. Drunk is OK, but when you get STUPID, that's when I want to throw you in the cummy pond!

What's in my bag:
Driver : R7, 10.5 degree, stock stiff shaft
16 Degree Hybrid - Cobra Baffler DWS, with stiff stock shaft
20 Degree Hybrid - Cobra Baffler, with Accra Shaft, Stiff
26 Degree Hybrid - Cobra Baffler, with Accra Shaft, Stiff6 - PW - Bridgestone CG Mid, Dynamic Gold LiteWedges : TBA...

haha the fact that i have people sarcastically responding to each point in my previous post is very comforting. because i know how much more mature i am.

So having a few beers playing a recreational sport makes you an alcoholic?? Golf digest had an article a few months back about what percentage of golfers drink beer while playing a round. It was around 50%. Do you really think that half of all golfers are alcoholics? And just because you dirink at the course does not mean you drive drunk!! My club actually has a service to give free rides home after league nights! Also, a lot of people in my league use DDs. Drinking does not make you irresponsible. It's perfectly legal. Drinking and driving does!

BTW You think the men who invented golf in Scottland didn't have a bit of whisky while golfing. It's not true but the legend was always that St. Andrews had 18 holes because there were 18 shots in a bottle of Scotch!! CHEERS

In The Bag

5 Wd SQ X stiff steel

There are three things I can't do when I have had more than 1 beer. Golf (especially any short game shot), Bowl, and Pitch (slo pitch/softball). My balance gets messed up. I've been plastered on the golf course, but it was a work thing, they paid, and gave me a ride home (all of us on a bus!!). Drugs are for losers. I have only encountered that once on a golf course and I simply don't like it. I have often seen people get unruly and drunk on the course and I just do get it. Drunk is OK, but when you get STUPID, that's when I want to throw you in the cummy pond!

Couldn't be truer..I started my league last night but first had lunch with some friends which included 2 glasses of wine. I certainly wasn't drunk, but I felt it on the first tee when I knocked down my tee shot-etc,etc. I don't usually ever drink when I'm playing and most certainly would never do it again. As for weed, I can't say that I've ever encountered that.

driver:G2 graphite reg flex
FW:HiBore 3w, G2 7w
Irons:: x20, 4-pw steel shaft uniflex
wedges: SW and GW, steel reg
Putter: G5 Craz-eBalls:Callaway HX Hot

Note: This thread is 6215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!