IGNORED

Marijuana/alcohol on the course

Clubswinger21
Note: This thread is 6213 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

haha the fact that i have people sarcastically responding to each point in my previous post is very comforting. because i know how much more mature i am.

#1. Having a beer while I play doesn't make me drunk. I'm 6'2" and 240 lbs. I can assure you that a couple of beers duing a 4+ hour round of golf isn't going to make me a hazard on the road. By the time I get in my car, I won't even be over the legal limit. I am just as concerned as you seem to be about driving while impaired. #2. I can control my "urges" just fine, thank you. I will have a beer when I wish because I very much enjoy having one. It has nothing whatsoever to do with "urges". My urge to drink is apparently under much better control than your urge to preach. #3. Nobody is talking about getting drunk. We are talking about having a casual drink with friends to cap a pleasant day on the links. #4. After all that, I rarely drink on the course. I usually wait until I get home and have a beer on the patio with my wife. It's cheaper, and then I DON'T have to drive afterward. Cheers...

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't get why anyone would want to do weed. I haven't done it myself, but plenty of my buddies have. All they say it does to them was make them feel like they'd want to go eat about 25 Big Mac's and then go to bed.

As to alcohol...well, anything in moderation and I have no problem with it. I won't hesitate to down a beer if I've shot a bad front 9; I'll calm down a bit, and get less P-O'd when the ball has not carried the fairway bunker, and it's plugged under the lip. At 6'5'' and almost 300lbs, I don't think a beer or two is going to make me a hazard... in fact, I'm the one who usually has to drive us all back home.

Golfing while plastered however is a hazard--I wouldn't golf with anyone who's had too much to drink, simply because I've seen a lot of dangerous and stupid shit happen to my buddies while they were too drunk.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

my main arguement is if you are supposedly "out with your buddies" just enjoying eachothers company. what does a beer have to offer to the situation?

i know very few people that genuinely enjoy the taste of barley and hopps that havnt forced thier body to grow accustomed to it. your very first beer is hardly enjoyable.

so with that being said, the taste of any beer certainly doesnt surpass the taste of a cold gatorade or sprite or cola. and if it does, again so be it. but if your not drinking to feel a little "buzz" and your also there to enjoy the company of friends, why drink an alocholic bevrage? what purpose does it serve other than the apparent "social" acceptance that it portrays that says "me and my friends are cool enough to drink a beer and we seem to be having a good time".

im pretty sure the average weight of a male is around 160 lbs.. height is irrelevant. 2 beers in a 160 lb man puts him to arounnndd.. .04 1 hour after the alcohol is consumed..and so on and so on. in maryland the legal limit is .08. so youd need around 4 beers? thats not too tough.

just something to chew on. im not trying to argue im voicing a strong opinion which was expected based on the initial post.

In the bag:
Driver -Callaway Big Bertha "C4"
Irons -Callaway Big Bertha 06
Putter -Odyssey White Steel
Ball -Top Flite D2 and Callaway Big Bertha

Mr. Rogers88 are you striaghtedge? You seem to be. Its entertaining to me to say the least.

907D2 9.5º Proforce V2 85 Stiff
904F 15º stiff Speeder Shaft
735.CM Chrome 2-P
Spin-Milled Vokeys Tour Chrome 54.10/60.04
Studio Style Newport 2.5 Black X66 Stand Bag Pro V1

#1. Having a beer while I play doesn't make me drunk. I'm 6'2" and 240 lbs. I can assure you that a couple of beers duing a 4+ hour round of golf isn't going to make me a hazard on the road. By the time I get in my car, I won't even be over the legal limit. I am just as concerned as you seem to be about driving while impaired.

I couldn't aggree more!!! I too tip the scales over 200 pounds and don't feel the effects of 3-4 beers in an 18 hole round. I don't usually get drunk when I play but if I want to I will. I don't drive home after drinking, and I don't make a drunken fool of myself on the course. I'm not trying to tell anyone else they SHOULD drink when they play. But unless they've passed a law against it recently, I don't want somebody telling me I should NOT!

CHEERS!!!

In The Bag

Driver R7 SuperQuad 8.5 Xstiff
5 Wd SQ X stiff steel
3-PW RAC LT X stiff 52 dg RAC TP Satin56 dg RAC TP Satin60 dg Vokey Oil CanPutter Cameron Studio Newport

well since im 18 that tends to be a deterrant for me.

i go to house parties. i drink. a lot. i play pong. i throw up. ive done most everything id say. but there is a time and a place for everything.

and a golf course isnt a place for a cold one. it just doesnt seem right. i dont care what happend in the past or what the scottish did because this is the present america.

In the bag:

And in present America I'm free to drink as much as I want on the course!!

I have a friend who's a church missionary who doesn't give me as much crap about drinking as you do.. You say you drink til you puke, yet in a previous post you talked about being more mature than the rest of us??? I haven't puked from drinking since I was in college!! And we who drink with our buddies are the ones who can't control our urges??

In The Bag

5 Wd SQ X stiff steel
3-PW RAC LT X stiff 52 dg RAC TP Satin56 dg RAC TP Satin60 dg Vokey Oil CanPutter Cameron Studio Newport

If you've read my previous posts, you know that I'm in highschool so drinking on the course is seriously out of the question. The same is true for a little bud. There's no way your gonna catch me on the course smoking anything but tobacco products or drinking anything other than water.

In the bag:
Great Big Birtha II Stiff 10 degrees
Hibore 15 degrees, V2 shaft stiff
X-forged 3-pw
Vokey Oil Can 256-10, 260-08 34in Tess ProV1

some people really do like the taste of beer. i think the mainstream beers (bud, bud light, miller lite) lack flavor. they are your "get drunk" beers. Wheat beers, pale ales, now those have flavor but are heavy. i would rather have water, gatorade, tea, on the golf course. but like most people that drink beers, one or two is never enough. once you have a couple, most people down some more and soon they would rather get drunk than play golf. but they did pay the same amount i did to play so they have the right to. i can honestly say that i drink more beer after my hockey games in the locker room than i do on the course. when i play on the weekends with my friends we never drink. when i get invited to charity tournements for little leauge teams and what not, i will drink and have a good time. the beer is free and i am not concerned with shooting my best because i already know someone is scoring better than i am with their pencils lol. oh ya, and i always have a sober driver.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

HAHAHAHA im not giving YOU crap about drinking. you dont mean that much to me dont flatter yourself.

you continued to persue your opposition to my posts so what am i going to do? defend my position based on another post? no im going to respond to what you have to say.

where the hell is clubswinger?!?? lol..

and i hear ya lemay.. you made some good points.

In the bag:

Your not the only one who is 18.

907D2 9.5º Proforce V2 85 Stiff
904F 15º stiff Speeder Shaft
735.CM Chrome 2-P
Spin-Milled Vokeys Tour Chrome 54.10/60.04
Studio Style Newport 2.5 Black X66 Stand Bag Pro V1

I don't care what others do on the course as long as it doesn't affect me. If I am unlucky and get paired with some beer league duffers I usually just ditch them or play ahead. I don't drink or smoke anything while I play thats my personal choice. I believe that if your intentions are to have loads of fun on the course with your buddies then please, by all means have fun drink a few beers. As for marijuana I don't condone the use of it all. It's sad to hear someone make excuses to use it (It helps me concentrate, I play better, I get better grades on tests etc etc.) It is what it is, a poor excuse to justify your addiction. Those are my 2 cents.

907D2 9.5 Proforce V2 75 S
906F2 15* Proforce V2 95 S
MD 19* Proforce V2 100 S
735 CM 3-PW DG s400 Vokey 200 53.11*/SM 58.08* DG s300 Scotty C. Studio Design 3.5Balls -

^marijuana is not addicting, atleast not in a physical or physiological sense.

In the bag:
Great Big Birtha II Stiff 10 degrees
Hibore 15 degrees, V2 shaft stiff
X-forged 3-pw
Vokey Oil Can 256-10, 260-08 34in Tess ProV1

1. Sad? I find it hilarious how people are speaking about marijuana like its a serious drug. Its practically legal here. So obviously my perception of it is different. If it was legalized would your perception change? Crack addiction is sad, heroin addiction is terrible, but marijuana is like being addicted to nicotine, which kills more people each year than any controlled substance's. My friends smoke weed, so does 50% of the population in my province, does that mean I should treat them differently?

2. You dont do pot, you smoke it. lol. I realize some of you are older folk's, so I understand your oppinion's on marijuana but I dont agree with them.

3. For the fellow that made a comment about all smoking pot does is make people want to eat 25 burgers and go to sleep. You are wrong. Maybe the weed in Kentucky is garbage but BC is world reknown for its quality of pot. If you cant imagine why people would do it, maybe you should try it? you might just have a blast.

4. I dont condone marijuana on the course if its going to affect my game like pot heads and slow play or sheer stupidity ie. hacking up the course and acting like fools. Like the 1st response, do whatever you want as long as its not affecting me.

5. Drunk ass's are far more likely to do those stupid things. Potheads are typically mellow for the most part. I dont have a problem with casual drinking on the course. And I find it odd that anyone does.. the trash is full of beer cans at every course I go to. Gung Ho, if I see you doing something you shouldnt be on the course because you're inoxicated.. I'll report you.. plain and simple. I dont drink on the course, and I have no desire to unless im playing in a foursome with my dad, or buddies who are drinking. If im going out to play golf, im going out to play well because thats when i enjoy the game the most. I cant play well if im sloppy, dehydrated and tired from drinking beers instead of water.

6. Im 22, 165 lbs. It takes me 6 beer to start feeling any kind of drunk at all, especially when im excercising. I dont know what light weight the one guy was talking about drinking and driving, like someone else already said you're not going to be drunk off 4 beers over 4 hours.. I've never been pissed drunk on a course and I've never seen anyone pissed drunk on a course. But to me, an ice cold beer is better at the clubhouse after a hot day on the course. Light and Domestic beer is garbage. Like someone else said Id much rather have a nice import like a heineken, or a stella.

Ultimately, pot and alcohol shouldnt be a part of the game of golf but are. The point is, its a special game that all types of different kinds of people, from different walks of life enjoy. And im not going to be bothered by a bunch of harmless stoners, or casual drinkers.

CHEERS!

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

^^^ Amen!

Driver: Taylormade R7 425, 9.5°
3-Wood: Taylormade R7 steel, 13.5°, Stiff
Irons: 3-5 Mizuno MP 30, 6-P Mizuno MP 32, Dynamic Gold Stiff
Wedges: Titleist Vokey 260.10, Cleveland Gun Metal 900 52
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio StainlessBall: Titleist Pro V1Bag: Mizuno AeroliteSocks: nikeGymb...

Under normal circumstances I am not opposed to having a couple beers on the course. I usually have one during my Wednesday night league. On Sunday we play too early to be served. I can take it or leave it. I am generally good up to 3 or 4 beers for 18. However, there is a point of diminishing returns that can come very quickly.

I went on a trip with my brother and his friends and we played all day 36 on Friday and Saturday. We were buying 12 beers for our foursome every few holes. We had a great time and stayed in control, but our scores were a little inflated.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Under normal circumstances I am not opposed to having a couple beers on the course. I usually have one during my Wednesday night league. On Sunday we play too early to be served. I can take it or leave it. I am generally good up to 3 or 4 beers for 18. However, there is a point of diminishing returns that can come very quickly.

Very true! The more beer, the higher the score.... for almost everyone. Although, there is this one guy on our men's league that plays his best golf smashed. He showed up to a tournement drunk last year and went out and shot 32-32 for a 7 under. I don't even think he remembers the back nine!!

In The Bag

5 Wd SQ X stiff steel

This is an age old debate. Is it addictive or not? As the son of an addict, I can tell you that weed is a serious drug. My dad was smoking multiple times every day for over 15 years. He started when he quit drinking. For the average person it may not be a huge deal. His use lead to him to major depression, cost him a marriage and time with his family. It also lead to him cutting his wrists when he hit rock bottom. Fortunately he is OK now and clean and sober. He was using to fill a need that his body had. Now he is on medication to control his depression, lives with my mom again and is part of the family.

Many people can smoke with no problems at all, others are not as lucky.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Note: This thread is 6213 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!