IGNORED

Stevie Williams - Racist?

turtleback
Note: This thread is 3688 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Read More http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-tours-news/blogs/local-knowledge/2014/03/steve-williams-is-still-talking-about-his-breakup-with-tiger.html

Given Williams is the only one talking about it, I'd guess Tiger isn't all that concerned about "burying the hatchet"

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
I find it hard to believe this is still a topic of conversation... Someone's a bit of a Drama Queen!

But… Stevie's now won as many majors as Tiger. He's a great front-runner you know.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Not sure how it came up during the interview. The article didn't seem to clarify or I missed it. If he was asked about his Tiger -relationship status then maybe he gets a pass for simply replying. Of course he could have skillfully brushed it aside too. Anyway to OP's title, I dont feel SW is a racist at all. I think racists don't take up employment with the other race employers in the first place. With his history of high profile previous employers I am sure he could have had his pick. Cant deny that he usually just comes across as a tool. V

Vishal S.

Read More http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-tours-news/blogs/local-knowledge/2014/03/steve-williams-is-still-talking-about-his-breakup-with-tiger.html

I watched Part 1 of the interview with Steve Williams last night and the Golf Digest Blog is a piece of shit that doesn't give the full story.

90% of the interview was about Steve's time as Adam's caddie, towards the end, the interviewer asked about his relationship with Woods, the most enlightening part was Steve saying that his termination was not done in person and they haven't sorted things out.  Most of the interview was about the last five holes at Lytham & St Annes, ironically about the yardage into 16, which in my opinion was the only real mistake Scott made and also the about 18 and 10 at the Masters. Was fascinating to watch a replay of the 10th (playoff hole) listening to Steve Williams. Scott first read the putt as 1 cup outside right, turned to Williams, who even stated he knew that Scott had never had that putt from that position in any Masters, Williams was shaking his head and firmly told Scott that it was at least 2 1/2 cups, Scott looked again and the rest is history.

During the interview he came across very sincere, honest and professional.

So, I've said this for a while.....

Do you ever notice, when a white person says something and the public goes OMG thats so mean of him to say that about someone who is black, mexican , asian or w/e nationality they might be, they are instantly a racist.......

But if the role is switched, and the same thing is said about the white person, its just someone expressing their opinion or they claim 1st amendment rights......

usually the first people to claim racism are the people who are racist in the first place......

It is what it is

• Administrator
So, I've said this for a while.....

Do you ever notice, when a white person says something and the public goes OMG thats so mean of him to say that about someone who is black, mexican , asian or w/e nationality they might be, they are instantly a racist.......

But if the role is switched, and the same thing is said about the white person, its just someone expressing their opinion or they claim 1st amendment rights......

usually the first people to claim racism are the people who are racist in the first place......

Yeah, so that's the thread title, and still the "main" topic, but the thread was bumped recently mostly because Stevie and Tiger still haven't "buried the hatchet." There's more to this than the one comment Stevie made. It's more about their whole relationship, or Stevie Williams in general.

Your comments on that wider topic are appreciated too. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3688 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!