IGNORED

Who's going to win the Australian Open?

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3788 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by iacas

Doesn't mean I fully endorse it. It's just a data point. You can consider it or not.

They're not necessarily opinions. You can look at things like average finish, % of missed cuts, average $/start, etc.

I'm not sure what the lack of cold blood relates to. Keegan is hot or cold. He misses cuts or plays well. In a team event like this Fred may have wanted to go with the guy who, even on bad days, tends to shoot around par and makes cuts.

Neither of them "deserve" it. The ones who "deserve" it qualified on points.

Anyway, the Australian Open is over, and Tiger's on the team, and Keegan's not. Are we done talking about it now?

I see you like Tiger more than Keegan but you still don't convince me, I still think Tiger should have watched Keegan playing the Pres Cup in the tv.

You are right, the Australian Open thread is the wrong one to express opinions about the PCup, let's move! ;)

• 2 years later...

Well - I did a search for it for this year.  But this is the closest I could find.  (the thread is probably right in front of me....)

anyway - Scott is really on it.

Glad to see Rory is even farther back in the game.  A ton of top ten finishes is great, but a win this year would be a big deal.

These two matched up = crazy good approach shots nearly every hole.  Lots of fun to watch.

Last round tonight - I think I'll stay up to watch

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's really looking like Adam Scott but I'm hopin Rory grabs the win! Is it just me or is the broadcast of the open amazing or what? Great camera views, solid commentating and great golf!

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

This is going to turn out to be a battle on the back 9. Scott wants the Australian triple crown and Rory wants to show he's back from last year. If you are still awake tune into the Golf Channel to catch the matchup.

Driver: TBD

Irons: Taylormade MC 3-PW Steel

Wedges: Cleveland CG-15 56° and 60° 

Putter: Ping Karsten with Super Stroke grip

Ball: Callway Hex Chrome

Everyone watch out: Rory's got his groove back. How did the Australian Open not manage to be one of golf's majors? Every time I see a tournament from Australia, I think the golf is fantastic. Royal Sydney, where this week's tournament was held, is a dead ringer for Augusta.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

A bit of a gift there from Mr. Scott, but a great win nonetheless. Congratulations, Rory!

BTW, he thanked his girlfriend Caroline, among others. I thought they were done.

Bill M

• Administrator
Where are the Rory nay sayers Now..??????????????????

I don't think there were any. Rory still had a pretty lousy 2013, and this field wasn't exactly loaded.

A win's a win, but Rory is streaky, and he could win eight times, zero times, or anything in between in 2014 on the PGA Tour.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Way to go Rory! What a great battle between two of the worlds best players going blow for blow! It was by far one of the most exciting tournaments of the year in golf.

Not sure if Scott got a little too aggressive on his final approach or if it was just adrenaline but he wasn't far from hitting a great shot that just carried over the back. I didn't expect Rory to make the putt but he pulled it off. Good on him for facing down the 2nd best player in the world and winning a prestigious event won by most of the games best players. What a great battle from some of the games best over the Holiday weekend!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

Rory still had a pretty lousy 2013,

I think that's the hype talking.  Much like saying Tiger is a 'loser' for "only" winning 5 tournaments.

How many top ten finishes did Rory have in 2013?  There are very few top level pros that would have been disappointed in Rory's 2013 results.

i know, i know.  only wins count, not consistently being in the top of the field?

I was all set to stay up for the last half of the tournament last night and suddenly a migraine triggered.  It's on replay today at noon, but it's not the same.

Bill - 

Where are the Rory nay sayers Now..??????????????????

We can't say anything...

He might sue us....

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

• Administrator
I think that's the hype talking.  Much like saying Tiger is a 'loser' for "only" winning 5 tournaments. How many top ten finishes did Rory Off which topic? So it is ok for fourputt to say 'For casual golf, I don't see the necessity.', but when I say 'In casual golf I do not see any need for Rules in the first place' it is off topic? It would be nice to have impartiality around here... in 2013?

I am impartial. Just because I judge Rory on higher standards than Tommy Gainey isn't evidence to the contrary. Ask Rory and he'd say the same thing - it wasn't a good year.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Ask Rory and he'd say the same thing - it wasn't a good year.

I get that.  Expectations were pretty high.  Subjective vs absolute - I'm just highlighting the other perspective of course.

Sounds like a good win - I'm excited to watch the round.

and ashamed that I'm excited about watching golf - seems I'm fully indoctrinated now

Bill - 

• Administrator

I'm just highlighting the other perspective of course.

You edited your post after posting (which is totally fine - I do it to clarify things all the time), but fwiw I was responding mostly to the "impartiality" part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post

False, tabloid mischief.

Quote:
  • The Wife and I, little guy is due on 10/28/13.

So what happened?  Is she a month overdue?

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Note: This thread is 3788 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!