IGNORED

Trackman Figures from Some Tour Players

iacas
Note: This thread is 3227 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

And where exactly did you find this out?

Look at Ball #7.  171.9 ball speed divided by 113.4 clubhead speed equals 1.51587.  (So, technically Colin was wrong :-P )  But I can't really talk much, seeing as how I don't know how to calculate temperature. :whistle:

What is the significance of the smash factor?

Just shows how solid the contact is.  If you're averaging 1.48 or 1.49 like Grant is, then you can rest assured that you are smacking the ball solidly and in the center of the face.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Look at Ball #7.  171.9 ball speed divided by 113.4 clubhead speed equals 1.51587.  (So, technically Colin was wrong )  But I can't really talk much, seeing as how I don't know how to calculate temperature.

Uhh, well I was talking about @colin007 saying he's lucky if he gets a smash factor of 1.43. I wanted to know where he found out his smash factor is at best 1.43.

Jeezis...1.515 smash??? That's insane. I'm lucky if I get 1.43...

Not doing very well lately, @Golfingdad . :-$

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

@RFKFREAK , I've gotten my smash factor from the Golf Galaxy. I don't know if it's so bad because I suck or because they put masking tape all over the face, but usually I'm around 1.38.

Colin P.

@RFKFREAK, I've gotten my smash factor from the Golf Galaxy. I don't know if it's so bad because I suck or because they put masking tape all over the face, but usually I'm around 1.38.

You're kidding me.

My smash factor when I went back in July ranged from 1.38-1.42 for an average of 1.40.

If I'm better than someone in anything golf related, do you know what that means?

It means you suck. :-$

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Uhh, well I was talking about @colin007 saying he's [COLOR=181818]lucky if he gets a smash factor of 1.43.  [/COLOR][COLOR=181818]I wanted to know where he found out his smash factor is at best 1.43.[/COLOR]   Not doing very well lately, @Golfingdad . :-$

Well in my defense, you didn't bold his portion of the quote originally.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Please forgive me for trying to help.

I hope you realize I'm just messing with you. :)

Don't worry, I stated something @Golfingdad over 2 years ago, and he still holds that grudge. :offtopic:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I feel it's a combination of things:

- Their swings. Some tour pros are "handle draggers", so their AoA will tend to be down. Advice to feel like you "cover it" is more popular than sliding your hips and raising the handle.

- They don't know any different. They didn't grow up being taught to hit up, they don't play the ball far enough forward, they don't even know what their AoA is, they swing at 120 mph.

This is starting to change, I would say the average is closer to level than it was a couple years ago, lot more AoA "education".

For the most part it doesn't. Players that don't know how to hit up can get into a bad habit of tilting back in order to do it, that can cause control issues.

@iacas has pointed out that you can deform the golf ball more by hitting up.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/44307/hitting-up-or-down-with-the-driver-in-an-inline-pattern/54#post_816701

http://thesandtrap.com/t/44307/hitting-up-or-down-with-the-driver-in-an-inline-pattern/54#post_816750

Good stuff, thanks mvmac

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Does Smash Factor change based on whether you use range balls, average balls or premium balls?

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Does Smash Factor change based on whether you use range balls, average balls or premium balls?

Sure, Smash Factor is just Ball Speed divided by Club Head Speed.

Golf balls are not all the same. Some weight different, some might be more elastic. You probably wouldn't see a significant difference in smash factor. Most golf balls are made with in certain tolerances, so they perform with in a small difference that it is pretty insignificant.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Sure, Smash Factor is just Ball Speed divided by Club Head Speed.

Golf balls are not all the same. Some weight different, some might be more elastic. You probably wouldn't see a significant difference in smash factor. Most golf balls are made with in certain tolerances, so they perform with in a small difference that it is pretty insignificant.

Thanks - very useful :)

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Note: This thread is 3227 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!