IGNORED

Your Workout Today

iacas

Dynamic Warm Up

Power cleans: 1x5 @ 95, 1x3 @ 145, 1x3 @ 155 w/ x5 rebo und jumps after each set

Bench Press: 1x5 @ 95, 1x3 @ 145, 1x3 @ 155 w/ x5 seat ed box jumps after each set

Dead Lift: 1x5 @ 135, 2x3 @ 225 w/ x5 altitude drops after each set

Bicep curls and skull crushers to finish

Did some core work today. 9 rounds: -20s flutter kicks -20s situps -20s Russian twists -1min rest 5 rounds: -15s climbers -15s plank leg raises -15s plank alternate arm raises -15s plank jacks -1min rest Jump Rope: 10mins

Driver: Cobra Amp Cell-S - 10.5°
Woods: Cobra F-Speed 3 Wood - 15.5°
Hybrids: Cobra Amp Cell 2/3 Hybrid - 16°-19°
Irons: Mizuno MX-15 - 4-PW
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled - 52°/8°, Titleist Vokey SM4 - 54°/8°, Titleist Vokey Oil Can - 58°/8°
Putter: Odyssey White Ice #1

Proud member of the "Breaking Bad Club"!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Today's workout: 10 rounds: -30s half jacks -15s rest -30s half jacks -1min rest DB Shoulder Press: 12 x 27.5lbs, 10 x 33.5lbs, 8 x 38.5lbs, 6 x 44.5lbs, 25 x 22.5lbs DB Lat Raises: 3 x 8 x 22.5lbs DB Front Raises: 3 x 12 x 16.5lbs External Rotations: 3 x 12 x 16.5lbs Rear Delt Raises: 3 x 12 x 22.5lbs DB Shrugs: 3 x 12 x 44.5lbs Tricep Extensions: 12 x 38.5lbs, 10 x 44.5lbs, 8 x 49.5lbs, 6 x 55lbs, 25 x 33.5lbs Dips: 3 x 10 DB Curls: 12 x 27.5lbs, 10 x 33.5lbs, 8 x 38.5lbs, 6 x 44.5lbs, 25 x 22.5lbs

Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled - 52°/8°, Titleist Vokey SM4 - 54°/8°, Titleist Vokey Oil Can - 58°/8°

Did javelin throw technique yesterday, so could not get in another training session. Only some light leg and core work today. Jump Rope: 3min DB Squats: 5 x 10 x 33.5lbs DB Lunges: 3 x 10 x 27.5lbs DB Calf Raises: 3 x 30 x 27.5lbs Up-down Planks: 10s, 20s, 20s, 30s, 30s, 20s, 20s, 10s, 10s 3 rounds: -15s flutter kicks -15s Russian twists -15s lying leg raises -15s raused leg circles -1min rest

It appears many here are doing a cross fit type work out, but my daughter talked me into going with her to Orange Theory ... and I was pleasantly surprised. Anyone here have any feed back? In my daughter case, I am just happy she is active and enjoys going somewhere ... she has been going for about a year now. It primary based on heart rate stats ... while it is a group and guided my an trainer it is at your pace and heart rate, so no one is standing over you. My goal right now at my age is cardio, and not so much strength and to burn calories ... both of which I nailed during my work out.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

My goal right now at my age is cardio, and not so much strength and to burn calories ... both of which I nailed during my work out.

I don't know your age, but based on this statement I can assume you aren't 25 ;-)

I urge you to consider even minimal strength training. I have done extensive research on health and fitness and the single greatest cause of disease and disability as we age is sarcopenia (muscle loss due to aging). Lifting weights, even in one's 80's, has shown to greatly improve quality of life and lower risk of disease.

I would go as far as to say that weight lifting is more important than cardio.

- Mark

I don't know your age, but based on this statement I can assume you aren't 25 ;-) I urge you to consider even minimal strength training. I have done extensive research on health and fitness and the single greatest cause of disease and disability as we age is sarcopenia (muscle loss due to aging). Lifting weights, even in one's 80's, has shown to greatly improve quality of life and lower risk of disease.  I would go as far as to say that weight lifting is more important than cardio.

Thanks for the reply. I am 59 ... and I do some strength training I do not really lift a heavy amount ... in the case of Orange Theory I prefer to go lighter with more reps, but felt more comfortable on the treadmill and rowing portion. At home I have a 20lbs medicine ball, and some 15lbs dumbbells, that I do various exercises with. During the class I took, I had 25 minutes in the red zone, 22 minutes in orange zone and 10 in the green .... the zones are based on your heart rate/age. At home, its just so much easier for me to hit the treadmill or go for a jog and tune out to the music ... I do not have a strength training mentally, but as you suggested I really should spend more time in that area. That is one of the areas I see the class helping me with ... because I HAVE to do it there ... :) My main goal is to lower my cholesterol and be active into my 80's.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

@isukgolf I would agree with @Braivo the Strength training is much more important than cardio. I am 56 years old and do weight training and no cardio.

I have also done extensive research and found that you get more than enough "cardio" during strength training and in fact too much cardio

like running, treadmill ect can be detrimental to your heart. This site will explain all this http://baye.com

• Upvote 1

Doug

Pull-ups 3x7 Power Cleans 3x10 Rows 3x10 Squats 3x7

What's In My Bag...
Driver: Callaway Razr X Black 10.5*
FW / Hybrid: Nike T40 4W 17* / Nike CPR 24*
Irons: Callaway Razr X HL 5I-SW
Putter: Nike Method Core Putter
Balls: Nike PD Soft

Today's workout: Pushups: 20 normal, 20 incline, 10 decline Incline DB Bench: 15 x 27.5lbs, 12 x 33lbs, 8 x 38.5lbs, 8 x 44lbs DB Flyes: 3 x 10 x 22lbs Superset: x 3 -Dips: 10 -DB Curls: 10 x 22lbs Concentration Curls: 3 x 10 x 22lbs Hammer Curls: 30 x 22lbs

Squats

Bench Press

During Bench Press felt a little pop in my back then a muscle spasm in low back so I stopped for today.

Maybe hitting that large bucket yesterday had something to do with it.

I put some heat on it and fells all better now.

Doug

Power workout today! BB Squats: 6 x 155lbs, 4 x 175lbs, 3 x 200lbs, 2 x 220lbs, 2 x 245lbs Power Snatches: 6 x 75lbs, 4 x 87.5lbs, 3 x 100lbs, 2 x 2 x 110lbs Power Cleans: 6 x 110lbs, 4 x 132.5lbs, 2 x 155lbs Back Jerks: 6 x 87.5lbs, 4 x 110lbs, 2 x 132.5lbs Felt good to hit the explosive muscles again. I'm much stronger, but I'm lacking speed in the lifts (particularly the Snatches).

Compound lifts this morning.

Squat 140lbs x 8 x 3

Bench 105lbs x 8 x 3

Pull Ups 8,4,2

Just keeping my base strength during golf season, nothing more. Come October 15th I'll start my winter bulk, until then my free time is spent on the course.

- Mark

I got a kettlebell 35 pounds ... watch some videos on on proper technique ...did some snatch's and clean/press ... holy crap it kicked my ass ... and I did not do that many before I was dead ... I like it!

I got a kettlebell 35 pounds ... watch some videos on on proper technique ...did some snatch's and clean/press ... holy crap it kicked my ass ... and I did not do that many before I was dead ... I like it!

Oh yeah it'll do that.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram