Kettlebell deadlifts, goblet squats, intense swings

TRX core work and stretching

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Slacker this week but managed 30 minutes spinning and some half-assed upper body moves while I was watching Supernatural reruns. Work related stress had me doing the 12 oz curls so not motivated to get out of bed and hit the weights.

Dave :-)

Ran and did interval kettlebell training.  Even though haven't posted in a week, doesn't mean I've been slacking off in between ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Interval running 2 minutes on 1 minute off for 15 minutes

Dumbbell exercises: Chest, shoulders, back, legs

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

14 miles out on the bike then upper body resistance work. Have to work it as much as I can, having rotator cuff surgery mid October. Funny thing is I have no pain swinging a club, just doing other things.

Best regards,  Frank

:titleist: 913 D2 10.5*

:titleist: 913 F 17*

:titleist: 913 H 21*

:titleist: 716 AP1 4-P

:vokey:  SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

:odyssey: Tank Cruiser #7

:sunmountain: C-130

having rotator cuff surgery mid October. Funny thing is I have no pain swinging a club, just doing other things.

Oh man, that's a rough one from what I have heard.  Good luck on the surgery

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Has anyone ever told you guys that bench press is bad for your golf swing? Like a bigger chest would hinder your golf swing?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Has anyone ever told you guys that bench press is bad for your golf swing? Like a bigger chest would hinder your golf swing?

I've had a lot of people tell me that lifting weights will kill a golf swing.  I think that's absurd.  As far as benching and a big chest, I don't think doing normal bench pressing is going to give you a chest that big. I could see Ronnie Coleman having problems, but not your average Joe.  I just don't think your chest will get big enough for you to worry about.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Looked at the high dollar treadmill covered up in the garage. Made sure my Total Gym was still safe in the back bedroom closet. Read over instructions on my half assembled AirDyne. Played with the dogs. Cleaned a hamster cage. Did three 12 ounce aluminum curls while strengthening my putting grip by typing on this forum.
  • Upvote 1

I used to lift lots of heavy weights when I was playing football and when I was young and vain, and it is true that too much heavy lifting can ruin your flexibility. I knew gym rats that I played pickup b-ball with who had trouble lifting their arms over their heads to shoot jump shots.

That being said, unless you are power lifting 5 days a week with as much weight as your body can handle, bench pressing probably won't affect your game at all. Especially if you stretch often, or even do yoga. I've heard Tiger Woods say on several occasions, though, that it won't HELP your game very much. My wife is a massage therapist who took a course in golf massage, and the instructor said that the pectoralis muscle group (that which a bench press strengthens) is involved heavily in a golf swing, though, so I wonder.

Bottom line: regular resistance training with low weight and lots of reps, focusing on core strengthening and improving small muscle fibers, is a good idea, even if you like to bench press. Just be smart.

Went on another job interview with a latte.

Came home to watch the President's Cup and saw Tiger Woods. Thought to myself - " I'd better get in the pool for an hour and go lift some weights if I ever want to be good at this game."

Then I saw Brendan de Jonge get another birdie and thought, "Nah, I'll be fine" and went to cook some pasta.

Still, I'm hitting the range for the first time in two weeks for a few hours today. Wifey's out of town and friends aren't around.

Oh man, that's a rough one from what I have heard.  Good luck on the surgery

Thanks! Wife had it back in December, it all went very well, rough couple of months at first then good progress.

Best regards,  Frank

:titleist: 913 D2 10.5*

:titleist: 913 F 17*

:titleist: 913 H 21*

:titleist: 716 AP1 4-P

:vokey:  SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

:odyssey: Tank Cruiser #7

:sunmountain: C-130

Back on the horse after a two week vacation:

W.O.D.

5 rounds for time

50 Double Under/ 150 Single Under Jump Rope

15 Burpees

5 Power Cleans (185 lbs)

20 even was my time and it was good to get the lungs opened back up and back at it after a lil break.