IGNORED

My Swing (Beachcomber)

Beachcomber

Since @Beachcomber doesn't post anymore, I'll post for him ;-)

Feeling I suggested was that the wrist angles, especially the right wrist, doesn't change it's flex from A1-4. Right wrist over flexes, left goes into palmar flexion, right arm gets "bunchy" at A4 and then the shaft steepens on the downswing. Much better here.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Who the hell is the freak with his paws on my golf bag?! :beer:

@mvmac thank you for posting a swing and a few feels to consider... I'll work on the right palm/wrist and try and prevent it from overflexing from A3 to A4.  Definitely would like to see that club become more square at A4 and believe you nailed the weakness in your observation.

Sorry about being sporadic on here... Baby and work have both taken a lot of my downtime!!

Sorry about being sporadic on here... Baby and work have both taken a lot of my downtime!!

I know exactly how you feel. My baby is 3 now and it only gets tougher as she gets older.

Michael

• 8 years later...

Long time, no talk. Finally dusting off the sticks and trying to get my groove back. Here’s a few recent swings with a 7i and data from FlighScope. 

I’m going to work on some of the old stuff @mvmacsuggested in 2014. 😂

image.thumb.png.1127d4feac6005793f7d25168b1485bd.png

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 1

Holy shit balls, Beachcomber's back! Hide the goats! 😄

Just kidding of course. Welcome back, man! Fun thread bump. :beer:

PS- It's weird I have a higher post count than you now. 

• Funny 2

Constantine

15 hours ago, JetFan1983 said:

Holy shit balls, Beachcomber's back! Hide the goats! 😄

Just kidding of course. Welcome back, man! Fun thread bump. :beer:

PS- It's weird I have a higher post count than you now. 

Ha! “Hide the goats!” Hey, why you gotta do me dirty like that?! 🤣 

• Funny 1

• Administrator

Set up with your hips a bit more where the white line is. You're a little back in your heels, so you re-balance toward the balls/toes of your feet a bit.

01.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

16 hours ago, iacas said:

Set up with your hips a bit more where the white line is. You're a little back in your heels, so you re-balance toward the balls/toes of your feet a bit.

01.jpg

Q: Is there a tip on how to check if your hip is in line with the ankle/mid sole at address? Is there a feel, or way to ensure your true weight distribution is balanced, and isn’t too heel or toe/balls of the feet bias?

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Beachcomber said:

Q: Is there a tip on how to check if your hip is in line with the ankle/mid sole at address? Is there a feel, or way to ensure your true weight distribution is balanced, and isn’t too heel or toe/balls of the feet bias?

I mean…

See all the pictures in that topic?

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 hours ago, iacas said:

I mean…

See all the pictures in that topic?

Ok, sorry, I was looking through the thread you shared (thank you!) and just see alignments using software to draw lines to check alignment. I was looking for something a little easier to check without a camera while on the course or range. 

I went deeper into the topic, and found this in Mike’s original post (see attached pic). This gives me a few tips/tricks I can use to judge the setup better using some alignment sticks. 

Interestingly, I just saw a tweet that popped up on my feed with a quick way to check posture and balance too. I’ll give this a try and see if I can nail it. 

7DEC972B-059D-48A2-82A5-8825E8895850.jpeg

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Beachcomber said:

I was looking for something a little easier to check without a camera while on the course or range. 

Hang a club from the middle of your hips near the seam of your pants and it should go through your ankles.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok, went back to the basics with my grip, balance/posture issues, and tried to prevent the right arm from getting bunched. Here’s a 7i swing from today which looks a little better to my untrained eye. 

Going to keep working on the grip and left/right arm - trying not to go too deep across the chest and over flexing my right bicep at A4

• 1 month later...

Fellow trappers, hope all is well? Here’s a few PW’s from today where I had the camera out to check on my lines. 

Don’t mind the kids in the background arguing about a putting contest they had going. 🤣😂

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator

This topic might be good for you:

As would any of the "flow" days from here: https://golfevolution.com/instruction/30-day-plan/.

• Thumbs Up 1