Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mvmac

Chevron World Challenge 2011 Thread

227 posts in this topic

Tiger's last chance to get a win.  Last year was exciting with Graeme McDowell making birdie on his last two holes to beat Tiger at his own event.  But doesn't seem like the defending champ is going to play, here's this year's field

The 2011 Chevron World Challenge field: Steve Stricker (5), Jason Day (7), Matt Kuchar (8), Nick Watney (11), Webb Simpson (13), Bubba Watson (15), K.J. Choi (16), Paul Casey (20), Hunter Mahan (23), Jim Furyk (24), Keegan Bradley (28), Martin Laird (31), Zach Johnson (32), Rickie Fowler (33), Bo Van Pelt (40), Bill Haas (45), Tiger Woods (49)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I say he wins, then the media switches back to talking about 19 majors every day until Augusta.

I am looking forward to this tourney.

If Tiger really is back in form, it will be fun to watch.

This.

Quote:

I say he wins, then the media switches back to talking about 19 majors every day until Augusta.

I hope he wins. It's my last chance to win the bet I made.

Then again, the Presidents Cup is also a "PGA Tour sanctioned event." ;-)

Originally Posted by mvmac

Tiger's last chance to get a win.  Last year was exciting with Graeme McDowell making birdie on his last two holes to beat Tiger at his own event.  But doesn't seem like the defending champ is going to play, here's this year's field

The "win" wouldn't count, even though it's a great field.

Wasn't McDowell's win in a playoff? Didn't he make great putts on 18 and then on the first playoff hole, also 18?

Tehnically that is his last two holes, but I wouldn't describe McDowell's win as "making birdies on his last two holes" He made two amazing putts after Tiger hit one stone dead next to the 72nd hole.

Originally Posted by Shorty

The "win" wouldn't count, even though it's a great field.

Wasn't McDowell's win in a playoff? Didn't he make great putts on 18 and then on the first playoff hole, also 18?

Tehnically that is his last two holes, but I wouldn't describe McDowell's win as "making birdies on his last two holes" He made two amazing putts after Tiger hit one stone dead next to the 72nd hole.

That was ice cold! The twisted dagger! They still show that moment of the putt dropping and him fist pumping while shooting Tiger a look on a Golf Channel commercial almost daily.

OMG i just about fell out of my chair last year when that fat leprechaun sunk those 2 putts...i couldnt believe he did that.  especially after that approach from tiger to 2 feet.

Originally Posted by deasy55

I'm going to refrain from biting on that comment ^^

Just swalllow it whole.

Seriously though, why do they award OWGR points for this event? Seems a bit off to me.

I looked it up there and saw that Gmac got 50 points last year for winning it. A Major gives you 100...half the points of a major for a field of 18 event which is basically a bit of fun?

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Seriously though, why do they award OWGR points for this event? Seems a bit off to me.

Originally Posted by colin007

OMG i just about fell out of my chair last year when that fat leprechaun sunk those 2 putts...i couldnt believe he did that.  especially after that approach from tiger to 2 feet.

Haven't been posting much...been a bit busy (will be adding my .02 in some of the instruction areas soon)...but the "fat leprechaun" comment just made me laugh so hard I had to thank colin007!!!

Dave

Dana Dahlquist snapped a pic of Tiger's new bag.  He's got a new deal with Fuse Science, a small, Florida-based nutrition company that focuses on energy and body replenishment products in drop form or lotion that can be rubbed into the skin.

Tiger's New Bag 2011.jpg

All eyes will be on TW. I hope he continues to play well.

Originally Posted by mvmac

Dana Dahlquist snapped a pic of Tiger's new bag.  He's got a new deal with Fuse Science, a small, Florida-based nutrition company that focuses on energy and body replenishment products in drop form or lotion that can be rubbed into the skin.

Unbelievable. Pseudo science nonsense. But then again, I still see pros wearing those ridiculus Powerband and TrionZ things.

And....people buy bottled water, so I guess separating fools from their money is a pretty easy thing to do. Just a shame that some golf pros take the money. Who can blame them I guess.

So much for their integrity and "due diligence".

Originally Posted by Shorty

Unbelievable. Pseudo science nonsense. But then again, I still see pros wearing those ridiculus Powerband and TrionZ things.

And....people buy bottled water, so I guess separating fools from their money is a pretty easy thing to do. Just a shame that some golf pros take the money. Who can blame them I guess.

So much for their integrity and "due diligence".

I will honestly say if someone wanted to pay me money to put something on my bag or use it, I would probably do it.  I hope Tiger plays like he did on Sunday of the President's Cup.  Should be interesting to see how he fairs with having to the hit the driver a little more.

Originally Posted by deasy55

I'm going to refrain from biting on that comment ^^

no, please do!! :)