Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jswang519

Golf Pride Grip on Wedges

8 posts in this topic

I'm at the point now where the stock grips on my Callaway X Series Jaws Wedges are getting kind of slippery and losing grip. So I'm in the market for some new grips. The ones that I think I want to get are Golf Pride Tour Velvet BCT Grips. I want something that has a lot of feel on the wedges, and something really tacky. Does anyone have any experience with these grips? What kind of grips do you like to use on your wedges?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I use Pure Grips , love them, very tacky and if you have an air compressor there is no other grip imo.  They have a 1 year guarantee.  I've never used the Tour Velvet cords, but the Tour Velvets are very popular.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I use the Golf Pride tour wraps. Absolutely love the feel. Tacky and super comfortable.

Lamkin OVERSIZE on all my clubs ... love that grip - just feels substantial

Tour Wraps since 92. No glove, just love and all feel (and yes, it's real!).

Standard GP TV 58 Round on all of my clubs (bar putter) feel is great driver through wedges

Just not a Tour Velvet Fan ... they seem to wear more quickly than Lamkin.

If you're looking for tacky and long lasting, GripMaster Leather.

Otherwise, I'd suggest something in a Lamkin.

I have not tried the "Pure" but putting it on yourself if you are DIY, sounds good. I think Eric has a review of the Pure Grips on the site.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by mvmac

I use Pure Grips, love them, very tacky and if you have an air compressor there is no other grip imo.  They have a 1 year guarantee.  I've never used the Tour Velvet cords, but the Tour Velvets are very popular.

I second the PURE Grips.  And I like using the same grips on all the clubs.  On all mine, I have one wrap of tape for the full length of the grip, and 3 extra wraps under my right (low) hand.  And on the wedges (G, S, and L) I have 3 wraps full length with 3 extra under the right hand.