IGNORED

Golf Pride Grip on Wedges

Note: This thread is 4518 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm at the point now where the stock grips on my Callaway X Series Jaws Wedges are getting kind of slippery and losing grip. So I'm in the market for some new grips. The ones that I think I want to get are Golf Pride Tour Velvet BCT Grips. I want something that has a lot of feel on the wedges, and something really tacky. Does anyone have any experience with these grips? What kind of grips do you like to use on your wedges?

I use Pure Grips , love them, very tacky and if you have an air compressor there is no other grip imo.  They have a 1 year guarantee.  I've never used the Tour Velvet cords, but the Tour Velvets are very popular.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tour Wraps since 92. No glove, just love and all feel (and yes, it's real!).

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Standard GP TV 58 Round on all of my clubs (bar putter) feel is great driver through wedges

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

Just not a Tour Velvet Fan ... they seem to wear more quickly than Lamkin.

If you're looking for tacky and long lasting, GripMaster Leather.

Otherwise, I'd suggest something in a Lamkin.

I have not tried the "Pure" but putting it on yourself if you are DIY, sounds good. I think Eric has a review of the Pure Grips on the site.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by mvmac

I use Pure Grips, love them, very tacky and if you have an air compressor there is no other grip imo.  They have a 1 year guarantee.  I've never used the Tour Velvet cords, but the Tour Velvets are very popular.

I second the PURE Grips.  And I like using the same grips on all the clubs.  On all mine, I have one wrap of tape for the full length of the grip, and 3 extra wraps under my right (low) hand.  And on the wedges (G, S, and L) I have 3 wraps full length with 3 extra under the right hand.

Note: This thread is 4518 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!