IGNORED

Does President Obama play too much Golf?

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4158 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If you held me at gunpoint and asked if he played too much or too little I'd err on the side of too much, but no, I don't really care.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by jamo

If you held me at gunpoint and asked if he played too much or too little I'd err on the side of too much, but no, I don't really care.

Based on certain threads, that exact scenario is probably happening on a course somewhere as we speak.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Politics aside, can anyone ever play too much golf? Really? If I was Potus, I would be playing those 2 hour speed rounds on Congressional and some of those other great DC area courses.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by GJBenn85

I'm not opposed to Romney and do not love Obama, but it is ridiculous he is using the number of HOLES played to sway the average idiot voter.  Do the math...it is less than 30 ROUNDS per year which is far from being absurd.

Agreed with everything you said.

Considering the job that Obama has and all the partisan drama that he has to deal with, Id say he should be allowed to play as much golf as he wants.  Perhaps we should pick apart how Romney spends his free time.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

I think Obama may be the worst president our country has ever seen,

Wow - a deep thinker...and a student of politics. I'll bet you think Michael Moore is a Commie too.
Let's hear your reasons. Let's start with G.W.Bush.

Can you think of a single example of where G.W. was better than Obama?

Are you aware that Obama has in some ways restored your country's international reputation and along with it the confidence of the majority of even semi-educated people in your own country.  The fact that Obama was elected should give you hope.

At least Palin has the sense to pull out before she shamed your country even more.I would hang my head in embarrassment if in my country we ever elected (there's another story) someone as painfully ignorant and stupid as G.W.  Oops... we almost did and maybe we will again soon.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by mdl

It seems pretty obvious that 30 rounds of golf over 3 years is a ridiculous thing for anyone to care about...

Just to clarify, it's 30 rounds per year, over 3 years.

Bill

Originally Posted by Shorty

Wow - a deep thinker...and a student of politics. I'll bet you think Michael Moore is a Commie too.

Let's hear your reasons. Let's start with G.W.Bush.

Can you think of a single example of where G.W. was better than Obama?

Are you aware that Obama has in some ways restored your country's international reputation and along with it the confidence of the majority of even semi-educated people in your own country.  The fact that Obama was elected should give you hope.

At least Palin has the sense to pull out before she shamed your country even more.I would hang my head in embarrassment if in my country we ever elected (there's another story) someone as painfully ignorant and stupid as G.W.  Oops... we almost did and maybe we will again soon.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

What about the statement I was responding to?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

The first post was worse. Obama isn't in the top 10 of all time worst presidents (yet. Given him a second term and we will see what he can do). People don't have any sense of history. But it is hard not make fun of Bush for picking the 1 axis of evil member that wasn't working on weapons of mass destruction, destroying our economy in a mere 7 years, the incredible inflation of our national debt during boom years, unfunded liabilities like medicare part D and so on. Of course he only deserves blame for half of it. It is equally hard to fault Obama for being pretty ineffective other than health care reform (sort of) and Ossama.

Pretty much any president will do something that people will complain about. Bush Jr spend half the year at his ranch, Clinton was messing around with interns, Bush Sr was racing speed boats, Nancy was using astrologers to schedule meetings, and so on.  I find it hard to object to anyone taking 4 hours a week for personal time. The problem with golf for Obama is that it is considered an "elitest" sport. Granted it is a different elite (i.e CEOs and not liberal professors) than the one that we are supposed to object to but that is too fine of line for fox viewers.

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

When any president plays golf, it is usually under 4 hours with plenty of vacant holes.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

So, 30 rounds per year works out to pretty close to one round a week during the regular season, but he flies all over the place so I'm sure he plays during the winter. So at, say, 3 rounds every 4 weeks, does that sound like too much? Depends on how much other time he takes because by itself it's not unreasonable. By itself it sounds about right for someone with a serious hobby and a need to maintain some sanity. [quote name="poser" url="/t/54663/does-president-obama-play-too-much-golf#post_665914"] I think they should be able to get out and play but, they use to give george bush so much crap over it and he played less than half of what Obama has done. [/quote] I know, kind of odd. But no matter which side does what, the other side will insist they did it wrong. The moment we have a president who doesn't take any personal time he'll get attacked for pushing himself too hard and not keeping himself balanced.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Well how many of us can actually say they played golf with obama? I can!  LOL, well we werent really playing together but he was about two holes behind me and my group.  Here is a pic of my buddy with Obama in the background.  At first we werent 100% sure but the many men with high caliber rifles were all over the place.  I was very tempted to hit into his fairway and see if I could get a handshake!   This was on 12/28/2008 at Olomana Golf Links in Waimanalo.  I also got video of him too carrying his own bag up toward the clubhouse!

olomana.jpg

Taylormade BSF 2.0 9.5° Driver

2011 Burner 3 Wood

2007 Burner TP 5 Wood
Taylormade Burner Superfast 2.0 Irons
09 Spin Milled Vokeys- 46°, 52°, 58° Wedges CG-14 60° Wedge Odyssey Black Series i #1 Putter

There have been other presidents who played....

IKE was probably the most recognized...

thumbnail.aspx?q=1342549007327&id=b08c56b36aa9fe5f35b493b169f143ca

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by localhawaii

Well how many of us can actually say they played golf with obama? I can!  LOL, well we werent really playing together but he was about two holes behind me and my group.  Here is a pic of my buddy with Obama in the background.  At first we werent 100% sure but the many men with high caliber rifles were all over the place.  I was very tempted to hit into his fairway and see if I could get a handshake!   This was on 12/28/2008 at Olomana Golf Links in Waimanalo.  I also got video of him too carrying his own bag up toward the clubhouse!

Why doesn't your friend have a head?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by mvmac

Mitt Romney seems to think so.  He just launched this Website that lists the number of holes Obama has reportedly played in office, 1,584.  Also wants you to donate $18 to give the Prez a "permanent vacation".  Romney recently commented on Obama's 17-day vacation to Hawaii; “I just think it’s time to have a president whose idea of being 'hands on' doesn’t mean getting a better grip on the golf club,".

I can't believe this thread is even up... if you've seen any of Romney's ads and knew any facts, they are all lies, and da%m lies, and I'm not a big fan of Obama.

If Romney played a little golf, he might appear human. I said, "might." But I doubt it.

As to Obama, I don't think he gets in 18 when he plays. His job has a lil' bit of pressure, so anything to relieve that pressure for even a few hours, is probably good for his health and his job performance.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Based on certain threads, that exact scenario is probably happening on a course somewhere as we speak.

Wow, now if we could just squeeze in some religion and abortion posts this thread would have everything.

I don't think the President (any president) really is ever on vacation.  President Bush also rode mountain bikes a lot, with a secret service agent around him at all times and his poor assistant trailing in a SUV.  They age tremendously in office due to the stress.  30 rounds in 3 years is nothing.

Mitt is a rich guy trying to be President.  He was a crappy Governor of Mass.  We all knew he only ran for Governor so he could then run for President.  He was on vacation a lot when he was Gov.  Mostly in other states.  There are lot of pictures of him riding his jet skis and big yacht around.

He is the type that comes in late to situations too, then claims credit for the success.  If you played golf with him, he would join you at the 17th hole, get two pars then claimed he beat you.

Don't give rich guys money, it only inflates their opinions of themselves.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 4158 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!