IGNORED

Lost & Not Yet Found

Note: This thread is 6202 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I seem to have lost my swing, while it was not that good to begin with it was getting better.

I played a round on Saturday and nothing (except putting, which suprisingly was better than usual) felt right. I couldn't keep my drives in the fairway, my pitches and chips were all short (except one with a 60* vokey I pulled out for the second time--haven't practiced with it so I don't play it) and my mid irons-fairway wood were erratic. Naturally I went to the range yesterday and what do you know I descended ever further into the pit as I couldn't do anything. I think I am thinking too much, have to many swing thought in my head. Also instead of hitting fat shots, I am now hitting thin shots and not taking a divot, levaing only a small friction mark on the grass. I am going to have to go back to the pro to figure it out but he will probably put more thoughts in my head to work on. Anybody else out there seem to lose their swing overnight...how did you get it back.

In my Grom:
Driver: :nike: Sasquatch 9.5° Graffalloy Shaft-Stiff Flex
FW: :nike: 3 (15°) & 5 (19°) Sasquatch Diamana Shaft-Stiff Flex
Hybrid: :touredge: Tour Edge Exotics Ironwood 21° Adila Shaft-Stiff Flex
Irons: :nike: 4-AW OSS Steel Shaft-Stiff Flex
Wedges: :vokey: Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60
Putter:  :edel: Basic Series 

Check out this thread.
http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5352

I had the same thing happen. We had a cold snap this spring and I missed getting out for about 3 weeks. When I made it back out I had nothing. Just crappy shot after crappy shot.

I used the toe up drill and soon saw that I was just out of sync. My pace, body movement ,take away was just wacked. This drill really makes you simplify your swing and not think. You have to be smooth and quiet or you fall over. I too had waaaay too many thing on my mind.

For me ( being a hacker ) keeping things simple are a big help. I cannot think during my swing. I need to be in a groove.

Give it a try ,as it has helped me alot oer the last week, and let me know what you think.

hammerTyme();
stop();

Thanks, but I have a few questions...what is the drill supposed to show, what are you feeling...additionally, are you on your tippy toes, i.e. with the toe of the shoe pointed in the ground or only on your toes with with your heel up in the air (poor explanation). What felt different on the left foot from the right and vice versa?

Thanks for the help,

Matt

In my Grom:
Driver: :nike: Sasquatch 9.5° Graffalloy Shaft-Stiff Flex
FW: :nike: 3 (15°) & 5 (19°) Sasquatch Diamana Shaft-Stiff Flex
Hybrid: :touredge: Tour Edge Exotics Ironwood 21° Adila Shaft-Stiff Flex
Irons: :nike: 4-AW OSS Steel Shaft-Stiff Flex
Wedges: :vokey: Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60
Putter:  :edel: Basic Series 

I think it is to help you get used to weight balance/distribution, If you fall off balance your swing was wrong. I have yet to try it. I'm going to get to it today, but I assume that is what it should help with.

Whats in the bag!

Driver: Titileist 983 E. 9.5* S.
Woods 3&5: Titileist 906F
Irons: Nike NDS 3-pwLob Wedge: Vokey 60*Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 56*Putter: Nike Oz Black T160. 35Ball: Titileist Pro V1-x

I put my tippy toe straight on the ground, even with my left heel about 12-18" apart.

This drill does the following for me.

1) slows my pace. My problems start when my pace quickens.
2) makes me cock my wrists, if I don't it feels like I'm hitting a brick and get no distance
3) makes me have a good shoulder rotation, same reason as above
4) keeps my lower body quiet and in time with my swing. I tend to get my body way ahead of my swing and it cause a pull.

With my foot back it leaves a lot of room for my swing to have a clear inside path. I do feel it promotes a more single plane swing but I would need to video tape it to know that is correct.

hammerTyme();
stop();

Note: This thread is 6202 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!