IGNORED

New TaylorMade TP5 Golf Balls

Note: This thread is 4337 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Has anyone else played these recently.  I would like a comparison between the penta tp and the penta tp5.  I am almost out of the tp which I like so I am trying to decide between the old penta to save a few dollars and the tp5.  Thanks.

R9 with 757 Speeder
mp 57 3-pw project x 6.0 flighted
Vokey* 56* 60*
Monza Corsa Putter

Originally Posted by mad max

Has anyone else played these recently.  I would like a comparison between the penta tp and the penta tp5.  I am almost out of the tp which I like so I am trying to decide between the old penta to save a few dollars and the tp5.  Thanks.

Are the Pentas still for sale?  Where and how much?  Fantastic ball; can't really compare it to the Penta TP5 as I haven't played the new ball.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by k-troop

Are the Pentas still for sale?  Where and how much?  Fantastic ball; can't really compare it to the Penta TP5 as I haven't played the new ball.

I haven't seen the 2011 Pentas in stores since ~ February.  I'm sure you could buy them off of Ebay pretty easily though?  I've played both the TP 2011 and the TP5 2012 (bought a dozen when they first came out)... And couldn't distinguish a difference.

I still have 4 dozen of the TP 2011's though to burn through before I buy more balls.  And currently playing with a dozen Tour Z premium balls which I will be doing a review of shortly.

https://www.golfshopcentral.com/p-47-kick-x-tourz-premium-balls.aspx

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

I've now played 3 rounds with the new TP5's and I have to say I'm quite impressed.  They seem to be noticeably longer off the tee than what I was playing before (Nike Tour One) and also longer than the original Penta TP.  It's been a while since I've played the Pro V and Pro V1, so I don't have that to compare to.

If anyone is wanting a premium ball at a non-premium price, and you can still find the buy 2 get 1 free deal, I'd definitely recommed the TP5.  For an average of $30/dozen, I don't think you're going to find anything that can compete with them.

Note: This thread is 4337 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!