IGNORED

Swing thoughts.

TarDawg
Note: This thread is 4072 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I tend to overthink every shot and end up talking myself into making last minute changes. So I've simplified it.....take a deep breath, light grip pressure and slow takeaway....that's it.

I try to think about the start of the down swing staying on target.
I always work on straight back and straight through.
Before every shot, even the putts.....
I think LOW AND SLOW
In the bag.....
Burner Superfast
G10 3wd UST V2
hybrid
MP-32 CG10/11 52*,56*,58*,60* wedges Squareback Pro V1Bushnell 1500 Pinseeker T.E. laser range finderBushnell Neo GPS

I usually don't have much in the way of a swing thought. If I do it is usually along the lines of "Nice smooth swing, let the club do the work".

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

for me when i hit driver, i think take it back slowly and then the most important thing for me is to lock my left elbow and strong grip with left hand. i have a tendency to let me left arm bend during my swing and that causes all kinds of grief. when i keep it straight and locked, i knock it long and down the middle. i think its also that my right arm gets too much action during the swing so it will pull it left and cause hooks. so on takeaway, i let my right arm pull it back and left arm initiate downswing. actually today at the range, i was fooling around trying to hit it as hard as i could and that helped me lock my left arm since i tensed it up and it went the furthest and straighted ive ever hit it. so im going to try that now :P

• 5 years later...

My daughter's theory is, "You are more likely to screw up if you have too many swing thoughts," so she tries to blank out her mind and let all of the work she did on the range take over.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Note: This thread is 4072 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!